Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejellyfish

Frost
    #291118 - 10/03/09 12:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My friend has a plant in his backyard that is almost finished but it's getting damn cold outside. Can he just cut it down when the first frost comes or should it be cut down before then? Will the plant like wither and die when it frosts? Will the buds be compromised? Should he just cut it down now, most of the hairs are red. Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Frost [Re: jellyfish]
    #291171 - 10/03/09 02:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have had many go thru a light first frost without any major problems. If it is not completely finished then if small enough put a bucket over it. Also can be tied over so your plant is closer to the ground. The taller the plant, the harder it gets hit with frost. If possible build a small plastic green house around it. Something removable. Cover it at night and uncover during the day

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#291311 - 10/03/09 07:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well-established plants can easily withstand a light frost.  i would consider "light" to mean down to a couple degrees below freezing.  lower than that, and you start to run the risk of damaging/killing the plant.

the cold temps will usually give you some nice purple colors too.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineAKSE

Re: Frost [Re: Yrat]
    #291362 - 10/03/09 08:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

They can usually handle a few nights of below freezing temperatures with no problem. however you might find the plant to be stunted for a bit there after.

Offlinejellyfish

Re: Frost [Re: AKSE]
    #292625 - 10/05/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's a nice looking plant. Do you happen to know what kind of insect that is? My friends plant is covered with those.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#292783 - 10/06/09 05:12 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

it's a leaf hopper.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder