Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Just some rough estimates...
    #284884 - 09/22/09 08:42 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

1. In a 5x5 space how many plants could fit?

2. How long does it take from seedling till dried?

3. Each plant produces?

1. 10 plants?

2. 6 months?

3. 2 ounces?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just some rough estimates... [Re: pftek]
    #284886 - 09/22/09 08:50 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Noooooooooo way to answer this. What strain, what style of growing, hydro or soil? Way to open of a question.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #284889 - 09/22/09 08:55 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

These first 3 questions all have varible answers. Depending on circumstances, conditions, strains, etc, etc. The last 3 questions i am not sure what you're asking?

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

#284910 - 09/22/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:

3. Each plant produces?

1. 10 plants?

2. 6 months?

3. 2 ounces?

1. Yes, you can fit 10 plants in that grow area as a SOG setup. What's the height, though?

2. ~10 weeks - 6 months depending on how big you want your plants. Flowering is usually 7-11 weeks depending on strain.

3. 2 ounces per plant? That's kind of small if you plan on growing them for 6 months. But sure, you could produce that.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: Just some rough estimates... [Re: meatcakeman]
    #284921 - 09/22/09 09:32 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

pftek said:

3. Each plant produces?

1. 10 plants?

2. 6 months?

3. 2 ounces?

1. Yes, you can fit 10 plants in that grow area as a SOG setup. What's the height, though?

2. ~10 weeks - 6 months depending on how big you want your plants. Flowering is usually 7-11 weeks depending on strain.

3. 2 ounces per plant? That's kind of small if you plan on growing them for 6 months. But sure, you could produce that.

2. Wait, it's possible to do this in 10 weeks?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #284923 - 09/22/09 09:34 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Depends on how you do your sog. 10 plants is cool if your doing the veg time thing. When going straight from cloning to flowering with no veg time the numbers are higher.

This was 64 per each 4x4 area

Its a real wide open question.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male

#284927 - 09/22/09 09:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

pftek said:

3. Each plant produces?

1. 10 plants?

2. 6 months?

3. 2 ounces?

Yes, if it's 12/12 from seed/clone to harvest. Your yield will be questionable. Also, if you have a fast flowering plant, you could do a ~2 weeks vegetative stage, then switch to flowering.

Your plants won't be monsters but, if you grow 'em right, you will haver a decent harvest.

What you should do first is figure out what you want. Are you focused on weight production or quality smoke? Are you focused on fast harvest or large harvest?

Do a bit more research before you start. Plan it out head-to-toe, or seed-to-harvest.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: Just some rough estimates... [Re: Magash]
    #284928 - 09/22/09 09:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Depends on how you do your sog. 10 plants is cool if your doing the veg time thing. When going straight from cloning to flowering with no veg time the numbers are higher.

This was 64 per each 4x4 area

Its a real wide open question.

Holy crap that's amazing. I have no firm basis on anything about marijuana. I once put some seeds on a moist napkin and they sprouted. That's as far as I have gotten.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #284930 - 09/22/09 09:44 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well if your planing on having mother plants then you'll be harvesting every two months. If it's a one time run about 3 months. (I'm using a 8 week flowering strain as a example)

or divide the area in half and harvest every 4 weeks. :flyhigh:

--------------------

Offlinepftek
Stranger

#284931 - 09/22/09 09:45 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

pftek said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

pftek said:

3. Each plant produces?

1. 10 plants?

2. 6 months?

3. 2 ounces?

Yes, if it's 12/12 from seed/clone to harvest. Your yield will be questionable. Also, if you have a fast flowering plant, you could do a ~2 weeks vegetative stage, then switch to flowering.

Your plants won't be monsters but, if you grow 'em right, you will haver a decent harvest.

What you should do first is figure out what you want. Are you focused on weight production or quality smoke? Are you focused on fast harvest or large harvest?

Do a bit more research before you start. Plan it out head-to-toe, or seed-to-harvest.

Interested in mostly weight of decent stuff. Faster grow time if possible. Where do you recommend I start? Looking for the most up-to-date material.

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: Just some rough estimates... [Re: Magash]
    #284935 - 09/22/09 09:48 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Well if your planing on having mother plants then you'll be harvesting every two months. If it's a one time run about 3 months. (I'm using a 8 week flowering strain as a example)

or divide the area in half and harvest every 4 weeks. :flyhigh:

On a 3 month cycle (the way you do it) - what's the output like by weight, roughly? How high do they get on average?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #284943 - 09/22/09 10:01 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Depends on strain really. The more sativa in them the taller they get. What is done in the pic I put up is a separate mother plant that gives cuttings and as soon as they are rooted put into flowering. Harvest with that method is every 8 weeks.

From seed or to do larger plants they need veg time and depending on how much veg time they need will tell ya how much time is tacked on to that every 8 weeks flowering time. (Unless you have a separate area to veg them in)

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male

#284959 - 09/22/09 10:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:

Interested in mostly weight of decent stuff. Faster grow time if possible. Where do you recommend I start? Looking for the most up-to-date material.

You could follow Magash's SOG grow, incorporated with a perpetual harvest method.

Then, you could harvest every week or every other week; instead of waiting 8 weeks. This would cut the grow time substantially; although your initial harvest will take 8 weeks.

You can do this by, first, having a mother. Make clones off of her habitually; every Friday or something. Root clones. Once rooted, put them into flowering in an SOG format. Then you will have a harvest every week after your first harvest. Never-ending budsticles, FTW.

Keep in mind, the more clones you use, the larger the harvest per week.

:stoner:

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #285090 - 09/23/09 01:16 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Weekly harvests seem like a hassle to me. So many different plants in different stages of growth to care for. 2 - 4 week harvests sounds better to me.

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male

Re: Just some rough estimates... [Re: Ojom]
    #285091 - 09/23/09 01:33 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It's really all based upon your preferences.

It's not that hard to maintain a perpetual, weekly harvest. It might be time consuming, but it's definitely just labor-intensive and not that difficult.

EDIT: Plus, I use a program on my computer that tracks everything about my grow, daily. The program is called GrowBase51. You just input pH, nutrients, blah blah blah, etc. and it tracks your progress for you so you know exactly what is going on in your garden.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Edited by meatcakeman (09/23/09 01:34 AM)

Offlinepftek
Stranger

#285137 - 09/23/09 10:57 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

pftek said:

You could follow Magash's SOG grow, incorporated with a perpetual harvest method.

Then, you could harvest every week or every other week; instead of waiting 8 weeks. This would cut the grow time substantially; although your initial harvest will take 8 weeks.

You can do this by, first, having a mother. Make clones off of her habitually; every Friday or something. Root clones. Once rooted, put them into flowering in an SOG format. Then you will have a harvest every week after your first harvest. Never-ending budsticles, FTW.

Keep in mind, the more clones you use, the larger the harvest per week.

:stoner:

Where is this grow of his? I did a search with his name and could not find it. I'm looking for basically a full how-to from start to finish of a good modern way of doing things. I think I'm going to go with soil and SOG method looks pretty good.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds