Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Adding flavor to bud
    #231179 - 05/23/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I was reading this http://www.seedbankupdate.com/cure.htm, can you take lemon juice and add it to your water to make the bud have a lemony taste?? :crazy2: :bonghit:

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Adding flavor to bud [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #231225 - 05/24/09 01:23 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

sounds cool, but im a little nervous to try. Maybe on one of the next crops. Let me know if you get any of those to turn out good.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #231226 - 05/24/09 01:26 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It would be interesting to find out if that actually works or not....I am assuming it wont work all that great but you might get something out of it. I mean you can taste ferts if you dont flush your plants so I dont see why you wouldnt be able to taste something in the buds if you added lemon concentrate to it.....But it didnt say anything about how much to add or anything so you might have to estimate. I would be interested to find out, so if you try it let me know :grin:. If it did work I would want like kiwi or some shit lol.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Adding flavor to bud [Re: Triptonic]
    #231283 - 05/24/09 10:34 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

the lemon would lower the ph because its acidic......but if you started out with a high  ph and lowered it with lemon juice, who knows it just might work....but you would probably need to add ALOT to get a descent flavor which would decrease the ph....and just because you probably need alot of lemon and it would screw with the ph and ec/ppm readings, i dont think it will work......and if you went throught with this......you would have to feed it the lemon during the last couple weeks during the flush so the nutes get used up and the lemon gets ingested by the plant so come harvest time the buds will burn good and taste good.....i know i dont wanna risk it because even if it did work you probably would need alot which in turn would fuck with your reading levels......

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (05/24/09 10:37 AM)

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Re: Adding flavor to bud [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #231295 - 05/24/09 11:29 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well what about grape? I'd like to try this on a plant sometime with something less acidic. Kiwi does sound reeeeeaaaaaalllly good :smile: :bonghit:

--------------------
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #231296 - 05/24/09 11:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

grapes are acidic too.....most citrus fruits are acidic.....thats what gives them their sour taste.....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

#231297 - 05/24/09 11:32 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Can't you add syrupy type of things that have little to no sugar?

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #231299 - 05/24/09 11:37 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

idk im not a scientist :tongue: lol

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#231319 - 05/24/09 12:40 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You could balance the acidity out with baking soda.....lol I say go for it.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #231556 - 05/25/09 01:03 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yeah but then the ppm would probably go up pretty high........go for it it you have an extra plant or so, it would be a kool experiment)! bt "i" myself wouldnt risk it......

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#231669 - 05/25/09 01:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

do it with a jalapeno plant.

Offlineerb
 User Gallery

#232274 - 05/26/09 02:25 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

No, it doesnt work.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Adding flavor to bud [Re: erb]
    #232280 - 05/26/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

erb said:
No, it doesnt work.

:lol: Do share your experience with us!

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineAKSE

#233153 - 05/27/09 08:17 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

As an experiment, I witnessed someone give a plant orange juice at every watering, while the rest of the plants got water.  Also, this was quality orange juice, not concentrate BS.  Anyways orange juice didn't seem to make any difference in taste or smell, however it turned out to be a very potent plant covered in trichs.  It had a very pungent 'dank' poopy smell.:lol:  Not sure if maybe the orange juice helped it with good nutrients or something, but it didn't do anything but stink and rot in the soil.  When he took it out of the pot, the soil looked like yogurt and smelled like crap!  Grew fine none the less.:lol::yesnod:

Offlinedieselkush

Re: Adding flavor to bud [Re: AKSE]
    #233247 - 05/27/09 10:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

in not an expert. but I dont think you water them trough the growth with it. isnt like adding surger or malases to get bigger buds etc. you would add it before you flushed your plant or around fruiting time.maybe a little before it. or maybe flush with it so the taste sticks with the plant. im no expert though..

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Adding flavor to bud [Re: dieselkush]
    #233437 - 05/28/09 12:17 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AKSE said:
As an experiment, I witnessed someone give a plant orange juice at every watering, while the rest of the plants got water.  Also, this was quality orange juice, not concentrate BS.  Anyways orange juice didn't seem to make any difference in taste or smell, however it turned out to be a very potent plant covered in trichs.  It had a very pungent 'dank' poopy smell.:lol:  Not sure if maybe the orange juice helped it with good nutrients or something, but it didn't do anything but stink and rot in the soil.  When he took it out of the pot, the soil looked like yogurt and smelled like crap!  Grew fine none the less.:lol::yesnod:

:strokebeard:very interesting.....did he adjust the ph before feed the plants with it?.....
Quote:

dieselkush said:
in not an expert. but I dont think you water them trough the growth with it. isnt like adding surger or malases to get bigger buds etc. you would add it before you flushed your plant or around fruiting time.maybe a little before it. or maybe flush with it so the taste sticks with the plant. im no expert though..

yeah that what i said Above\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Quote:

ME:if you went throught with this......you would have to feed it the lemon during the last couple weeks during the flush so the nutes get used up and the lemon gets ingested by the plant so come harvest time the buds will burn good and taste good..

because you have to flush the plant to get the nutes out...and if you feed it the fruit through veg then flush the plant, it will flush out the fruit also.....so id flush the plant with ph balanced fruit so the nutes would be flushed out and the fruit would be absorbed by plant.......? just a speculation.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineAKSE

#233445 - 05/28/09 12:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Nope never even checked the pH:lol:  Grew fine though so it must have been alright, excellent quality though!  Not sure if the OJ helped at all, but it seemed to be a worthwhile (and expensive) experiment.  Man was that soil rank at the end of the year though.:facepalm:

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Adding flavor to bud [Re: AKSE]
    #233535 - 05/28/09 03:54 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AKSE said:
Nope never even checked the pH:lol:  Grew fine though so it must have been alright, excellent quality though!  Not sure if the OJ helped at all, but it seemed to be a worthwhile (and expensive) experiment.  Man was that soil rank at the end of the year though.:facepalm:

:lol::thumbup:at least it was some good bud at harvest time!

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (05/28/09 03:56 PM)

Offlinelilmafia513
Stranger

#234780 - 05/31/09 09:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MonsignorBerric said:
I was reading this http://www.seedbankupdate.com/cure.htm, can you take lemon juice and add it to your water to make the bud have a lemony taste?? :crazy2: :bonghit:

Actually, when i first started growing, i used lemon juice to lower my PH, a friend told me it would work until i got the real stuff. It will drop it, due to it being very acidic.
The smell or taste of the pot was nothing special, it was bagseed and had no lemony taste or smell to it after harvest or while ggrowing.
Also, the lemon juice will only drop PH for a matter of hours, while PH down will last much longer.
My advice would be to just use the PH adjustment solutin. It gets messy playin with sticky lemon juice in the grow room!!LOL!! Trust me!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder