Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Just had a thought
    #315038 - 11/13/09 05:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I was sitting here at my brothers house working on my fish tanks and he mentioned he was going on vacation soon and wanted me to watch his dog.

My plants are located about 30 min away from his house. I leave my house(the plants) and goto school on the other side of town, right next to his house.

It sux because I have to be at my house to water the plants and his house to feed my fish.

Then I kind of thought of hydroponics.

Since with soil you need to water every other day if not every day.

With hydro could it be feasible to actually just go away for a week with no harm done?

I mean its always got water right?

Anyways that's what I was thinking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: Just had a thought [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #315043 - 11/13/09 05:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeap. In theory, I could leave my system be for about a week and the plants would be perfectly fine, and still growing. You wanna make sure your PH is pretty stable though. You also might want to move your light a little further away than normal if your using an HID.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just had a thought [Re: TomCollins]
    #315082 - 11/13/09 10:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

For my first grow I used a hydro set up with a bed of hydroton.  I used a timer that fed the plants 2x a day for 30 minutes at a time.  I grew them in my closet and I had to leave for over a week for xmas last year.  I had everything on timers.  I even thought about putting my laptop in there and getting software that would let me access the webcam pointed at the plants, but didn't.  ANYway, I had the closet door closed all that time and the young plants did just fine!  It can easily be done.  what spency says about the hid's and ph is right (and paramount!), while you're gone its probably better to have it too far away rather than too close and the tops all burn up while youre gone.  Good luck!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just had a thought [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #315162 - 11/13/09 01:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

How big are the containers that your using for soil?  A general rule is the larger your container, the less frequent your going to have water.  I used to use 5 gal. bucket for my plants in soil, recently I have switched recently to something similar to this 

http://www.amazon.com/Newell-Rubbermaid-Roughneck-Gallon-2212CPDIM/dp/B0014CVDA4/ref=pd_sim_hg_

I grow 2 plants in each tub, works great.  Bigger root system give me more bud, as well as I don't have to water nearly as often.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineAKSE

Re: Just had a thought [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #315185 - 11/13/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Every other day?  That's pretty often.  With a 5gal bucket you can easily go 3-4 days without watering.  And as far as pot size goes for soil growing, bigger is better.  Takes more soil to fill them though.:yesnod:

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Re: Just had a thought [Re: AKSE]
    #315213 - 11/13/09 04:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I use these.

http://www.parksideorchids.com/images/Supplies/pots%20green.jpg
the one in the back.

Last time I used a 5 gallon bucket and the plants where bigger than me.

I wanted to keep it smaller and I figured less roots was the way to go.

They work out fine. Just constant watering. They get about 2 quarts a day and 1 quart the next.
Eventually they get dry and I do a gallon flush.

They work don't get me wrong. Lets me spend more time with the plants. But I figured someday I might want to take a vacation or something.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck