Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShadow420
Stranger

First Grow, Various Problems, Setup Issues, Need Advice(lots of pics)
    #296209 - 10/12/09 10:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Alright i got a whole lot of issues with my grow and AFOAF just aint giving me the advice and guidance i need so i have come here for help, i learned about this site through the shroomery and i have helped many others on the shroomery :smile:

i got stuck with a bunch of plants that were all recovered from AFOAFs beautiful but tragic grow, we were throwing them into garbage bags in an insane hurry, some of the bigger ones that were just startin buds i ripped em out of their pots trying not to rip the roots too bad but they were still kinda hurtin afterwards, these all sat in a garbage bag for a day and a half maybe 2 whole days before i could put something together and find a decent light and try to rescue them, the big ones were really wilted and hurtin but i put em into pots anyways and tried my luck, they couldnt even really hold their own weight i kinda propped em up on the side to help em stand up, and they bounced back :smile: i also salvaged a whole bunch of beer cups with nice size clones and a bunch of clones in cubes that i put into new beer cups that same day i built a box and its meaurements are 3ftx3ftx3ft and i got a 400watt MH to put on top, put duct tape over most of the cracks and painted the inside white, i put em in and they went straight on a 12/12 budding cycle, i really dont know how long they have been budding for...

heres most of them...

i guess ill do this list...

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
ALL Clones

2. How old are your plants?
I have no idea, the big ones have been in there about a month now and they had little buds to start...theres lots of red hairs but the buds arent very big...thats one of my main questions is how much longer for them...

3. How tall are your plants?
range form 2inch to 2.5ft

4. What size containers are they planted in?
various....4 different sizes i could take a pic of each if its important...

5. What is your soil mix?
some type pro mix/black earth/perlite

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
i water/feed probably 2 times a week

7. What is the pH of your water?
i dont know

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
these, they come highly recommended by AFOAF and i use 2ml per 2l of water...

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
no

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
400watt MH

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
too close/various

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
3ftx3ftx3ft

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
temps are between 70-85

14. What is the pH of the soil?
i dont know

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
lots been dealing with them

16. How much experience do you have growing?
first grow...

all right, all right i know what ur thinkin but i have been reading here(ive read the whole FAQ and let me tell ya its nuthin compared to the shroomery...)so give me a little break...i know its too hot and i know i dont have sufficient air exchange...so anyways here is the start of the leaf burn...

and here is one of the worst ones now, i just want to confirm its from the heat...

i have had little fruit flys roaming around but they seem to be gone now..after i had been catching them with the sticky tape there is very few left

and now i found this spider web(today) on one of the hurtin ones...

in this little closet the walls are mostly soid cement and there is bigger spiders in there it was real dirty and full of spiders when i started on it, i painted the walls and floor  right over all the dirty cement, just did it real quick with primer...and put plastic up on the roof to try and keep the spiders and crap out, so its unclear whether or not this is from little ones or one big one...

so here is the top of the box there is just a hole cut for the light with some supplies... just so you can get an idea of how big it is and the setup, there is a 1ft peice on the front that i put on a hinge so it can flip up and i can reach in and do whatever i need to do i could take a pic if thats an issue...it leaks a little light and that may be a problem because the lamp for the mommy is always on 24 hr and it may leak a little in when its supposed to be dark...

heres the big ones a couple weeks ago when they were startin to burn..

and here they are now about a month in there, i really dont know the number of weeks but roughly a month

this is what i set up for a mommy so i can try to take my own clones
basically what i did was  take my desk lamp and threw a CFL in there one of the "swirly cfl" ones im sure u know what im talkin about :p and then pointed it at the best lookin clone... it was a solid stem with a few nice lookin branches  to start and looked like it would grow out well i could take a pic of the stem system if your interested... plus it had a full cube rather than a half cube like all the others so from what i gathered it was meant to be a mommy... the shelf its sitting on used to be a martha... i chopped it in half ans just threw a peice of drywall on there to make a shelf..

from what ive read on here about LST i decided to try out the "pinch and twist" method so you can make them grow at the same height to try and make a plant with 4 main colas instead of one and its been kinda workin out for me...check it out

now... i dont know when to harvest the big ones... there is lots of red hairs and trichomes i guess im just hoping for an outburst of new white hairs and bigger buds... heres some close ups... be sure to zoom cause i do have a nice camera....

what do ya think they are very pretty and smelly, i know they are a juicy fruit cross with 2 different strains, i think its skunk and northern lights but not completely sure...

and this is just a very beautiful shot of a beer cup showing its first pistils that i thought somebody would appreciate...

so i guess i just need someone to talk to about it... some real advice on setup... i know this aint hackin it....its staring to get cold around here and the ground is gonna freeze soon and i think its gonna make that room colder due to the ground being frozen outside and the cement walls... so the box may be ok but maybe not....should i get rid of the box and light up the room and forget about a mommy if i can buy clones..maybe its worth it... maybe i should make my own clones though, but bud them right away SOG style and try to make sure they dont get as big as the ones i tried to salvage by keeping them in small cups like some of the ones i have.. lots of confusion here... the whole closet is about 8 ft high, maybe 7 ft wide and only 3 ft deep from the door....

hoping to find a new freind here, maybe a familiar name from the shroomery, help a brother out...

i also did a 5 pound batch of cannabutter in the slow cooker the other day and have been cookin all kinds of shit tonight i may post some pics of my treats when im done... if interested :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Loc: Pacific NW
Re: First Grow, Various Problems, Setup Issues, Need Advice(lots of pics) [Re: Shadow420]
    #296247 - 10/12/09 11:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

looks like they weren't in a vegitative state long enouhg. grow 2 of mine, was 6 clones 2 seeds. plants were 2-3' in height, but they were all almost 20" when i started to flower them.

tbh, you're better off finding some crappy bag-seed or since you said you can get clones get new clones, and start over. the light isn't bad, for vegitative growth phase (16-8 up to 24-0)(hours on-off)
i would get some yellowish curly q cfl's or something to get some more artificial sunlight like light in there.

for coldness, you may want a space heater.

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: First Grow, Various Problems, Setup Issues, Need Advice(lots of pics) [Re: helmet]
    #296250 - 10/12/09 11:55 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You need to check your pH. You can buy little test strips from walmart or home garden center.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder