Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Automatic Sex
    #306946 - 10/30/09 02:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

With my Auto Blueberry X Auto AK47 strain I am growing, we are exactly 3 weeks since time of sprout and I honestly believe they are pre-flowering and showing sex.  Maybe for 24 hours now.  The ones I believe are males are developing the notorious pollen sacks and the Females are showing the double silk strands, pistils I think they are called.

PICS:

First, the suspected MALE:

Drew arrows to point at pollen sacks

And the suspected female:

Drew arrows pointing at the female parts

Can I get some input on my conclusions?  I just have a hard time believing they are only 3 weeks from seed and pre-flowering already with only 4 nodes grown...but these autoflowering plants are kinda strange I have been told.

Questions:

1) Am I right?

2) How long do I have before I need to kill the males?

3) Any links on a guide for gathering pollen for later use as I want to pollinate one or two nodes on my females and make seeds seeing as they are such a quick plant.

They are supposed to be 56 days flowering->harvest.

Also if I am righgt, I nailed 5 females, 3 males and 2 never sprouted out of 10 seeds...not too shabby.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Automatic Sex [Re: Azyle00]
    #306949 - 10/30/09 02:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yes, they are called pistils.  yes that is an out of focused male.  yes you need to kill that thing a few days ago.  or separate it from the females unless youre looking for your females to be full of seeds as opposed to controlling the pollen and the number of seeds you want.  yes that is a female.  good luck!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: Automatic Sex [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #306951 - 10/30/09 02:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I needed to kill it a few days ago?  So I am running out of time?  I am isolating them now to a different part of my house.  I don't plan to keep the males, I want the pollen though to impregnate the females as I choose.

Are the prime for me to kill and collect the pollen? 

I am researching this of course but any advice you have...I will take.

--------------------

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Current Grow Journal

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #306952 - 10/30/09 02:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

if you want the pollen just keep them under the lights as normal until the end.  yeah, look up some teks on pollen collection.  you can post the links here and we can let you know what we think.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: Automatic Sex [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #306956 - 10/30/09 03:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What I am thinking to do is move them under the lights in my kitchen grow where I do the seedlings.  However I know the pollen can travel through the home and get into the grow closet upstairs and still pollinate them so I am quite nervous about this process.

However, I want the experience with pollen and seeds, so willing to take some risks.

I did read somewhere about shaking the plants over plastic ziploc baggy to collect the white stuff, but I assumed they had to open up before I can do that and that at that time, having them even in the same building as the females is dangerous.  If this is true, I do not see how I can do this without building an isolation chamber for them that is totally sealed.

Anyhow, I shall keep reading.

--------------------

Current Grow Journal

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

#307210 - 10/30/09 11:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Decided the risk is too great since I do not have any proper isolation grow area.  3 males dead and garbarated.

Thanks for confirming.

--------------------

Current Grow Journal

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#307602 - 10/31/09 10:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

nice that is what a mature grower does with garbage.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds