Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Minor issue...
    #223105 - 05/05/09 11:54 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys I haven't been around here since I harvested last year...
Anyways I only have 1 seedling and trying to germ. some more seeds but I don't have any!!!

Here's the problem. I don't have a cam anymore, it shit the bag.  So i'll describe as best I can.

My seedling is about 6 days old, it is on par with where it should be, if not better. But as I woke up today and checked on it, I noticed that the first single lamina leaves have a small blotchy brownish spot on the tips of both those leaves, about 10% up the tip at most. The new 3-lamina leaves look fine if not a little wrinkled... It almost looks like they got burned by the lights... I suspect this because until yesterday they were about 1 inch from my 30w cfl, and when I awoke today it was nearly touching the bulb, and this bulb DOES put off some heat... Im pretty sure that's the problem but if anyone has any other ideas please let me know...

2nd - they were in transparent cups... I know stupid noob move but I had no choice at the time of germination. I'll correct that today and maybe the roots being exposed had an effect as well...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Minor issue... [Re: Inverted]
    #223771 - 05/07/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

A slight burn is nothing to worry about, they will recover. As for the roots, unless they turn green, they are doing fine. Try spray painting the outside of the cups or taping some thick paper around them to block light.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom