Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Buying a HOUSE - Tips/Suggetions? Things you wish you had known???
    #322729 - 11/28/09 06:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

tips and suggestions? Suburbia okay? too close to other homes? Rural? City?

Any suggestions for a room? Basement - attic? Anything else?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Buying a HOUSE - Tips/Suggetions? Things you wish you had known??? [Re: pftek]
    #322731 - 11/28/09 06:07 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

id buy a house right outside of town with a basement and neighbors that are a decent distance from your house. in the woods would be awesome.

grow dank and post pics.

Offlinedrumma
Stranger

Re: Buying a HOUSE - Tips/Suggetions? Things you wish you had known??? [Re: pftek]
    #322936 - 11/29/09 10:41 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

A basement would be a definite plus. One thing to think about is venting and fresh air. A small window or old unused dryer vent in an inconspicuous location on the back side of the house. Getting cool/fresh air will help with heat issues and is always better for the plants than old stale recycled air.  Also look for some sort of drain and water source in the basement will save you form lugging buckets of water up and down stairs and makes for easy disposal of waste water and for flushing.

Hope that helps. These are things I wish I had in my house.

Offlinerodfarva

Loc: Sobe
    #323445 - 11/30/09 04:04 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I would grow on the first floor and vent into the basement. Create negative flow in the grow area, and run carbon air cleaners in your basement. Get a house with a big yard, preferably with alot of room on all sides between any neighbors. You should find an area with out many asshole neighbors that will be concerned with your goings on.

I would pick a house that has plenty of room to live and grow, or better yet a grow area that would be inconspicuous enough to have guests not notice or wonder about. perhaps an oddly shaped bedroom facing the rear with one window. Then another area with a place to grow out a seed plant or two.

I think a house with a long driveway, or with an attached garaged is the best bet.
The place should be easy to secure, and should conceal what you bring in or out, or even if you are home.

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

#323448 - 11/30/09 04:07 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Know your neighbors.
Don't tell anyone anything.
Keep it low-key; no huge parties, no large gatherings.
Understand your roommates.
Always have a good backup plan for emergencies.
Watch your electricity bill.
Be careful.
Have fun.:jah:

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

#323453 - 11/30/09 04:23 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:
Any suggestions for a room? Basement - attic? Anything else?

Depends on what size of a grow you are doing. Anything concealable should be placed somewhere neatly and inconspicuously. Larger grows can go in walk-in closets, or attics/basements, and possibly other lockable rooms with proper ventilation. Obviously, you should be using HEPA filters or carbon filters wherever; whenever.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #323728 - 11/30/09 04:07 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Aren't these questions you should ask yourself?

I don't think anyone is qualified to tell you where you should live other than yourself.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Buying a HOUSE - Tips/Suggetions? Things you wish you had known??? [Re: captain.koons]
    #323737 - 11/30/09 04:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm more than qualified to tell him where to live :kingcrankey:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buying a HOUSE - Tips/Suggetions? Things you wish you had known??? [Re: Triptonic]
    #324009 - 11/30/09 07:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Dream house has just one thing that may seem small but is fucking huge. A room with a cement floor with a drain in it. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Buying a HOUSE - Tips/Suggetions? Things you wish you had known??? [Re: Magash]
    #324017 - 11/30/09 07:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Dream house has just one thing that may seem small but is fucking huge. A room with a cement floor with a drain in it. :wink:

QFT and maybe a washer/dryer!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buying a HOUSE - Tips/Suggetions? Things you wish you had known??? [Re: Triptonic]
    #324022 - 11/30/09 07:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm thinking more along the lines of a growroom with a drain in the floor for fuckups, draining the res. You know a sink with water hose size fittings would be nice too.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Buying a HOUSE - Tips/Suggetions? Things you wish you had known??? [Re: Magash]
    #324025 - 11/30/09 08:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yes but if you have a washer and dryer you automatically have water and you automatically have a place to vent smells.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #324045 - 11/30/09 08:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

Going to the garbage dump with a hacksaw and buying some jb weld can put threads on any faucet :wink:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Edited by captain.koons (11/30/09 08:19 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buying a HOUSE - Tips/Suggetions? Things you wish you had known??? [Re: captain.koons]
    #324160 - 11/30/09 09:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yeah that would be great if there was a faucet in the grow room to put it on,

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #324251 - 11/30/09 10:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

true say...

just get a slave to carry jugs of water and it doesn't matter if you have a well 2km away!

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#324262 - 11/30/09 10:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I say stay away from the city. My fucking spot got robbed on thanksgiving night. (at least they didnt get my lights and filters)

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buying a HOUSE - Tips/Suggetions? Things you wish you had known??? [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #325173 - 12/02/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

location, location, location.  That sucks Jeff.  I would suggest you include a good security system in your budget.  Surveillance cameras hidden on the outside of your house as well as strategic places internally.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Buying a HOUSE - Tips/Suggetions? Things you wish you had known??? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #326288 - 12/03/09 07:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well it was the perfect location. It was some punks who thought me and my partner was just college students who most likely was shocked when they broke in. They figured by it being thanksgiving we would be home with our families and wouldn't be around. Which is why I'm guessing nothing went down sooner. They never knew if someone was in the house or when someone would pop up.

But it's the fuckers from across the street. A huge fight broke out at their house a little after I discovered what happen. I'm guessing whoever helped them steal our shit didn't get their cut. They been acting real shady since it happen, and I notice whenever I see them they look down, go in the house and peep out thru the shades. But I'll let em slide a bit like I have no clue. Then I'll retaliate when I'm no longer in the neighborhood. Any suggestions?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buying a HOUSE - Tips/Suggetions? Things you wish you had known??? [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #326305 - 12/03/09 08:09 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I know a really big guy who can swing heavy chains amongst other things really hard.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#326321 - 12/03/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yea I'm thinking about visiting them with Louisville, but not until everything else is out and I'm out of that city. I dont want anymore assault and battery charges, let alone assault with a deadly weapon.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds