Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineazshroomer
Medical Marijuana Cultivator

Loc: Nor-Cal
Build our own automatic trimmers!
    #241006 - 06/18/09 11:51 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

First off: Im a huge DIY guy, expect lotsa DIY threads on here to help grow the growery! :smile:

Alright everyone, I would like to get together with you all and figure out how we can make a DIY auto trimmer much like the Trimbox or Trimpro! (But without the $900 price tag)

They work simply by rotating either A) fan blades or B) metal wires (like weed wackers) at close proximity beneath a grate.

You then proceed to pass your wet harvest over the grate and the leaves get whacked off by the blades or wire underneath.

Technical complexities?:
If metal fan blades were used they create a slight suction which aides in collection of matter.
Metal wires do not create suction.

Q: Does it matter? What are Pro's/Con's of each?

Ideas:
An industrial fan with metal fanblades. (must have blades in CLOSE proximity to fan grate. Modification would include sharpening the blades and possibly constructing a catching device for plant matter underneath.

ShopVacs can be used to create suction in the bottom pieces of a trimmer to ensure catching of plant matter.

Possibly modifying a powerful floor fan by removing blades and inserting stainless steel weed wacker-esque wire.

Shouldn't be too hard, lets get thinking!

--------------------
Check out my Grow The Growery teks!
:gethigh: Building Your Grow Room:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Cloner:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Veg System:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own True Grow Room:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Flower System (COMING SOON):gethigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Re: Build our own automatic trimmers! [Re: azshroomer]
    #241045 - 06/19/09 05:45 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I haven't looked much into it but I don't think I'd want a vacuum near my buds unless it was to try to remove bugs late into flowering or something. Of course it would depend on the strength of the suction but trichomes would be damaged.

The best trimmer I've seen in action was featured on a urban grower video, my friend bought it locally and it can trim an ounce in a few minutes.

It's called the handy trimmer you can watch a video at www.urbangrower.com volume 34. I like the idea of it over a electronic one with like a series of blades and vacuums because it's not going to do much damage to your buds  and it will only trim what goes through the grate. It does a fairly good job at trimming too, it misses the odd bit but it's well within my standards of bag appeal.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Build our own automatic trimmers! [Re: azshroomer]
    #241046 - 06/19/09 05:53 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The Trimpro does work killer but has modified blades. They are right up against the grate so gotta watch those finger tips. There good for whacking off and collecting the big stuff but to get right up against the bud like the clubs like you still have to go over them.

Wanna see a trimmer? Check out one I believe it's on urbangrower. Called Rolling Thunder. $10,000 dollar trimmer.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineazshroomer
Medical Marijuana Cultivator

Loc: Nor-Cal
Re: Build our own automatic trimmers! [Re: Magash]
    #241122 - 06/19/09 02:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yea, I know about those other ones, but im looking for something anyone can afford and use.

Someone recommended a pair of electric grass cutters from black and decker.

--------------------
Check out my Grow The Growery teks!
:gethigh: Building Your Grow Room:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Cloner:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Veg System:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own True Grow Room:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Flower System (COMING SOON):gethigh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies