Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr. Alien
Stranger

Re: Lind k5 xl1000 vs DS XTE 400 from Advanced Led Lights. [Re: Kush_Zombie]
    #803715 - 01/21/16 10:19 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Kush_Zombie said:
Just some quick advice though...that may be obvious for some but not for others.

IF you do decide to go with a MH and HPS bulb make sure to get a good ballast.

The last thing you want is to get some cheap setup like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/250w-HPS-MH-Grow-Light-Kit-Dimmable-Digital-Ballast-27x18-Adjust-Wing-Reflector-/381429074832?hash=item58cef1cb90&rmvSB=true

Galaxy is a good brand, they're the one I'll probably be going with. And remember how I said something earlier in my first post about having a ballast that switches wats? Make sure you have the right ballast for the right light.
Do not try to stick a 1000W light bulb in a 600W ballast.

Again, this is probably obvious but I'd hate to have your next post be about how you caught your apartment on fire...if we had the chance to hear about it.

http://supercloset.com/product-category/grow-rooms/ I will buy a whole kit of that website. They have everything high quality, the carbon filters and everything really.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

Re: Lind k5 xl1000 vs DS XTE 400 from Advanced Led Lights. [Re: Mr. Alien]
    #803718 - 01/21/16 10:24 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

:lol: That's why you're supposed to expel the air OUT of the room in the first place. You don't need an exhaust in the room your tent is in normally because it exhausts through your tent. You just need a source of fresh air coming into that room.

OfflineMr. Alien
Stranger

#803719 - 01/21/16 10:25 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Also this, please help me to understand it cause it giving me headaches.

Quote:

Mr. Alien said:
So I don't need an exhaust fan in the room?

Let me get this straight. I will grow in a tent that will be inside the room.

The tent will have a passive air in hole and an exhaust fan with a carbon filter attach. That exhaust fan will expel all the used/stale air out into the ROOM. Then how the room will expel that used air out of the room? Will I also need to have a exhaust fan in the room for doing that? And a Inline fan for injecting new air into the room? And then how the air condition will cool with all the Air exchange happening?

I just don't get it.

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

Re: Lind k5 xl1000 vs DS XTE 400 from Advanced Led Lights. [Re: Scribbler]
    #803720 - 01/21/16 10:26 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Scribbler said:
:lol: That's why you're supposed to expel the air OUT of the room in the first place. You don't need an exhaust in the room your tent is in normally because it exhausts through your tent. You just need a source of fresh air coming into that room.

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger

#803721 - 01/21/16 10:28 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

No.

Okay check it out

LIGHT -> (DUCT HOSE1) -> [CARBON FILTER] -> INLINE FAN -> (DUCT HOSE2) ->

You have DUCT HOSE1 to give you a little distance from your LIGHT and the CARBON FILTER. you don't want the CARBON FILTER touching* the LIGHT.
The INLINE FAN (which is in your tent) will connect to DUCT HOSE2.
DUCT HOSE2 is going to be long enough to stretch out of a hole in your tent up into a hole in the ceiling of your room. The air will run from the LIGHT, into DUCT HOSE1, into the CARBON FILTER to filter out the smell, into the INLINE FAN, and then through DUCT HOSE2 into the ceiling of your room. It will go into that attic space and that air will be disposed of.

Meanwhile, you will have another fan (just a regular good fan, not an  inline fan) blowing air from your room into the tent.

EDIT: You do want DUCT HOSE1 close to your light, you just don't want it touching the light.

Edited by Kush_Zombie (01/21/16 10:29 AM)

OfflineMr. Alien
Stranger

#803722 - 01/21/16 10:29 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Scribbler said:

Isn't some A/C's have like double hose? 1 for injecting fresh air and another one to exhaust hot stale air out? That would be like better than using a air conditioner than only cool the air inside without air exchanging any air at all.

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#803723 - 01/21/16 10:32 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Alien said:
Quote:

Scribbler said:

Isn't some A/C's have like double hose? 1 for injecting fresh air and another one to exhaust hot stale air out? That would be like better than using a air conditioner than only cool the air inside without air exchanging any air at all.

I have no idea. If they do that would be a good option but you might have to make 2 holes in the wall then  :willynilly:

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger

#803725 - 01/21/16 10:36 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

And just so we're clear, DUCT HOSE1 connects to the LIGHT like this

OfflineMr. Alien
Stranger

#803726 - 01/21/16 10:47 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Kush_Zombie said:
And just so we're clear, DUCT HOSE1 connects to the LIGHT like this

That's why i want LED lighting, i don't like octopuses in my grow tent. You don't need to have all that hoses inside the tent from what I understand.

Quote:

Scribbler said:
I have no idea. If they do that would be a good option but you might have to make 2 holes in the wall then  :willynilly:

I think they do Air exchange. But it will be enough?

"Dual Hose Air Conditioning Units
Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
The other type of portable air conditioning unit is the dual hose unit. This model has a couple of intakes and one outtake hose. Through the intake, air is drawn into the unit where it is cooled and then sent back into the area. The machine heats up through the process and an intake hose pulls air from outside the home to cool the air conditioner down.
A second hose sends all of the warmed air outside of the home. With this efficient exchange of air, the dual hose system doesn’t have to work nearly as hard as the single hose option.
For larger spaces, the dual hose A/C unit is a better choice.
The dual hose machine eliminates the negative air pressure problem, but also costs a bit more.
This air conditioner operates more quickly than the other and also requires more electricity.
Compare BTU and EER ratings, as well as manufacturing quality to determine which of the models are most appropriate for your setting."
Quote:

Scribbler said:

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#803727 - 01/21/16 10:54 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

That might solve your temperature and air ventilation problem at the same time I think. Is it a AC/Dehumidifier? I'm still a noob so I'm not sure if that would be enough, but it's better than nothing!

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#803728 - 01/21/16 10:55 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I would definitely wait to buy something like that though until someone more knowledgeable chimes in.

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger

#803729 - 01/21/16 10:57 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Alien said:
That's why i want LED lighting, i don't like octopuses in my grow tent. You don't need to have all that hoses inside the tent from what I understand.

:justno:

It's literally one hose...except for DUCT HOSE1 which is like a 4 inch piece of duct...That's like 10 minutes to set up

OfflineMr. Alien
Stranger

#803730 - 01/21/16 11:07 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Kush_Zombie said:
Quote:

Mr. Alien said:

:justno:

It's literally one hose...except for DUCT HOSE1 which is like a 4 inch piece of duct...That's like 10 minutes to set up

Yeah man but with the temp problems and if the double hose portable air conditioner may solve my problems of air exchange but maybe it won't cool like I would have wanted so LED light may be what I need.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #803731 - 01/21/16 11:21 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Kush_Zombie said:
Nah man.

Get a portable air conditioner, no hole needed.
You only need one hole for the duct hose going out from the inline fan.

You'll have a regular fan blowing in fresh air (from the room) into the bottom of the tent.
You'll have your inline fan blowing from the top of your tent into a duct hose that leads to I'm guessing the ceiling.
You'll have the air conditioner blowing when needed to keep the ideal temperature.

No intake fan is needed.
The inline exhaust fan will pull fresh air in the intake passively.
The AC can just go in the room with the tent not in the tent.
So the tent only needs two holes, one for exhaust, which should go outside the room the tent is in at least.  And a intake hole for fresh air to enter the tent, this can come from the room the tent is in, tho personally I'd want fresh air from outside.  The cool air in the room would be fine.
But that exhaust needs to get away from that tent period.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger

Re: Lind k5 xl1000 vs DS XTE 400 from Advanced Led Lights. [Re: Stoneth]
    #803734 - 01/21/16 11:26 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

Kush_Zombie said:
Nah man.

Get a portable air conditioner, no hole needed.
You only need one hole for the duct hose going out from the inline fan.

You'll have a regular fan blowing in fresh air (from the room) into the bottom of the tent.
You'll have your inline fan blowing from the top of your tent into a duct hose that leads to I'm guessing the ceiling.
You'll have the air conditioner blowing when needed to keep the ideal temperature.

No intake fan is needed.
The inline exhaust fan will pull fresh air in the intake passively.
The AC can just go in the room with the tent not in the tent.
So the tent only needs two holes, one for exhaust, which should go outside the room the tent is in at least.  And a intake hole for fresh air to enter the tent, this can come from the room the tent is in, tho personally I'd want fresh air from outside.  The cool air in the room would be fine.
But that exhaust needs to get away from that tent period.

Yeah but the intake fan would make the ventilation that much better. That wind circulating around the plants makes em strong and helps discourage mold.
I guess you don't HAVE to have it but it just makes sense to me to have one.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #803738 - 01/21/16 11:33 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Not really.
As for air circulation inside the tent we recommend ocasulating fan or fans in the room with plants.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger

Re: Lind k5 xl1000 vs DS XTE 400 from Advanced Led Lights. [Re: Stoneth]
    #803739 - 01/21/16 11:35 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Oh that makes sense. So you'd still want an osculating fan then?
With the tent open a bit or the intake air and the inline blowing out or the exhaust?

OfflineMr. Alien
Stranger

#803741 - 01/21/16 11:38 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

So having a inlet fan to provide fresh air to the ROOM (not tent, tent have its own passive inlet and active exhaust fan) is really the only hole I need in the room and the air conditioner hole. That inlet fan of the room, how much time should be on? It should be injecting fresh air continuously or with a timer?

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger

#803743 - 01/21/16 11:42 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I'm turning my fans off when the lights go off.

I'll probably have them hooked up to a temperature control such as this one in case it gets too hot at night.

http://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Itc-308-Temperature-Controller-Thermostat/dp/B011296704/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1453401623&sr=8-3&keywords=temperature+control

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger

#803744 - 01/21/16 11:44 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Although that one does one plugin for heating and one for cooling.
You'd probably want one like this so you could turn on both fans.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01486LZ50

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds