Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Growing
    #222749 - 05/04/09 07:40 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hi nice to be here. Ive been on the Shroomery for a few years now and Just JUST found the growery.  Seems like a nice spot ,few tid bits of conflicting info. " Chloramines do NOT evaporate into a gas Mr. moderator." That being said, Hi. So I'm doing indoor, and curious about a few things. Current set up is small. Living in g/f's moms house stifles my desire for room and descent equipment. However I'm making the best with what i have. Mainly 3 UN gendered, and 7 more sprouting.  Ive got a 4x4x1 Self enclosed room, with a fan and a 30-40 watt fluorescent coralife 10,000 K Trichromatic Bulb held between 1'' & 2''. I started out side in Oakland and moved during the first week after sprouting to a place much rainier and with much more wind so i came inside.  While outside the plants showed signs of small growth and mostly root production but with casual leaf yellowing. I fertilized with happy frog by Fox Farm on the 5-5-5 blend and have seen great things, Plus the leafs have gone to a dark green. I'm running 24hrs on the fan and 20/4 on the lighting giving them a few hours to breathe. Any ideas? Ill be back for more info and questions, and wow what a great place to find similar minds. Later doggies

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Growing [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #222757 - 05/04/09 08:37 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

photos

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #222808 - 05/04/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Chloramines? What?

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #222831 - 05/04/09 11:03 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You don't intend to keep using that light do you?

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineAKSE

#222952 - 05/04/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ero42oH2o said:
I'm running 24hrs on the fan and 20/4 on the lighting giving them a few hours to breathe.

All that is really doing is letting your one fluoro cool down for 4 hours...they're always 'breathing'.  I'de just live it on 24/0 personally, more growth, and fluoros stay extremely cool as it is.

4x4x1 room?  How do you plan on growing in a room like that?:what:

Also if you plan on sticking with fluoros, you're going to need quite a few more.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Growing [Re: AKSE]
    #222965 - 05/04/09 07:45 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

And the chloramines thing. I read it on a forum and it was talking about letting chloramines evap out. Chloramines were added to the water later because it DOESn't EVAPORATE. Totally fucked up the marine /tropical hobbyist.But then again i dont think i can spell it.

--------------------

OfflineAKSE

#222986 - 05/04/09 08:53 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Chloramines are an alternative to Chlorine as a disinfectant in water systems.  You either have one or the other, not both.  Should be fairly simple to find out your water quality.  Also this is pretty negligible regarding growing, you have more important things to worry about.

Also, since you didn't answer it before I'll as again.  How do you plan on growing in a 4'x4'x1' area?

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#223079 - 05/05/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I am a fucking weedtard. Ive tried to post like 2x and just lost it. I keep smoking purple candy and it makes me dumb.and hungry....But Compacts are on the way to supplement the veg. Hps on deck for flower time, or maybe something different. This 4x4x1 is more like 4x4x2 but will be 6x8x3, and then probably put in a shed when i have enough occupants. Oh and the current set up is experimental. Seeds cost toooo much like 70$ for 10 in the bay area club system.So i wanna practice before i spend that $$$$. And this is just random seeds I collected over the year at oakland area clubs(in the weed) So they probably arent too great n e wayz. About the Compacts. Anybody got any suggestions on size, white variation?

--------------------

OfflineAKSE

#223241 - 05/05/09 06:17 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well you don't need to order CFL's, just go pick some up at the Department Store.  Whichever CFL you find that produces the most lumens will be the best choice.  Although, you can also just get shoplight fixtures and run 4ft tube fluoros.  You want roughly 3000 lumens per square foot for good growth.  You said you have (or planning on) a HPS 'on deck for flowering'?  If you have a HPS, by all means use it!  They produce many more lumens than fluoros, and will outperform fluoros in vegging.  But keep in mind fluoros are fine for vegging.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#223339 - 05/05/09 11:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I didnt order cfls, i'm just looking at them at HDepot. And as we talked im in a bit of a space pinch so im looking for nano style shit. And the hps is currently working hard on another project. HEre is why im here. I ask a ton of questions. And Definatly need the help, and a buddy of mine is a shroomery moderator and refered me over here. Ive got the idea im just here for details, and then i saw all the other cool areas and kinda got excited....more areas...more details always needed. ITs funny in my life its like everything is there for the "fill in your own blank" but there are no details without friends.

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#223446 - 05/06/09 11:01 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So Hids. Couldn't get ne room under the hps yet. So I'm looking to buy a new light for this project. Whats the best hid? Whats the best value. What is the best for the best cost. Any ideas? ? ? Oh and does aerating your water with a fish air stone/pump help really? And also is CO2 only good if it can be contained in a small room(ppm) or does a nice spray work ? And the compacts. They are in different spectrum's and different whites, Bright white/Soft white which is better? They are both 100/150 watts. And what is the Lumen conversion? Thanks

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#223797 - 05/07/09 10:59 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This should probably just be moved to the grow journal area. But i'll leave that up to you guys. I added a 26 watt Daylight cfl, then i dropped it. Then my girlfriend bought me a new one. So now i've got 56 watts of lighting. I forget the combined lumens. 1,400 + Whatever the strip light fluor has. I'm going to keep adding them as I can afford. But my plants are looking good. Dark green but not too dark. No splotches. No yellowing. No pests. Heavy root production. No wilting. Continued growth. Idk it might all go to hell soon but it seems like things are working fine.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck