Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

No! Don't GO!
    #323371 - 11/30/09 12:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hey guys,

Well I switched to flowering recently and I've been noticing some problems with 1 plant in particular.
My largest haze.

The last one to the left.

I've been noticing general discoloration:

and curling with the upper leaves.

Also, two of the fan leaves look like this:

The one in the first two pics above fell off this morning.

I thought at first it may be a nitrogen deficiency but something tells me it's just going through the initial transition shock from the light switching and nutrient switching. However, do you guys have any other ideas as to what could be going on?

The other plants seem perfectly fine though.

Also, my plants have been drinking WAY less of the nutirent solution, but I think that's also normal because they probably just don't drink as much now that they get 12 hours of darkness.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: No! Don't GO! [Re: TomCollins]
    #323374 - 11/30/09 12:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

the leaf thing looks like a nutrient problem. couldnt tell you what though.

the curling and drooping of the leaves might be lingering heat from the light. is there good air flow through that plant too?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: No! Don't GO! [Re: Pilze]
    #323393 - 11/30/09 01:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That is NOT normal stress from changing your lighting schedule. 

Are these all clones from the same mother plant??  Or seeds??

Looks deficient in my opinion, maybe potassium.  Also maybe some heat stress, is everything in your grow room in reasonable parameters.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: No! Don't GO! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #323394 - 11/30/09 01:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Is that plant even getting much light??  By the picture it doesn't really look like it.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #323427 - 11/30/09 02:11 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

What is your PH?

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#323433 - 11/30/09 02:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Is that plant even getting much light??  By the picture it doesn't really look like it.

it looks like he needs to buy a new reflector for that light...

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

#323467 - 11/30/09 05:07 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I would argue that the curling of leaves is Ph fluctuation, nothing a good flush can't fix

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: No! Don't GO! [Re: NightGrower]
    #323471 - 11/30/09 05:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

PH is in perfectly in check, it's usually in between 5.8-6.3.

I can't believe you guys are questioning my temperatures! :tongue: Do you not see the cooling I have for that light? The temperature range I think is about 19c-26c. Usually it just hovers around 23c and rarely fluctuates to those two extremes.

Light is probably an issue actually. Ever since the scrog and now the cool tube the plant has been getting a little less light. However, with the doors closed in the closet, I think internal reflection is a little better. I may install a cfl or two under the plants for some additional lighting.

These guys are from seeds.

I don't think it's potassium deficient. I use big bud which is loaded with that stuff.

Any other ideas?

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #323474 - 11/30/09 06:13 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Just because there's ventilation doesn't mean temps can't get too high.  Were not there to see the grow room ourselves so it's hard for us to know.

One idea I have is that you may be dealing with nutrient lock out for that plant.  If it's not getting as much light as the others, then it doesn't need as much in the way of nutes as the others.  So while the other plants can tolerate and use the increased nutrients they are receiving, this plant is metabolizing at a slower rate and can't. 

And the big fan leaves your showing me look like potassium deficiency to me.  Just because your putting potassium into your water doesn't mean that the plants are absorbing those nutes.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinemoogles
    #323504 - 11/30/09 09:52 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I noticed something in your first picture. You see the plant's location? Yes, not ideal light. But, I don't think it's the main problem.

My Guess: Possibly that fan/heater is blowing DIRECTLY at that plant, causing transpiration. The leaves are showing that by being curled and droopy as hell.

Hawksapprentice's hypothesis could be just as accurate.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: No! Don't GO! [Re: moogles]
    #323533 - 11/30/09 11:06 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Just because there's ventilation doesn't mean temps can't get too high.  Were not there to see the grow room ourselves so it's hard for us to know.

Oh I didn't mean anything by what I said. I was just being silly. But no, the temps definitely are not hot in the closet. At any point during the day. So that is definitely not the issue.

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:One idea I have is that you may be dealing with nutrient lock out for that plant.  If it's not getting as much light as the others, then it doesn't need as much in the way of nutes as the others.  So while the other plants can tolerate and use the increased nutrients they are receiving, this plant is metabolizing at a slower rate and can't. 

That's a good point man. That could very well be the issue.

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:And the big fan leaves your showing me look like potassium deficiency to me.  Just because your putting potassium into your water doesn't mean that the plants are absorbing those nutes.

How do I fix the problem? CFLs under the plants? Thanks for your input by the way, it's really helpful.

Quote:

moogles said:
I noticed something in your first picture. You see the plant's location? Yes, not ideal light. But, I don't think it's the main problem.

Hawk has a pretty good point but I definitely see your view as well. The plant is getting a little less light because of the scrog and the cooltube, but I can't see how it's not recieving ENOUGH light. :undecided: However, that could indeed be the issue.

Quote:

moogles said:
My Guess: Possibly that fan/heater is blowing DIRECTLY at that plant, causing transpiration. The leaves are showing that by being curled and droopy as hell.

Which one, the white square one? That sucks air in, and blows it out under the plants.

The temps definitely do not get too high. The cool tube is my exhaust. Air is sucked through it and out of the closet. There's no hot air going in.

However, my cooltube is only a recent installment and I think because the top of the plant is sooo much higher than that of the other plants, it was experiencing higher temperatures than the little ones before the cooltube was installed. So the problem earlier could have in fact been heat stress; though I thought leaves tend to curl upwards as a result of heat stress no?

Do you guys rekon the plant could be showing these symptoms and be locking out nutes as a result of previous heat stress?

--------------------
andyistic said:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #323552 - 11/30/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I think its some sort of nute problem. But I'm not sure which one.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: No! Don't GO! [Re: Triptonic]
    #323920 - 11/30/09 06:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Things that cause "Clawing" like that

1.) Ph imbalance
2.) Heat stress
3.) N overload
4.) Not enough room in your containers/root rot

If you can, check out the root system of the affected plant and see if there's an issue there.  I'd also make sure that the plant had adequate room for it's root system as a cramped space may contribute to the problem

Check the temps at the level in which the top of the affected plant was at.  If the temps are abnormally high, do what you can to bring the top of the plant away from the light source to reduce the heat.

Since you're growing hydro I'm sure you keep a steady check on your PH, right?  If not, that would actually be the first place I went to see if it was the issue.

If you've been feeding your plants heavily, cut back on the nutes if you can to give that plant some recovery time.  Might be a little hard to do with your system since all the plants share the same rez, but, it's worth a shot if all else fails.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: No! Don't GO! [Re: coda]
    #324296 - 11/30/09 11:50 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ph is definitely in check. Heat stress may have in fact been the issue a little while ago and it may be still recovering from it. The N overload I'm not too sure, I would think there's less nitrogen overall in the system because I switched the nutes to bloom phase. :shrug:

The root issue is a possibility... though I doubt that because the plants have plenty of space outside the containers to root. I haven't checked out the roots though, I'll be sure to do that.

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineTomCollins

#324322 - 12/01/09 12:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I just checked out the roots. The rooting on the plant in question is visibly smaller than that of the others. In fact, it's extremely small. While the others seem to be stretching out all over the place, the plant in question seems to have stopped rooting a little while ago.

Why is this happening? The plant is able to grow out, so why isn't it? What should I do?

--------------------
andyistic said:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #324332 - 12/01/09 12:42 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It seriously looks like it's getting substantially less light than the other plants.  If it hasn't been getting as much light as the other plants it wont get as big of a root system, I would think.

Do the roots look healthy??  Nice and white??

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#324353 - 12/01/09 01:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I mean they're not pearl white, but they don't look unhealthy at all. There is just very little density. I think you may be right Hawk. I'm going to go and pick up a CFL or two after work today and see if that works.

--------------------
andyistic said:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #324362 - 12/01/09 01:50 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If this is whats going on I think that it may be hard to salvage it.  Because if your going to mess with the nutrients to be able give that plant what it needs, your going to stress the other plants. 

This may sound harsh, but you may need to sacrifice it for the others if it really comes down to it.  Of course get some more light on it, that could help, see where it goes from there.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#324397 - 12/01/09 04:48 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Worse case scenario the extra lights will benefit the other plants. Fucking hell man, the plant was bitchin and all of a sudden boom. I'll be down to two plants if this one doesn't make it. :crying:

--------------------
andyistic said:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #324398 - 12/01/09 04:50 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Did you make clones???

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder