Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

Bitch, you speak when spoken to now.
    #316813 - 11/16/09 06:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hi guys,

Well I thought things were going well for a while, and they sort of were. However, recently my plants have become quite large... and it came to my attention recently as well that cannabis tends to stretch a lot during flowering. Yet again, something that never crossed my mind. Wasn't even sure if they grew at all during flowering to be honest. :tongue:

So bottom line is, it seems that vertical space has become a great issue. I've done tying up before just to control horizontal space, now I'm doing tying down to control vertical. :shrug: My plants must be like:
:dudewtf:

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is, I just wanted to know if it looks alright? Or in other words, does the tying down look ok? Anything I should fix/alter? This won't stress the plants too much will it?

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: Bitch, you speak when spoken to now. [Re: TomCollins]
    #316839 - 11/16/09 06:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Haha. shit man I cannot believe how far your plants have come since I first read about them.

The tieing down looks fine to me.  Um, ya you are going to have to start getting creative with your grow now as far as LST and control goes.

Did you think about installing a horizontal screen frame, perhaps even at a 30 degree angle and using it to have a flat spread out canopy to work them through?

Just to be sure, you understand what tieing them down does right?  It will cause them to pick a different "top" essentially, and that new top is going to be located at the highest point of the bend of the plant and shoot up and grow as primary, thus, Scrog becomes a very effective tweaking tool for the next few weeks as you create an entire screen of "tops".  And then the entire screen will be bud sites that end up being huge buds because of the light location etc.

Good luck with this, you got a monster grow on your hands.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Bitch, you speak when spoken to now. [Re: Azyle00]
    #316858 - 11/16/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I saw you suggested the same thing in my log. No I know what tying down does. I'm trying to delay vertical growth a little.

I have to think about the scrog thing a little more, as I would have to figure out a good way to mount it onto my grower in the closet. Unfortunately, the way I have the thing setup right now, it's almost impossible to access any part of the closet behind the plants.

What I might do, is make a separate pulley system in conjunction to the light and have the scrog made of some weighty sturdy metal. In fact I may just attach it to the same chains the lights are on.

In any case, it's complicated. Though I like the idea and I think I'm going to try and install it some how. I have to go find one first though.

It's kind of later to install it though no?

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #316865 - 11/16/09 06:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Holy balls. I seem to recall that there is some haze in there somewhere too right? Those can easily triple in height during flower.
ScROG may well be your only hope here, or very aggressive LST to bring down the tops of the plants...either way you are going to have a JUNGLE in your room by the time flowering is done.
Time to earn that bud.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
    #316875 - 11/16/09 06:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

No, not at all.  The plants can handle all this training and bending no problem and your not flowering yet and can likely scrog a few weeks into flowering as well.  It will be easier long term for you to control an even canopy of some sort.

Not sure how to install etc as I would need to see it in person to invent a decent plan.

Umm 45 degrees, low at back, high to the front, thread mainline from rear and slowly to front, then left and right based on off shoots, the 45 degree angle though should allow the top to be still the focus of the hormone, so it still grows fastest, but now you are controlling its direction...also will make a very even canopy with lots of bud sites...a little fancy, crazy, but should work.

It is a creative art regardless and will be a work in progress.

A learning process though I am sure.  Next crop you will certainly need to scrog properly and premeditated if using that strain and similar conditions.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder