Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Fucked up breeders
    #338903 - 01/02/10 03:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, many have heard me bitch about breeders who don't wanna do work. Now I like the strains Soma has but I'm gonna have to use him as my example here. Now when the seeds are all killer and everybody is loving them he is more then happy to take the credit and say he does all the work.

Well many of you have heard me bitch a out the way he does his feminized seeds. His method promotes hermies and there is no way around it. I have explaind what has to be done to everybody here and to Soma himself to his face, buuuuut nooooo he has the right method to the point that he put it in his book and tells others (who whoship the fucking ground he walks on) that this is the way to do it.(making feminized seeds)

Now I have told him and everybody else you need to stress the plants and use the one that don't show hermie signs use those to make feminized seeds by using a chemical agent to promote male flowering. Now he said to just don't harvest the plants for weeks after the harvest date and the stress will promote male flowers. The problem is this method uses the first plants that actually want to be hermies. This is promoting hermie gentics period. Crap like this keeps up it's makes growing harder for all of us as these shitty gentics spread.

Now I'm gonna go into myself a little bit since I'm a little pissed right now (I'll get into that in a minute) My family has been into the pot scene since the 1940s. My grandfather smuggled it over the boarder and marijuana has been in the family since that time. The smuggling end of the family ended and the growing part started in the early 70s with my father and passed to my brother who was in the Humboldt scene since the late 70s. My family and I take the pot trade very fucking seriously.

I got into the trade when my brother brought me into it. I got into the trade in the early 80s and started my own grows indoors and out in 1985. I've been under the lights since that time other then a few year break I had to take when I went to prison for growing in the early 90s. Nothing can stop me as soon as I got out I was growing again. I take the growing thing very seriously and I've posted enough pics, enough post, and given out enough samples to prove this by a long shot.

So what has me so pissed that I'll go into all this. After preaching his growing skills and such in a book and countless other shit the feminized seed thing is blowing up in Soma's face and what does he have to say about his method now.

Quote:

Greetings..........yes I love satisfied customers...............what I want to know is if these seeds are true females as I was told by my buddy who brought them...........as I did not paticipate on the actual grow........I really want to know whats up.........so please anyone out there who has this problem.....let me know right away.......if he messed up with me.........he has to make it right.........thats life.........sometimes correcting mistakes.........like wasting soil......I reuse my soil over 4 times.....with fantastic results..............and save money and resourses............but I do not want anyone getting males from female seeds......that is a pain in the ass.........and right now its a pain in my ass......more will be revealed................Peace Soma

Now all of a sudden nothing about his method, nothing about all the great work he does, now it's the fault of some other grower.

If you do good work take the credit you deserve but if you fuck up (for just plain lack of work) stand up to it like a man and admit when you fucked up rather then passing the buck onto others.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Fucked up breeders [Re: Magash]
    #338911 - 01/02/10 04:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

If you do good work take the credit you deserve but if you fuck up (for just plain lack of work) stand up to it like a man and admit when you fucked up rather then passing the buck onto others.

Sounds like the United States. :lol:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Fucked up breeders [Re: Triptonic]
    #339056 - 01/02/10 07:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:yesnod:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Fucked up breeders [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #339059 - 01/02/10 07:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Who is in your display pic dude. I have always wondered but never asked. And I dont know why I havent ever asked.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Fucked up breeders [Re: Triptonic]
    #339179 - 01/02/10 09:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

between the buried and me. broke my wrist at that show last year. i got like the same pic i took in green.

--------------------

Offlineblueberry D
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
    #339188 - 01/02/10 09:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Kinda sounds like someone who is never wrong or knows everything there is to be known about anything definitely not the typre of person I would like to hang out with but just know your shit is going to prolly blow somas shit out da water when it is time. I just wish the best of luck to you and hope your strains start popping off. About how much longer do you think until your strains will be stable enough to go on the market???

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fucked up breeders [Re: blueberry D]
    #339310 - 01/03/10 03:41 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The strains are pretty much ready it's just having the seeds to fill the orders. I'm not gonna do like the others and just take orders and hope I have the seeds ready by then or tell people to pick alternate strains in case the one they want isn't ready. I want everybody to get what they want and for the strains to do exactly what I say they will do on the package. The biggest hold back is all the lawyer crap and getting the packaging.
Most likely looks like I'm gonna have to try and move the seed grow to Europe to avoid the Marc Emery thing. :potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlineblueberry D
Male User Gallery

#339327 - 01/03/10 08:22 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I completely understand what you are saying I get just pissed when I make a decision on a strain and them fuckers (seed company's) don't even have it in. I was gonna get chimera and dj shorts mental floss and that was out of stock for about two months on both sites so I understand where you are coming from. I just cant wait for them bad boys. Think I will just stick with your genes once they are ready plus that  maneater, and cannibal, I think there called sound pretty cool.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #339467 - 01/03/10 01:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

Most likely looks like I'm gonna have to try and move the seed grow to Europe to avoid the Marc Emery thing. :potleaf:

I'm glad to see you say that.  That should make you feel more comfortable about getting things done without constant fear of the feds jumpin down ur back.  I bet that'll prove to be a hassle though.  Better safe than sorry.  goood luck with it all.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fucked up breeders [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #339517 - 01/03/10 02:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah just a huge pain in the ass though. The thing is that is what cost most doing the move and getting the place to grow but to tell the truth the major thing that just makes me want to bang my head is the way the lawyers are taking so long to get the shit done.

--------------------

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#339988 - 01/04/10 01:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

WEll I can't wait until you are up and running. I still can't wait to try your Sweet 16

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #341451 - 01/06/10 07:54 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

source of the soma quote? I'd like to see what exactly he was replying to.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fucked up breeders [Re: captain.koons]
    #341712 - 01/06/10 06:27 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Its in one of the threads at ICMAG in his forum.The thread about people complaining about his fems.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #341739 - 01/06/10 07:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I don't care enough to look for it.

Shady blaming his friend growing the seeds though.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #342115 - 01/07/10 12:53 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

Sorry to hear that sounds like a pain in the ass.  Am I missing something or would you have to do some large scale illegal shit to get them over here?  Are you moving to Europe?  It's gonna be funny when everyone on here is growing this Sweet 16. 

Soma sounds like a loser.  Tha Mag Man is the only breeder I trust enough to drop money on.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fucked up breeders [Re: SmOakland]
    #342327 - 01/07/10 01:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Nah, Soma is good just his fems are well just plain bad. He has great genetics in his reg seeds.

Yeah gotta do some funky shit to get them there but I've done it before. Just a huge pain in the ass.

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #342333 - 01/07/10 01:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Nah, Soma is good just his fems are well just plain bad. He has great genetics in his reg seeds.

Yeah gotta do some funky shit to get them there but I've done it before. Just a huge pain in the ass.

Weak.  If I were cool I would take a year off college and grow  a massive seed crop of your shit.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Fucked up breeders [Re: SmOakland]
    #343025 - 01/08/10 09:05 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I :heart: Maneater

I swear I can still remember exactly what that bud smelled like...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlineblueberry D
Male User Gallery

Re: Fucked up breeders [Re: Inverted]
    #343112 - 01/08/10 11:52 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I wish I had some.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fucked up breeders [Re: blueberry D]
    #343952 - 01/09/10 09:47 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yah, for real lol.  My jars empty again :frown:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale