Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFranky_York
pictures for you
    #123752 - 09/18/08 04:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

For my first post I thought a few photos were in order. Nothing too spectacular...  Hope they meet with your approval. If this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it.

Photos from several weeks ago..

Photos from today.

Photos along a hi-way in the central plains. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: pictures for you (moved) [Re: Franky_York]
    #123757 - 09/18/08 04:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
Going to move this over to the forum specifically for sharing kick-ass pictures. Welcome to the Growery!

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: pictures for you (moved) [Re: Sirius]
    #123760 - 09/18/08 04:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for sharing man, that is absolutely gorgeous stuff. Beautiful landscape too, must be a pleasure to toke up while enjoying that terrain. :bigweed:

By the way, a user here has an avatar of that same exact kind of bug hanging out on a pot leaf. :jah:

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#123788 - 09/18/08 06:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

are those all ditch-weed trees?

was that today's harvest??  those look incredibly frosted. look delicious. any chance at a closeup?

check out my pic from a few years ago, same exact leaf-hopper, ha!

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: pictures for you (moved) [Re: Yrat]
    #123790 - 09/18/08 06:27 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

:eek:

I think we should make that bug the Growery sponsor, it even looks psychedelic.... Any chance you happen to know the name of the little stoner? :grin:

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#123792 - 09/18/08 06:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Graphocephala coccinea is a meadow- and woodland-dwelling species of brightly-colored leafhopper native to North America.

Common names for the speces include Candy-striped Leafhopper, Red-banded Leafhopper, Scarlet-and-green Leafhopper and Red-and-blue Leafhopper (plus numerous spelling, hypenation, capitalization and other variations thereof).

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Offlineeternitys_child
Male

#123901 - 09/19/08 12:44 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

LOL everyone's pictures got owned by that bug

Nice pix man, there's a lot there!

--------------------
saltatory said:

pharmacology is amazing stuff.

OfflineFranky_York

Re: pictures for you (moved) [Re: Yrat]
    #123965 - 09/19/08 10:35 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

That little leaf hopper is awesome, it looks to be in the same position even!!! So what, they like to hang out one or two leaf sets down and just look at the flowers?

The last three photos are indeed ditch weed, and no, they were not harvested... although admittedly I did give that a try when I was a teenager. It didn't work out too well but nevertheless it looked really cool to have a trunk full of bud haahaa. That landscape is nice, although big sky country can feel a bit oppressive. I live to the east of that location by 150 miles where ditch weed is thankfully less common, otherwise outdoor growing would be a bit of a problem... nobody wants the ditch weed genetics making there way to cloned plants or good seed stock.

The plant that was harvested is a mango strain. I didn't even plan to grow this year however a clone was given to me around June 20th, so this thing was in the ground a relatively short time. I'm not sure what the yield is.... and hate to think about what the yield could have been with an earlier start and slightly better siting with regard to sunlight. There is always next year.... HEY!!! Maybe by then it will be legal and I can plant it next to my tomatoes and squash!!! Right? haahaa. :rolleyes:

I didn't take a close up on harvest day due to being embarrassed by an oversight. I traveled out of town for several days, upon return the plant was just a little overripe and not as pretty as I would have liked. I'm used to growing strains that mature much much later in the season like late October or even early November -- Halloween harvests have been a common practice in years past.

One more pic that shows total.

Edited by Franky_York (09/19/08 10:50 AM)

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#123973 - 09/19/08 11:33 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

looks awesome, overripe or not.  thanks for sharing the pics!

make sure you stick around and plan for next year.

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflineAlan Rockefeller

Re: pictures for you [Re: Franky_York]
    #124229 - 09/20/08 02:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Those are some awesome ditchweed pics, would you please take some more of those?

Maybe if you use f8 you can get some mushrooms in the shot too      : )

OfflineFranky_York

Re: pictures for you [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #124475 - 09/21/08 12:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I really should have taken more time to capture higher quality images of the ditchweed, unfortunately those fields are about 150 miles away so I probably won't be able to take more photos from that particular area. If i spot any closer to home I'll definitely get some shots.

Central to western Kansas and eastern Nebraska are the two regions in where I've seen more wild cannabis than anywhere. Around Omaha NE you see fields like that just outside the more densely populated urban areas.

Here are a few more photos from past years. These were taken with a terrible little 3MP camera.

Garden/harvest shots.

And ditchweed.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract