Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDDapper08
Stranger
Please someone give me some good advice!
    #326113 - 12/03/09 03:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So this is my very first time growing. Everything was going great up until about the one month mark. My top leaves started to turn really yellow and one of the leaves is even starting to curl up a little. On the lower half of the leaves they are also turning a little yellow but now also have quite a few brown spots on them. the stem is completely green and no other color. I'm thinkin it may be a problem with the PH level in the water. I haven't used any nutes yet. any advice?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Please someone give me some good advice! [Re: DDapper08]
    #326120 - 12/03/09 03:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Does your soil have nutes in it? If not you should feed them! Pictures would also be nice. But I'm thinking its cuz you are at one month and havent fed them anything yet.

OfflineDDapper08
Stranger
Re: Please someone give me some good advice! [Re: Triptonic]
    #326142 - 12/03/09 04:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well My friend who has been growin told me it sounds like it could be a Potassium deficiency so i gave it some of that. but i also just recently mixed in some miracle grow for tomato plants after the problem occurred to help give it some nutrients. I can get some pictures up on here tomorrow of plant, i dont currently have any at the moment.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
    #326181 - 12/03/09 05:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You need to begin some research about growing weed.  Miracle grow is not the solution.  Also, it is not a Potassium Def.  It is most likely a nutrient issue, either lack of, or uptake is blocked.  Probably lack of Nutes.

If you are really new and on a lower budget, you can simply buy Fish Emulsion 5-1-1 and use this to feed it during the veg period at a half dose.  There are many other solutions and mixtures you can use to feed it as well.  What soil medium are you growing it in also?  Perhaps that is part of the problem.

Fill out the http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/53005 and place it here as a reply so we can know all the details.  Pictures will help as well.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #326198 - 12/03/09 05:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DDapper08 said:
Well My friend who has been growin told me it sounds like it could be a Potassium deficiency so i gave it some of that. but i also just recently mixed in some miracle grow for tomato plants after the problem occurred to help give it some nutrients. I can get some pictures up on here tomorrow of plant, i dont currently have any at the moment.

Ignore this guy.  We will be your friends now.  Fill out the form that Azyle liked you to.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Please someone give me some good advice! [Re: SmOakland]
    #326241 - 12/03/09 06:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Generally deficiencies begin showing on the old growth and work it's way up to the newest growth.  The lower yellowing is often a good sign of N def. but the brown spots could be any sorts of things w/ out pictures.  Could even be spider mites.  How far is your growth tip from your light source, and what is your light source?  I've noticed yellowing in the newest growth from changing from veg to flowering, and also from having them too close the the light source and the chlorophyll gets leached out of the cells.  Heat stress generally accompanies light bleaching so those signs would be evident unless you have stellar ventilation.

Heat stress would be curling of the leaves outer edges, generally upward, and the newest growth could look shriveled.

Pictures would be optimal/necessary for a diagnosis, as well as ALL of your specifics.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleMystery420
Guerrilla grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: United kingdom
Re: Please someone give me some good advice! [Re: Inverted]
    #326519 - 12/04/09 12:32 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Dude you need to give us a little more info and some pics. Its hard to say whats wrong with your plants without looking at them.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Please someone give me some good advice! [Re: Mystery420]
    #326525 - 12/04/09 12:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:postcount:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#326526 - 12/04/09 01:01 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That was relevent...  come on man, lets keep stuff like that in TSL.

No worries just try to be helpful when possible.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#326527 - 12/04/09 01:22 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
That was relevent...  come on man, lets keep stuff like that in TSL.

No worries just try to be helpful when possible.

TSL? you mean dome? haha.

OfflineDDapper08
Stranger
    #326887 - 12/04/09 06:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well I work 90 percent of my time and this is my first time to grow. so yes I am very new at this and im willing to learn from it. I do not know much at all but it shouldnt be to hard. here is a picture of the plant for now

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#326969 - 12/04/09 07:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It looks like it really needs to be fed.

Remind me again, have you been feeding?  How old is it?

--------------------

OfflineDDapper08
Stranger
    #326974 - 12/04/09 07:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It just turned a month old a few days ago. I have fed it a little bit but idk what i should be using. right now im on a tight budget because i just bought a new vehicle. so what kind of things would work best?

Offlinevipergts2207
RooR
 User Gallery

Loc: Ohio
    #327099 - 12/04/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well first, quit feeding it miracle grow. It's better than nothing, but it's very far from optimal. If you can afford it buy some fox farm grow big for vegging and some fox farm tiger bloom for flowering. You'll be pretty well set with those nutes. I'm sure others have their own recommendations too though.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Please someone give me some good advice! [Re: vipergts2207]
    #327271 - 12/05/09 07:41 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ack that plant looks sad.  You need to start feeding it something high in Nitrogen (N).  Fertilizers all have three numbers on the label (eg 15-25-25).  This indicates the percentage of Nitrogen-Phosphorous-Potassium.  You need anything that you can afford that has a lot of nitrogen.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds