Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletsollost
Master of Mopery

lol wtf
    #257012 - 07/29/09 02:56 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

any of you have friends that are into conspiracy theory bullshit?

--------------------
GUNGA GALUNGA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: lol wtf [Re: tsollost]
    #257015 - 07/29/09 03:29 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, I do...

My friend's friend believes that the government kidnaps random people and puts them into window-less, feature-less, all-white rooms where they are questioned and "tortured" until they speak. Speak about what? I have no clue, it stupid anyway...

How ridiculous right?

But, I was kinda on the fence with the whole 1969 Moon Landing conspiracy theory as I watched a documentary trying to de-bunk it. Then I realized that it happened during the Cold War/Space Race with Russia, and I thought "If the US faked it, and the Russia found out, we would be f**king sc**wed!".
If they found it was not real, their could have been war, and the US would not risk such an outcome with world-power Russia.
Also, the fact that the shuttle actually launched and they're were thousands of ground eye-witnesses who saw the shuttle lift-off. "Oh, that rocket just orbited the Earth, the faked landed was broadcasted, then they landed in the ocean." I call bull-shit!

It sucks that conspiracy theories exists: it means that people don't trust their government. And that is an unsettling thought.

The US has treated me well (except cops)
~ LogicaL Chaos ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (07/29/09 03:30 AM)

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: lol wtf [Re: tsollost]
    #257031 - 07/29/09 07:15 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I don't like to use that term because it is in fact bullshit

try this video out

this is part 1 of 13 its long but a great watch.

after that
KYMATICA

its has 9 parts

Edited by Ben18 (07/29/09 07:15 AM)

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: lol wtf [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #257165 - 07/29/09 02:03 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

So how would not going to the moon start the war with Russia?
Our government needs to appear on top of everything, to maintain super power status. We certainly could not let the Russian be first to the moon. I mean shit they were already the first to launch sputnik into orbit. Some conspiracy theories i think have some validity to them. I still am on the fence over the moon landing really happened or if it was just a ploy to stay on top? Of course if people find out their will be repercussions but our government seems to have gotten pretty good at covering up their lies. Do you believe this war in iraq was re ignited because of 911? The fricken telaban bin ladin attacked us, not hussain! Ironically television news programs and documentaries all started talking about peak full shortly after the war restarted with bush Jr. Really interesting how the telban attacked us and then we end up in Iraq which happens to be one of the oil rich countries of the world. A country we desperately need to control in order to supply our own nation.
HAHAHA, here i go again! Conspiracy theories are fun to think about and i wonder how many times i set off big brother's wire tap with all the words i used in this post?

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineAudz

Re: lol wtf [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #257262 - 07/29/09 04:07 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The problem with the moon landing conspiracy is that you can actually see the shit we left on the moon in satellite images.

Bigger Link

And as far as I'm concerned, there's a special place in hell for 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

Edited by Audz (07/29/09 04:08 PM)

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: lol wtf [Re: Audz]
    #257268 - 07/29/09 04:16 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

but that's the cool thing about conspiracies. Pictures or no pictures, this alone is not convincing to me. We may have been to the moon with satellites and other instruments. But did people really go there? Considering we were still testing monkey's in orbit at the time of russia's sputnik. Satellite images are not proof enough. Mars satellite images could and have produced photos indicating someones been there too, but has there?

P.s. Audz, i am not trying to argue, I just have a very vivid imagination

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineAudz

#257282 - 07/29/09 04:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

But that's exactly where most conspiracy theories fall apart, the burden of proof shifts towards the CT and they just keep pointing to inconsistencies as proof of their own theories truth. Not directing this at you or anyone in particular, but it seems that most conspiracy theories require completely discrediting the overwhelming majority of evidence on grounds that the evidence presented by the CT would not pass itself. Again, not directed at anyone, I've just dealt with so many fucking 9/11 truthers that it makes my piss boil when I hear the word conspiracy anymore.

Also, Buzz Aldrin is my hero:
[flash=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/flash]

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #258328 - 07/31/09 08:52 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I think there is one of the reasons why conspiracy theorists exist is because there's just "never" enough evidence to prove to them that its one thing than the other.

For example, if you said "The US did land on the moon in 1969!" by providing satellite pictures of the moon like how Audz provided, CT's will just say "The Gov. put those blobs there using a photo-editing technology. Its like there's no way to prove to CT's the moon landing ever happen, unless you actually send one of those bastards to the Moon, to the original landing site, and show them the manufacture date on the landing gear.

I bet even then they wouldn't believe the astronauts! They'd probably say "You just sent this up here, unmanned, months before I came up to the moon to make it look like the 1969 landing craft in the original 1969 TV broadcast". Of course, flying a CT up to the moon is impractical. And I bet if that CT who physical went to the moon told his/her CT friends, the CT friends would probably think the Gov. brain-washed during the trip to the moon to make him/her think there was a 1969 landing craft.

I mean, the skepticism of CT's is F**king ridiculous!!!

And you're right about the whole "If the US didn't land on the moon, why would Russia go to war with US?" thing SpaceMonkey. That was a little stretch on a probably event. I just know that around that time, US and Russia were having a COLD WAR, and building a space ship that can land on the Moon is a good indication that the US has advanced flight technology in their possession. But if US did not land on the moon in 1969 (which they actually did), who knows what would happen.

P.S. For clarity, CT = Conspiracy Theorist

CT's, also called History Sabotagers,
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (07/31/09 08:54 PM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #258335 - 07/31/09 10:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
But did people really go there? Considering we were still testing monkey's in orbit at the time of russia's sputnik. Satellite images are not proof enough.

:facepalm: 10 seconds of research would show you that Sputnik was THE FIRST MAN MADE CRAFT IN SPACE EVER. it is a physical impossibility for us to have ANYTHING in space before sputnik, let alone living creatures, because, as I said, sputnik was THE FIRST object launched into space.

Russia was ahead of us on unmanned satellites, and was first in getting humans into space (in fact their first manned launch was a full orbit, whereas we had sub-orbital lobs prior to John Glenn's historic flight, quite impressive really), but when we finally hired Dr. Werner Von Braun (designer of the german V2) and increased our funding we had an insurmountable advantage.

--------------------

Edited by Harry_Ba11sach (07/31/09 10:12 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom