Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBudmanman

Built an aero cloner and I can not get it to stop leeking!
    #308793 - 11/03/09 12:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ok so its been leeking for almost 4 days since I took clones.

I even re did the bottom peace of weather stripping.

I followed the shroomery instructions but there quite now in explaining how to built it ??!!

http://www.growery.org/3037/Make-your-own-Aeroponic-Cloner

so when doing the weather stripping I put it on the upper part of the lid around the edges like a big oval. And put the lid on and it seemed floppy.

So I also put a ring around the tub itself to. It feels like it sets nice and flat now but it slowly drips from random parts of the lid and it adds up to about a gallon a day.

HOW DO U FIX THIS PROBLEM?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Built an aero cloner and I can not get it to stop leeking! [Re: Budmanman]
    #308832 - 11/03/09 01:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That's kind of hard to answer with out pictures, you can use more weather stripping to try and create a better seal. 

Get us some pictures of it so we can get a better idea of what were dealing with.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Built an aero cloner and I can not get it to stop leeking! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #308874 - 11/03/09 07:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Not hard to answer at all!

@ Budmanman: Weather stripping can work, but it's really not the best way to water seal something - especially if it's a fixture or something like this. My recommendation would be to install a drain valve at the bottom and fill valve near the top, and then to seal the whole thing up with silicon. I know it's a pain to have to go out and buy 2 valves, and drill some holes, and do silicon work but really if your looking for a leak proof system, sealing the thing up with silicon is your best option. It isn't an expensive endeavor either - a PVC ball valve would work very well and a small tube of universal silicon would be fine. If you don't have your own silicon gun, I would think most plumbing supply outlets would carry something of this nature - one of those small ready to go canisters.

Also remember, that this does not make your system unserviceable. It is not very difficult to cut and remove silicon with a razor. Resealing is no problem either. It's worth the extra effort IMO.

Otherwise, keep taping it up until it stops leaking. :tongue:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlineazshroomer
Medical Marijuana Cultivator

Loc: Nor-Cal
Re: Built an aero cloner and I can not get it to stop leeking! [Re: TomCollins]
    #309177 - 11/03/09 02:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I just updated it with more tips.

Remove the weather stripping and then lower or raise the sprayer assembly height.

The leaks come from the srayers shooting water directly into the lids edges.

Also, run straigth tap water in your cloner. No nutes. Those come during veg.

--------------------
Check out my Grow The Growery teks!
:gethigh: Building Your Grow Room:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Cloner:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Veg System:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own True Grow Room:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Flower System (COMING SOON):gethigh:

OfflineBudmanman

Re: Built an aero cloner and I can not get it to stop leeking! [Re: azshroomer]
    #309220 - 11/03/09 05:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

shit straight tap water? I have been useing 250 ppm fox farm hydro nutes.

And how do I know if i need to raise or lower it? And it currently has had clones in it since the night of the 29th last month so a good 4 days and only 1 clone has some root nubs the rest show no signs.

Is this because of the nutes? You claim to get roots in 3 days HUGE ROots at that!.

Or were you exagerating?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #309227 - 11/03/09 05:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The original tek says to use water, and doesn't mention nutes.
In general, you don't use nutes while making clones...the only thing you need is rooting powder.

You're not getting roots in the timeframe he stated for a couple reasons:
1)The nutes
2)If the cloner is leaking, its clearly not functioning properly...therefore you're not getting a root system.

So, lower the pump/PVC setup and re-test to see if you're getting the leak still, use fresh water, and then let's see if you don't get some results.

I'm sure you're not, but the insinuation in the last two sentences is that AZShroomer is deliberately misleading the community, I would think that you would want his help with this issue, but insulting him is definitely not the way to get it.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineBudmanman

Re: Built an aero cloner and I can not get it to stop leeking! [Re: 81renaissance]
    #309234 - 11/03/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

he has about a 5 words to go with every picture is all. I mean just look at the tech it says you need masking tape. I bought the tape but it never tells you what to even do with it.

So I did not even use it.

I mean I am not just dissing. Its fact.

OfflineBudmanman

#309236 - 11/03/09 05:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I am assuming I need to lower it and not raise it. I am worried though that if I lower it to much that the sprays wont reach. but they are definutly spraying directly at were the weather stripping meets.

and the reason why I added nutes was someone on here a wile ago when I first made it told me I should use a seedling strength nutes and so I used half of what fox farm recomended for seedinling.

Edited by Budmanman (11/03/09 05:41 PM)

OfflineBudmanman

#309238 - 11/03/09 05:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/302245#302245

Here is the post were I was told to use nutes.

And also I asked if the rooting powder would just rince off.

And I used the powder, and shure enough in the aero cloner it rinsed off instantly.

So what do I do to make the powder stay on better?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #309244 - 11/03/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

a gel would have an easier time of sticking to a clone then powder.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Built an aero cloner and I can not get it to stop leeking! [Re: coda]
    #309250 - 11/03/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
a gel would have an easier time of sticking to a clone then powder.

yeah that.

Please try to organize your thoughts into a single post rather than multiple back to back posts.
It just looks so frenetic; I know you're freaked out here, but when put in perspective, this isn't a life-changing ordeal.

Just experiment with the cloner some, the concept AZShroomer sets forward is a good one, you just need to find what works for YOU.
And since none of us are there with ya, we don't know what's going on with the actual build of your project.

I think that's the best advice: tinker with it, use logic, and fix it...there's no substitute for personal ingenuity.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlineazshroomer

Re: Built an aero cloner and I can not get it to stop leeking! [Re: 81renaissance]
    #309252 - 11/03/09 05:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The tape is to be used for making your measurements on the lid and without leaving permanent marks. Im sorry, Noone tipped me off that I forgot to put that part in my write up! :smile:

And yes, straight tap water PH balanced to 5.8-6.0

--------------------

OfflineBudmanman

Re: Built an aero cloner and I can not get it to stop leeking! [Re: azshroomer]
    #309517 - 11/03/09 10:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OK i lowered the sprayers and it still leeked so then I removed the weather stripping from the bottom part you know the tub itself so that weather stripping was still on the lid.

And it still slowly drips but I think that that made it drip less.

It seems also that no matter how much you lower it it is going to spray rite on the edge no matter what. the sprays spray in almost every direction you know fuck I want this thing to stop soaking my floor.!

OfflineBudmanman

#309519 - 11/03/09 10:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ok I just clamped the handle things down and it slowed the leeking down a bit more. only a drop every few mins now instead of seconds.

So I am starting to think I should use thinner weather stripping and clamp it down so that way it doesnt try to flex?

I mean weather stripping comes in all different thicknesses and widths.

You should specify what kind to use in your tech cause it seems to be pretty important to.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #309522 - 11/03/09 10:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

budmanman: I'm serious-please organize your thoughts into single posts.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineBudmanman

#309554 - 11/03/09 11:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok so to make this thing not leek here is what you do PPL to anyone who builds one and wants their security deposit back!

Red represents double layer.

Blue represents single layer of weather stripping.

Then clamp the hendles down and I seem to have 0 leekage now!

Well see how it does overnight I suppose as a final test!

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Built an aero cloner and I can not get it to stop leaking! [Re: 81renaissance]
    #309559 - 11/03/09 11:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The problem is just because some writes a DIY doesn't mean it's gonna work exactly the same for you as it did for them. If anyone tried building a setup like stinkbuds in the hightimes issue about 2-3 months back. You would have found that there are some discrepancies. Me and my partner worked through them, made adjustments where needed ands indeed improved on all three setups. My point is if you are freaking out this early in the process I'm waiting for your posts in about 6-9 weeks when all types of shit starts to go wrong. Just work through them a learn from previous experiences and crops. It's all about trial and error. Hell I lost power to half my house about 2months back.And that's including the power that controls the light for the flower room. And with 56-72 budding females there no time for calling an electrician if you catch my drift. I'm still working through it because I have perpetual harvest and it's gonna be a couple more months before I can get another house, shutdown and move operation to new location, call an electrician, and start everything back up at the first house.
In this hobby be ready for MANY road blocks and speed bumps. Take some deep and remember there's always someone here to help. Oh yea mine leaks as well, but a simple solution to keep water off the floor is to put the cloner inside a larger bin to catch the drips, check water level and ph daily. Problem solved!

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Offlineazshroomer

Re: Built an aero cloner and I can not get it to stop leaking! [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #309590 - 11/04/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I now dont use any weather stripping.
And I also use stinkbuds designs for veg and flower.

--------------------

OfflineBudmanman

Re: Built an aero cloner and I can not get it to stop leaking! [Re: azshroomer]
    #309602 - 11/04/09 01:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

what what did you use isntead of weather stripping? You should update your tech cause if any one follows it there gonna run into this problem.

A drop or 2 still sneak out every 30 minutes with mine it seems.

and who is stink buds? were is this info?

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Built an aero cloner and I can not get it to stop leaking! [Re: azshroomer]
    #309604 - 11/04/09 01:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

And I also use stinkbuds designs for veg and flower.

Me too when building the flower unit following the outline I think I was off some tees and a few pieces while building the stand. Which wasn't a problem just a minor fix, where some may have freaked out and thought the world was ending.(not directed towards anyone) just a general statement.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale