Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDankenstein
3 different struggling plants
    #222508 - 05/03/09 12:03 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So all of these plants came from a friend.  The first two were already at least 2-3 weeks into flowering but I'm reveging and took a bunch of cuttings off of them today.  They're in Fox Farm soil...likely Ocean Forest with some perlite, and I don't know what with or how often he'd been fertilizing these.  I suspect that the first two are suffering from nutrient burn.  I've been watering them all with distilled water and rainwater depending on availability.  I've used some fish emulsion, kelp powder, and maybe some superthrive on these plants once every two weeks or so.  The drainage on these pots is a little on the damp side but not by much.  The first two plants are in 2-3 gallon pots and the third is in a gallon pot.  The plants are all three sitting under 2, 2-bulb 4ft T12 fluoros.  I've looked at leaves under a pocket microscope and didn't find any insects and there's not even fungus gnats around.  The temperature of the room they're in is low - in the 64°F range usually, and the humidity is acceptable (~50% today).  I sometimes mist them and sometimes mist them with some kelp powder.

Plant 1:

Plant 2:

The third is also from the same person but is still in veg growth.  It used to have odd, spindly leaves that curled under but now it's got this chlorosis.  I'm pretty sure the first two plants have a different problem than this plant.  This plant looks to me like a deficiency of some sort.

Plant 3:

When I checked the pH of these plants, they all seemed to be in the 6.5 range.  Any thoughts?  Thanks ahead of time.

Edited by Dankenstein (05/03/09 12:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAKSE

Re: 3 different struggling plants [Re: Dankenstein]
    #222976 - 05/04/09 08:40 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ddi the leaves come yellow or did you observe them become that way?  When you reveg, sometimes there aren't many good fan leaves left to leave for the reveg.  When in flower, the plant uses all the sugars and carbs stored in the leaves to aid in flowering, which is why you obvserve leaves dying during late flowering.  Could it be possible that those were just leaves that were being exhausted during flowering?

Also, I might add that you don't need to leave buds on the plant to reveg...only Fan leaves (even the small ones if possible).  It wont hurt anything to leave them on, but I can think of some other uses for them...:yesnod:

OfflineDankenstein
Re: 3 different struggling plants [Re: AKSE]
    #223108 - 05/05/09 12:17 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

The leaves on those two flowering plants were mostly green when I got them, with some dried up/minor yellowing on lower leaves.  The buds aren't really very developed or anything.  It is possible that they're exhausted leaves and that the stresses of a new environment and revegging have caused the issues but I've never revegged plants before.  I honestly didn't know what to do about the buds but they're probably not worth smoking at this point.

Either way THANK YOU for your response!  I was starting to get worried that no one would chime in.  I hope some other people have some insight to share as well.

OfflineAKSE

Re: 3 different struggling plants [Re: Dankenstein]
    #223266 - 05/05/09 07:51 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah eventually someone who knows more about sick plants will post.  In the meantime, here is probably the best guide to plant symptoms I've seen.:thumbup:

http://www.marijuana-seeds.net/Thanks-ThankYou.htm

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 3 different struggling plants [Re: AKSE]
    #223768 - 05/07/09 09:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Very odd the Ph... I would have sworn that was the issue.

The first two definitely look like zinc deficiency and I have to think the third is the same as well. It could also be magnesium...

As for suggestions, I would raise the temps a bit because cold plants recover slowly. Next, check out the root system, one of the most common beginner mistakes is over-watering, if the root system is stunted you may want to transplant. Then I would flush the plants completely and apply a 1/2 strength COMPLETE fertilizer (anything made for hydroponics or soil-less media should be fine). This will allow them access to all of the micro-nutes they need.

Good luck!

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineDankenstein
Re: 3 different struggling plants [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #228722 - 05/20/09 08:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Just reporting back.  I did a flush on these plants and they still seem to be suffering.  I think one major factor in this is because I'm trying to reveg - the buds appear to be continuing to mature and I can't say definitively, but I believe the trichomes have enlarged as well.  Would cutting the flowers off have been a good idea to help my plants reveg?  Either way my stash was out so they came in handy today.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale