Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: CFL's [Re: ASEgrower]
    #282010 - 09/17/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ASEgrower said:
I will start vegging under the CFL now though, and save for the other.

:thumbup: Right On!

:grin:

:peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #282052 - 09/17/09 07:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well you can get the 150watt pretty close to the plants as long as you have a good cooling set up for the space being grown in. Which your gonna need anyway so that the plants get the air exchange they need anyway.

Old, well put it this way when I was in school the killerest green you can find (and it was killer) was $25.00 a 1/8th and we would moan and bitch how much it costs and how we would never pay more then 25. Then came the 30 dollar prices, then 40, then up to $65 for a while then it went back down to 35 to 45 a 1/8th where it has pretty much stuck at.

Quote:

Ben18, I agree, and think that I will.  I will start vegging under the CFL now though, and save for the other.

Just so you know it never stops. You get the new light and get the killer results. Then it's what if I increase the airflow. You make the changes and yield goes up a little more. Then it's what if I go hydro, and you do and get a better yeild. Then it's What if I increase the light and you get a little more and it just keeps going.

What I'm saying be careful. Once bitten by the growing bug it don't wanna let go. :crazymonkey:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: CFL's [Re: Magash]
    #282057 - 09/17/09 07:44 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

speaking of which, magash would you mind dropping a line over here? http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/281948

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #282086 - 09/17/09 08:52 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ASEgrower said:
Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

OK, I have a 2x2 growspace in a closet.  Ventilation is extremely limited, heat will be a problem.  Thats why people use CFLs.  Would I like to use 2KW of HPS?  Yeah, but its not possible right now, nor affordable. 

Well duh, What you do is get the right Wattage light for the space. You can't be so stupid to think I meant a 1000 in a small space. For any space there is a HID that can fit it and do the job way better. I'm sorry you cfl guys get so butthurt but do a little research. 250watts of cfl light is hotter then 250 of HID cause less of the energy is being made into light, What that means is a 150watt HID would have done the job better then the 250watt cfl.

You have to stop locking in on the wattages. 200watts of cfl may work for a space but when thinking of HIDs you have to erase that 200wattage thing. A 100watt or acutally less then that will put out more light then the cfl and have batter penitration to the bottoms of the plants.

You can buy a complete 150watt HID system for 80 bucks. The 200watt cfl bulb alone is more then 60 bucks.

Now I'm not trying to rain on anybodys parade but arn't I suppose to point out better ways of doing things I kind of thought that is why we are here. Want to pay more for lesser results be my guests. To somebody just starting, crack open a book and look up the different bulbs or go to the hydro store and they will (or should) be more then happy to fire up some lights for ya and you can see for yourself before making the decision.

First off, I dont think calling people stupid is really required to answer a question, you will just derail the thread worse than it already is.  I didnt say that you implied to use a 1000w light in a 2x2, please show me where I said that, I will apologize immediately.

To further this, put your money where you mouth is.  Post a link to a complete 150W HID for 80 bucks.  If you can that would be great, cause i would buy it in a heartbeat.  I havent found one for that price.

Pointing out there are better ways is fine, but dont recommend a corvette to someone who is in the market for a chevette.

ETA:  the cheapest I can find a 150w HPS is 100 bucks shipped to my door.  And that still doesnt include the extra money I will have to spend on a better cooling system for the light, as it is intended for a smaller space. 

http://www.hidhut.com/catalog/sun-system-light-kits-c-25_107.html

On that page is a 77 dollar 150watt light.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: CFL's [Re: Stoneth]
    #282090 - 09/17/09 08:59 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Good find stoney that place has some good prices on their light kits. Man if a 250watt cfl bulb alone goes for 99.95 it has to be over 110 at most other sites.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #282095 - 09/17/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I do a lot of business with these guys too.

Orders usually arrive a day early.

Hell last year I brought my 400 watt digital from them with shipping under 200 bucks.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #282099 - 09/17/09 09:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I may use them myself. I'm in the market for 8 1000watt digital ballasts. I'm gonna call em and see if they have prices on bulk buys. (Although 8 really isn't a bulk buy)

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #282105 - 09/17/09 09:16 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Damn it man, sounds like buld to me, but then again I'm a poor fuck.:rofl:

Well time to plant 10 babies, so y'all have a good evening.

--------------------

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #282167 - 09/17/09 11:41 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Oops, cancel that, was looking at the wrong thing on hidhut's page.

Edited by Ojom (09/17/09 11:47 PM)

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: CFL's [Re: Ojom]
    #282334 - 09/18/09 06:42 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I ran a CFL grow back when I was just starting to grow, it definitly got the job done, but as people have said you wont get the same results as you would with higher watt systems.

OfflineASEgrower
Stranger

Re: CFL's [Re: Lucid]
    #282372 - 09/18/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Lets vary this slightly.  I called around looking for a 150w HPS.  One of the places was trying to talk me into a t5 fluoro setup.  its a 4 bulb 4ft setup.  What are the thoughts on a setup like this.  This was recommended over a 150w HPS.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #282382 - 09/18/09 11:08 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

ive heard good things about T5 flouros but ive never used it myself.....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #282493 - 09/18/09 01:58 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ASEgrower said:
Lets vary this slightly.  I called around looking for a 150w HPS.  One of the places was trying to talk me into a t5 fluoro setup.  its a 4 bulb 4ft setup.  What are the thoughts on a setup like this.  This was recommended over a 150w HPS.

I have used them.

Don't recommend them tho.

Yields were way smaller them days you get what I'm saying here.

CFL's do a better job honestly over tubes.

But I use MH/HPS when I grow.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #282506 - 09/18/09 02:42 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well ya got me on that one. I've done the cfl grow thing and we all know what I think of them but I had heard good things on the T5s though. I've never used them or even seen those fired up so I'm glad I saw Stoney.69s post on em esp if he has used em before. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #282509 - 09/18/09 02:50 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The plants tend to get long and thin really.

The last time I used them I had three finished at about two foot tall, got like 20 grams a plant.

I'm watching these LED's tho, they look real good right now except the price.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #282575 - 09/18/09 05:46 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

stoney.69 said:

The last time I used them I had three finished at about two foot tall, got like 20 grams a plant.

yuck!  Yeah, i wouldn't mind trying LED's either.  I want to see more from them though.  The led growlogs around here are great for that.  ASE, when the salesman recommended t5's over the hid did he mention the price?  Was it any cheaper?  I've never used them so I would refer you to stoneys opinion.  long thin plants don't sound too appealing to me.  You know that wont happen with the good ol' HID system.  You can grow a small forest with the HIDs.  :lol:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #282661 - 09/18/09 08:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

stoney.69 said:

These(AK47 x Diesel auto flower ) are 27 days old and 7 inches tall. My 1st grow under T5's. I don't like the heat but light does penetrate better.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: CFL's [Re: KaptKid]
    #282687 - 09/18/09 10:02 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Kapt I don't know if you have access to clones but if you do ditch the auto flower strains. Get some cuttings and flower them a few days after bringing them home. They should be around 6 inches tall or so. Flower them right away and wala

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #282698 - 09/18/09 10:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Kapt I don't know if you have access to clones but if you do ditch the auto flower strains. Get some cuttings and flower them a few days after bringing them home. They should be around 6 inches tall or so. Flower them right away and wala

:thumbup:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineASEgrower
Stranger

Re: CFL's [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #282709 - 09/18/09 11:29 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

stoney.69 said:

yuck!  Yeah, i wouldn't mind trying LED's either.  I want to see more from them though.  The led growlogs around here are great for that.  ASE, when the salesman recommended t5's over the hid did he mention the price?  Was it any cheaper?  I've never used them so I would refer you to stoneys opinion.  long thin plants don't sound too appealing to me.  You know that wont happen with the good ol' HID system.  You can grow a small forest with the HIDs.  :lol:

Well thats the thing, it didnt seem like a great deal to me.  He said that he had a 150W HPS Sun systems setup with the hood ballast bulb and all for like 90 and some change.  Then he tried to sell me on the T5s.  He was very upfront about what was being grown and said that the t5s would give a higher yield.  For a 4 bulb 4 ft (4x4) he wanted 139, thats with the bulbs.  Here is the link to his website:

http://www.ugrowindoors.com/

I ended up talking to another place in my part of the country, lets say within driving distance and they have the same 150w hps sun systems light for 87 dollars.  I think that i am going to pick one of those up.  My plan originally was to go with a scrog.  I still think for my limited garden space its the best bet.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom