Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineVincent
Stranger
topic for last college term final essay
    #310518 - 11/05/09 07:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Today in America are economy is the worst it’s been in a long time. And I propose that if we were to legalize Marijuana not only would are economy change for the better but the number of arrests would drop. 25% of the U.S. population is in prison, and we spend $68 billion per year on corrections, and one-third of those being corrected are serving time for non violent drug crimes. We spend $150 billion on policing and courts, and 47.5% of all arrests are Marijuana related (Jim Webb parade Magazine). Most of that money could have been spent on better schools or infrastructure. Marijuana is the largest cash crop in California, the annual revenue approaching $14billion. A 10% pot tax would yield $1.4 billion in California alone. And imagine the jobs in agriculture, packaging, marketing, and advertising (Klein ).
And obviously there are those who will argue that legalizing vices is debilitating (Stateman). But realize that while they think this is heresy people are abusing many other legal substances with much greater health risks, Such as McDonalds, Cigarettes, and Alcohol. And while legalizing may increase health risks anything that’s abused in large quantity becomes bad for you. Many doctors who vote no tend to vote no based on the belief that most who vote yes aren’t doing it because of the medical benefits but for the ability to get stoned legally. This may be true for some but the medical benefits and the economical benefits tend to outweigh that philosophy.
Medical application of marijuana for treatment of the sickness that occurs with chemotherapy and radiation therapy ( Ger de Zwaan). One of the most notable medical conditions marijuana tends cure is Glaucoma in both animal and human cases the THC drastically reduces  eye ball pressure without the bad side effects  some glaucoma medications tend to have. Another benefit Marijuana has it reduces the pain M.S. patients often feel on a daily basis by supporting the pain medication itself and giving it an overall longer effect.
In my opinion based on the research I have done thus far, Marijuana will definitely be a topic of high discussion. And if people were to put there negative views aside and give it a chance to benefit the economy and bring us out of this recession and let people who need its medicinal benefits be then if it fails ill vote to ban it once more.

--------------------
"Let It Be"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: topic for last college term final essay [Re: Vincent]
    #310529 - 11/05/09 07:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Jesus.  Four words in and you're gonna fail. 

Im sorry to nitpick but i can pick out grammatical, spelling errors and word usage errors in jjuuuustt about every sentence.  When you start a sentence with a number you need to spell it out. 

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineVincent
Stranger
Re: topic for last college term final essay [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #310533 - 11/05/09 07:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yo i know i couldnt fine my final i typed that last year in enlgish 111 that was my rough draft thesis actual paper i made 95 on. But it was 9 pages long and i think i deleted off my pc.

--------------------
"Let It Be"

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery
Re: topic for last college term final essay [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #310615 - 11/05/09 07:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Jesus.  Four words in and you're gonna fail. 

Im sorry to nitpick but i can pick out grammatical, spelling errors and word usage errors in jjuuuustt about every sentence.  When you start a sentence with a number you need to spell it out. 

hahaha i caught that too

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: topic for last college term final essay [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #310628 - 11/05/09 08:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

come on vincent dont make us virginians look dumb

:hillbilly:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: topic for last college term final essay [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #310642 - 11/05/09 08:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

welcome to the growery btw!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains