Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetg105

2nd grow. NEW PICS WITH HPS
    #214534 - 04/10/09 10:57 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

hello all! i have been an occasional smoker since i was 17. i was started on bomb shit from the good ol' town of reedsport, oregon where a friend of mine moved when i was in "high" school. so when i saw the culture, i wanted to give it a shot and years later it has drawn me to an internet community like this.

this website has helped me gather much needed information on growing my own personal crop in a friend of mines place for a small commission of bud :smile:

i will post some finished pics of my first crop to see what you guys think. i want honest thoughts on it.

these pictures were taken about 6 weeks into budding, it was a bag seed, but usually with the bags im getting, seeds are VERY rare. as for my current grow, still, bag seeds as i am still too paranoid to order from an internet seed bank when i live in the center of the united states. this plant was started with 8 4' floro tubes and supplemented with 2 32w CFLs for vegging, i cropped the plant at about 1.5 ft tall so it would split for me (a lesson learned from an old timer) i also was able to tell it was a female or at least a hermi early (another lesson from an old timer). the plant started budding early due to paranoia. i had to put the plant in a box for almost a full day so it started budding on me. at that time i couldnt afford a hps bulb for about 1 week of budding, i then purchased a 150 watt hps bulb from mennards for 90 bux and mounted it sideways with no reflector and kept my 2 CFLs for supplemental lighting

so here is my new grow space, i just assembled this a couple days ago with very limited time after working usually more than 18 hrs a day 6 days a week, as of now i can run my temp at near 70-75 degrees during the day with the lights on and keep a humidity at about 60 percent if i spray it multiple times a day. for the moment, im using 4 CFL bulbs, 2 42w 6500K full spec bulbs and 2 42w 2000K bulbs for my vegging. im growing what appears to be 2 sativas and 1 indica. i also am starting my 2 tomatoes and a jalepeno under them for my back yard garded. my grandmother still lets me use her south face porch for our other legal gardening hobby!! but needless to say, my setup is working ok for what ive been able to throw together in a very short amount of time and very little money. soon, maybe in the next day or 2, i will be mounting the HPS above the cfls so they will all be running in this spot. its 2x1.75 floor space, and has adjustable shelves for a total floor to  the bottom of the lights height of 4.5 feet. i use a mixture of amazing black topsoil, miracle grow, pearlite, and a little lime to raise the ph of the soil to about 6.5

MUCH MORE TO COME

Edited by tg105 (04/21/09 05:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineherd
the responsible thizz head
Male

Re: 2nd grow. working on making this much better than my first [Re: tg105]
    #214539 - 04/10/09 11:44 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

im grabbin a seat on this grow.
where you grab the 42watters from ?
you can move those cfl's closer too,
about 2-4 inches from the top.

--------------------
Proud roach/dooby collector since 07

Edited by herd (04/10/09 11:45 PM)

Offlinetg105

Re: 2nd grow. working on making this much better than my first [Re: herd]
    #214553 - 04/11/09 02:36 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i purchased all of my cfls from menards. as well as my hps. i figured i would just pay cash for all the stuff when i got it. the low temp bulbs were spendy, about 15 bux a piece, while the daylight 6500K were like 10 a piece. my plan may also be changing with my lights, just to pick up a little more intensity, if after i put in the hps and the temp stays at an optimum level, i might ad 4 more cfls at varying color temps just for more broad coverage of the light spectrum and do some rearanging up top.

a lot of the help i want is in getting a good fertilizer regiment going. i know the number abreviations for it but what brands are better than others? i mean there are so many i just dont have a good basis to start.

heres a pic of the first plant i grew indoors. the smoke was definetly a sativa high. really an active smoke. REALLY SKUNKY. buds didnt come out dense, very crushable when dry but almost powdering into kief. i mostly smoked doobies, and with my smoking habits usually had 3 to 5 joints a day. i got to weighing my stash after it was all dry, (not including my sampled buds. i took enough to make a difference) just barely under 3oz of some good dry seedless hairy sticky weed. it was straight stoney shit but didnt have the body of good nugs. due to lack of a co2 system and lack of fertalizer, i didnt wanna over do it so i didnt give it much fert at all. i used 15-30-15 MG big bloom to get them budding. attached is a macro of a coouple of the smaller buds, probably bigger than yer keyless entry remote for your car

Offlinetg105

#214554 - 04/11/09 02:37 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

this was at about 4 weeks budding. maybe not quite so big as the keyless entry remote. i just looked at mine and was like..... hmmm.. really stoned right now

Edited by tg105 (04/11/09 02:40 AM)

Offlinetg105

#214681 - 04/11/09 07:26 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

if this grow needs to be placed in another forum due to my questions, will an admin please feel free to re-direct me as i am new to the growery forums

i have moved the shelf up so the leaves are aprox 4 inches from the cfls, soon they will need to be moved back down as they are growing very rapidly as they should be. i have also done some super cropping on one plant, just for an idea on how much pressure needs to be exerted on the branch to not kill it. i will be trimming the top of the indica soon to get it to branch out for me.  as i am not a supporter (yet, not by choice) i am limited on the amount of pictures i can post. i will update close to once a week on pictures.

temps and humidity stay in relatively good zones, it was running at 78 all day with about 50 percent humidity.

i want to know what kind of vegging fertilizer to use and how often i should use them for every step of my grow, i dont want to veg for much longer as i think i will be budding these within a few short weeks.

i would also like to know what kind of budding fertilizer i should use. i know theres stronger shit than 15-30-15 but im kind of shy to drive to another town to just browse fertilizers and not find what i should be getting. any help on this would be appreciated. i want fuller buds this time instead of meatless kiefy weed thats still very potent. it was very fooling wet the last time with the top buds being the size of a large energy drink, say the 16 ozers. they just didnt have the body to them that i was expecting for the smell and feel of it. any ideas of why this happened other than fertilizer and co2 issues????

Edited by tg105 (04/11/09 07:35 PM)

Offlinetg105

#217698 - 04/19/09 08:30 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

april 19th 2009

plants are thriving. no bad signs of malnutrition or overheating. i just placed the 150W HPS in the cabinet. im drawing up a reflector that would hold the ballast and light that would be made out of sheet metal. im thinking that i should have a reflector in the next month or so if i get to my dads shop and weld it up. im kind of stealing my design from an unknown 400 watt reflector that a friend of mine has. pictures are at a standstill due to no USB cable. im waiting for a paycheck and i will show how they have grown. MORE TO COME

gotta say, i just made hexane hash out of my foliage and trim from my last plant, and gotta say im ripped as fuck. very intense cerebral and body HIGH!! i didnt get much of a yield, just about a half gram. but i didnt let the jar soak for very long. no big deal, just wanted to taste some of it and catch that ever so intense hash buzz. looking to dabble a bit in mushrooms after visiting shroomery.com. looks fun!

Offlinetg105

#218330 - 04/21/09 05:32 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Loc: Pacific NW
    #219197 - 04/24/09 12:00 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i'm gonna have to watch this one :smile: looks good, keep it up

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #219281 - 04/24/09 09:51 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

daaaang tg105!

nice grow.

:highfive:

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: 2nd grow. working on making this much better than my first [Re: MFDoom666]
    #219578 - 04/25/09 06:48 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Ill keep my eye on this one.:peace:

Offlinetg105

Re: 2nd grow. working on making this much better than my first [Re: Ben18]
    #219720 - 04/25/09 10:19 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

thanks for throwing me some attention! been wanting to get my shit out there. pretty soon these will be way too big for my space.... im thinking about moving a couple outside and keeping a nice one for in the space.. i attatched a picture of some bud that came around tonight from colorado. its some purps, tasted amazing and im stoned as hell! pics were taken within the last 2 days of the plants

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#220683 - 04/28/09 06:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup::awesome::thumbup::awesome::thumbup::awesome::thumbup::awesome::thumbup::awesome:

keep the pics coming.

welcome to the growery! :gethigh:

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineAMDM
Stranger
Male

Re: 2nd grow. working on making this much better than my first [Re: Yrat]
    #223528 - 05/06/09 03:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Nice grow:thumbup:
Man...I wish I had a friend that would let me grow at his place.
But ohh well.

And I will be following this one.

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Loc: Pacific NW
Re: 2nd grow. working on making this much better than my first [Re: AMDM]
    #234139 - 05/30/09 04:57 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

been 23 days since an update dude, what happend?

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order