Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

questionaire filled out before question.
    #227016 - 05/16/09 06:51 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Both 2c 4s
2. How old are your plants?no clue on clones, had em for 2 days, and the seeds are just begining to show there sex.
3. How tall are your plants?11 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 8 inch pots
5. What is your soil mix? ACe potting soil mixed with a little steer manure and coco couir for the seeds. Same for clones no couir.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?Water when dry at surface with aerated filtered water.
7. What is the pH of your water???? Good question
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?Happy frog 5-5-5
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?BIO NEEM the first time today. Otherwise just little water now and again.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? 3 cfl daylight 26 w'ers and a 30 watt corallife 10,000 k
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 1 inch --1&1/2 inch
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?6Lx2wx3H
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space??????
14. What is the pH of the soil??????????
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Yes gnats and some little orange bugs that i treated with BIONEEM one time.
16. How much experience do you have growing?Only outdoor but years of that

Question is. Have you heard of bioneem?? Anygood? ? ? ALso do you know any better ideas for the specifics. I got fly traps that dangle and did the neem thing but could use some help. Thanks

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAKSE

Re: questionaire filled out before question. [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #227063 - 05/16/09 08:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

The small orange bugs might be spider mites which the bioneem might be effective against.  The flies are probably fungus gnats, and are generally not harmful.  However in extreme cases the larvae that the flies lay in the soil may feed on the root ends.  To get rid of fungus gnats put about 2" of sand over the top of your soil so the flies can't lay eggs, and the larvae cannot breath.

Also, how early did you start using fertilizer?  You should also be watering when the whole pot is 80% dry.  Water your plant and feel the weight.  Then let it dry out almost all the way and feel the weight again.  That will give you a good idea of when to water.  Even though the soil at the top of the pot may feel dry, the rest of the soil underneath is still heavily saturated with water.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: questionaire filled out before question. [Re: AKSE]
    #227081 - 05/16/09 10:04 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I sarted them in late april i think. And i did the first fertalizer as a top dressing May 1st. When im watering should i totally saturate the plant, and leave it to dry for a few days. Or just water it little bits daily?Also what about watering through the sand, is it problematic or no? ? And finally any good links to indoor pest pics? ?

Thanx Ero

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

OfflineAKSE

#227107 - 05/16/09 11:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You should have small pans under your pots to keep water from leeking onto the floor.  Don't water a little every day.  It's good to water a plant so that all the soil is saturated and water starts coming out the bottom of the pot.  Then let the soil dry out 80-90% and then rewater.  This usually takes 2-4 days depending on your humidity and temperatures.  Watering through the sand is nothing to worry about, just make sure your sand is nice and clean and that there is a good 1-2" atleast covering the top.

As far as pest identification, here is a helpful link.

http://www.jasons-indoor-guide-to-organic-and-hydroponics-gardening.com/indoor-garden-pests.html

And for pest control, here is another.

http://www.jasons-indoor-guide-to-organic-and-hydroponics-gardening.com/natural-pest-control.html

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#227119 - 05/16/09 11:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you soo much. Ill be shopping tomorrow. Ive seen perlite used to cover soil, but never sand, seems great though. Also thanks for the watering heads up.Ill also be updating that.What about my fertilizer usage? I was planning on going every 30 days with the
5-5-5, as a top dressing. Any advice? Thanks again...

--------------------

OfflineAKSE

#227127 - 05/17/09 12:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You should mix the perlite into the soil so it's mixed together.  You need to put the sand as a 1-2" layer on top of the soil to deter fungus gnats.  If you live near the ocean you can use beach sand as long as you thoroughly clean it beforehand.  As far as your fertilizer, It depends on the brand/strength of your fertilizer.  5-5-5 is a fairly mild fertilizer, I would say that you could use it every 2 weeks without any harm.  However, I would follow the guidelines on the bottle.  A good fertilizer is Alaskan Fish Emulsion fertilizer, they have both a vegative growth fertilizer, and a bloom fertilizer and are all Organic/Natural! (if you're into that:thumbup:).  However there are many great fertilizers out there, just stay away from Miracle Grow.  Keep in mind that Nitrogren and Potassium are more important for Vegative growth (something like 5-5-0)  While Phosphorous and Potassium are important for the flowering growth (0-5-5).  Those are just example ratios, so you know;)

By the way, what do you mean by top dressing?  Are you sprinkling the top of the soil with the fertilizer?  Some fertlizers call for this, but personally I think mixing fertilizer with your water when it is time to water is a better route.  Just mix it with your water at the correct ratio (usually 1tsp or 1TBSP per gallon) when it's time to water, and keep it atleast 2 weeks between feeding.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#227147 - 05/17/09 08:13 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Cool thanks alot, ill try the fertilizer technique. The reason i was mixing it in the soil was the info on the bag about the stuff. ITs a granule not a liquid, and im not sure about a water mix. It calls for a ton of the shit per treatment and i find myself cutting the increments in half,  because im being a baby about it. I just dont wanna fuck up anything. I've seen the ALASKA brand stuff, and ill check it out, and thanks for the advi. on the ratios(or examples)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag