Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBratcat
Interested Obssesive
Female

Loc: south of there
Eggs With Legs
    #284020 - 09/21/09 05:39 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hi All.  Ive been looking around for info on these, at first I thought they were eggs but on closer inspection I noticed the little legs on them, at the same time I  noticed the ants. Could the "eggs" be some sort of larvae? If not anyone know what they are? I can't seem to find much info on these I don't want to use any kind soap solution as I don't want my baby to taste like soap. This is my first grow, and thrilled that I got this far.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Eggs With Legs [Re: Bratcat]
    #284067 - 09/21/09 06:44 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Aphids drink the plant juices and what they shit out the ants like. The ants actually use the aphids like cattle. The ants actually put the aphids there and collect what they shit out.

Discovery channel finally paid off. :happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Eggs With Legs [Re: Magash]
    #284119 - 09/21/09 07:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

What is your definition of Aphids? I'm helping build up the glossary and I think this should go thur

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

Re: Eggs With Legs [Re: mhbound]
    #284416 - 09/21/09 11:50 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Aphids are small plant-eating insects. They feed on sap and phloem, somewhat intravenously, and are prey to a multitude of larger insects. Depending on the type of aphid, they could be disastrous. Many carry viruses that are susceptible to plants; sometimes it can kill the plant.

Usually, they are harmless and just "graze", looking for more sap. Ants are often nearby, moving them to areas where the aphids might produce more food, since ants eat the byproducts of aphids. It's very much like the relationship between man and cow.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Eggs With Legs [Re: meatcakeman]
    #284418 - 09/21/09 11:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Nice thanks.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineBratcat
Interested Obssesive
Female

Re: Eggs With Legs [Re: mhbound]
    #284789 - 09/22/09 04:44 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Nice work! Any idea how to get rid of them without  ruining my developing buds?

Thanks

--------------------

OfflineBratcat
Interested Obssesive
Female

interesting info [Re: Bratcat]
    #284800 - 09/22/09 05:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Aphids those pesky house plant and landscape pests are sometimes called plant lice. You’ll find them on the tender new growth or on the undersides of leaves. They are equipped with piercing/sucking mouth parts where they ingest fluids from new tender growth and stems.

Size wise the aphid is tiny about 1/8 of an inch and oval in shape. They may be green, pink, brown, white, black, yellow, red or gray in color. Aphids are commonly found on young, developing leaves and stems in clusters or colonies. Their feeding distorts the new growth and they sometimes cause leaves to curl.

Aphids live and work in colonies and are generally easy to control. Insecticidal soap, will kill them on contact. You may need to repeat applications three times to be sure to kill the eggs as they hatch. Because aphid eggs are air-born, keep an eye out for more, you may need to re-apply.

If one of the commercial soaps is not available, try 3-4 tablespoons of liquid dishwashing soap per gallon of water and apply as a foliar spray to your plant. Soap is effective in managing aphids, safe for people and the environment so is Neem Oil which I’ve found to be very effective in controlling aphids.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Eggs With Legs [Re: Magash]
    #285472 - 09/23/09 09:24 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Aphids drink the plant juices and what they shit out the ants like. The ants actually use the aphids like cattle. The ants actually put the aphids there and collect what they shit out.

Discovery channel finally paid off. :happyweed:

wow, i had read that the ants harvested them but I never really knew what that meant.  Interesting tidbit.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Eggs With Legs [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #285605 - 09/24/09 12:23 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yea buy a pet praying mantis. And chain him to your plant with thread. He will have to eat them to survive. ha ha ha haha

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

Re: Eggs With Legs [Re: Bratcat]
    #285669 - 09/24/09 08:55 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bratcat said:
Nice work! Any idea how to get rid of them without  ruining my developing buds?

Thanks

Cure to aphids?

Ladybugs.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Re: Eggs With Legs [Re: meatcakeman]
    #289815 - 10/01/09 01:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Lady bugs or the trusted Neem oil. Those bugs also look like they could be thrips. After a single spraying with neem oil, water, and a very small amount of biodegradeable dish soap for an emulsifier all thrips were gone on my plants. It does take a few days for them to fully get the effects of the neem though. Neem oil only harms the bad garden bugs, and doesn't have an effect on good garden predators like ladybugs

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder