Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePFA
the guy with the thing
Male User Gallery

Loc: this is...Magyarorszag!!!
FOAF @ day 30
    #277571 - 09/09/09 02:27 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

a FOAF:
1. started with bubblegum clone
2. that is now 33 days into flowering
3. and is about 6ft tall
4. its in a big big pot. he forgot how big, but its big
5. he filled it with humous top soil and  gro rox
6. he waters daily, about 6 -7 liters with no(or MINIMAL) spillage from the base with disstilled water
7. he doesnt really know the ph of the water...
8. he uses advanced nutes but they dont have their NPK ratio on the bottle he uses about 2CCs/MLs of bloom and about 3MLs of enzymes
9. he doesnt believe in foliar feeding...
10. and uses a 600w hps
11. he keeps his plants close to the light cuz he has a cooltube and he thinks hes the man- however he is doubting the coolness of the cooltube
12. hes growing in a closet about 1m2...
13. his highest temp is currently 30C (theres CO2 in there too) lowest about 18C..
14. the soils PH is at 6.8-7
15. he has no insects in his space
16. and this is his first indoor grow...

his question is after EXTENSIVE TYING the plant is massive it looks like 6 plants it has TINY buds a MILLION budsites but tiny buds, hes at about day 33 with a sativa pheno of a 9 week strain...he also has tiger stripes at the top leaves closest to the lamp and stems that are purpling however this maybe due to recent temperature drops he doesnt know... any help? any consolation telling him the buds will get bigger?

pic:

Edited by PFA (09/10/09 07:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKine

Re: FOAF @ day 30 [Re: PFA]
    #277595 - 09/09/09 08:21 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

How is he getting the ph of the soil... but not the water?
Also, if he's keeping em close to the light; he NEEDS to know how well that tubes doing... and if you cant tell how hot it is; you've got issues.  Your hand makes a PERFECT temp gauge for plants... to hot for your hand; to hot for your plants.
And tell your FOAF; its only half way!  I understand its your first grow... but thats why its a grow!  Your buds will grow!  They start as one hair; and blossum from there... give it time they will burst...

Oh, and pics would help!

OfflinePFA
the guy with the thing
Male User Gallery

Re: FOAF @ day 30 [Re: Kine]
    #277599 - 09/09/09 08:56 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

thanks bro...

his meter doesnt work for water works for soil...he can keep he can touch the tube without burning his hand but not leave it there for prolonged time...he has pretty good exp with outdoor and by comparrison his outdoor have ALOT more bud and still alot longer to go-thats why hes concerned...hes going to provide me with a foto of the indoor to post up here in a bit

--------------------
"apparently u cant do shit"

OfflineKine

#278406 - 09/10/09 02:50 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well, i'd work on getting the tube a little cooler.  My FOAF had a 400w with a DIY cool tube that you could lick and it wouldnt be hot.  But im curious as to what type of ph meter that is... Even just the $5 PH strips or phenolphthalein are great for soil, and water. 

But by that pic; i have no idea what the problem is!  But yea, should be WAY better then that... that has zero fan leaves even almost...

I'd try and drop max temp a little; deff look better into your advanced nutes, cause that seems a little to general.  Should have like a chart or something to go off of. And use better soil mix; Fox Farm Ocean with Perlite, and verm is the ubarness...

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #278573 - 09/10/09 08:34 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:rofl2:
that is one sad ass lookin plant.

id give up and start over....the plant is extremely stressed and probably not worth trying to save.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: FOAF @ day 30 [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #278635 - 09/10/09 10:39 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Every strain has a limit to how much it can produce.  Sure you can force your plant to have a million bud sites, but this just means you may end up with a million tiny buds.  Some plants don't even respond well to FIM'ing, topping, tying, etc and this may be the case as well.  I'm not too familiar off hand about the bubblegum strain, but it would be worth some time to look into how well it responds to his bushing it out.

Using a 600 watt light the tops of your plants shouldn't be touching the light.  Not only does this reduce the efficiency of your light, it will burn the living shit out of your buds and leaves.  IMO your buddy should either raise the lights, or trim the plant, to be about 12 inches between the top of the main cola and the bottom of the cooltube. 

From the looks of the plant it seems as it's not getting the light it needs and is stretched to all hell.  Nothing you can do to fix that, once it's stretched it's stretched for good.

Watering every day in a soil grow is a bad, evil practice.  Not only does this present possible problems such as root rot, you run the risk of literally drowning your plants.  Every plant needs time to dry out and utilize the nutes you've fed it.  On the nutrient tip, not knowing the strength of your NPK ratio is careless and should be avoided.  How can you perfect the art of growing without knowing what you've fed and how much?  I find it hard to believe AN doesn't mark their bottles with an NPK ratio, it has to be there somewhere, and if it's not that's a dick move on their part.  Of course, if what he's feeding them doesn't contain any N P or K that would also explain why there's no ratio listed.

Tell your friend to start paying more attention to his plants environment and feedings, then he'll be able to avoid producing sad looking plants like this in the future.  Good luck.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #278643 - 09/10/09 10:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

OfflinePFA
the guy with the thing
Male User Gallery

Re: FOAF @ day 30 [Re: coda]
    #278759 - 09/11/09 05:50 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"Every strain has a limit to how much it can produce.  Sure you can force your plant to have a million bud sites, but this just means you may end up with a million tiny buds..."

thanx bro probably the best thing to tell my guy i dont think this is a problem he thought COULD happen making it TOO big...

thanx all

FIN

--------------------

OfflinePFA
the guy with the thing
Male User Gallery

#279256 - 09/12/09 12:50 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

well i dunno what happened in the past couple days but jus got over from my buddies house- he moved the plant out of the closet it was in and it seems to be doing its thing in its new home... according to him it began filling out the next day...really he had 2m big plant in a 1m2 place...will post final harvest pix...also adding N

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #279320 - 09/12/09 03:23 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

well, if the plant is receiving more light then it had been in the old home that would definitely explain the pickup in growth.  I'd watch the N feedings during the flowering phase, they really don't need too much N.  I'd focus more on upping the P and K it receives as those are the important nutrients during the flowering phase.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder