Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineronjohn7779
Will this be a good hydroponic system to make (Top drip and Ultrasonic foggers).
    #218414 - 04/21/09 07:59 PM (15 years, 22 hours ago)

Basically here are two designs I've come up with for a hydroponic system. This system will have a drip feed and will most likely have 3 to 6 ultrasonic foggers. The foggers would be feed by their own drip feed that feed continuously. The plant's drippers would go on 2 to 3 times a day. I may go with only 3 foggers because six just seems like a lot. The system will be 6 feet long (with 6 net pots a foot or so away from each other). My main concern is would either of these systems provide enough space for large root systems (6 plants that are 3 feet tall)?

Any suggestions or improvements would be greatly appreciated. Also which would be better design 1 (the first two pictures) or design Two (the third pic). Also is design 2 even needed? Will a 3 to 5 inch deep PVC pipe or fence post provide enough space for the roots of (6 plants) that are 2 to 3 feet tall each.

These first two pictures are of my first design.

The second design (it's just like the first except it has 3 inch cylinders that raise the net pots 3 inches above the main PVC pipe. This would have extra root space).

Both my foggers and my system are based in idea off of this system on this youtube video.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineronjohn7779
Re: Will this be a good hydroponic system to make (Top drip and Ultrasonic foggers). [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #218538 - 04/22/09 08:25 AM (15 years, 9 hours ago)

Anyone have any ideas?

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Will this be a good hydroponic system to make (Top drip and Ultrasonic foggers). [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #218694 - 04/22/09 05:12 PM (15 years, 47 minutes ago)

why would you have a top feed and the foggers....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlineronjohn7779
Re: Will this be a good hydroponic system to make (Top drip and Ultrasonic foggers). [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #219146 - 04/23/09 09:29 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
why would you have a top feed and the foggers....

Redundancy in case something happens to one. I'll have an out with the other. Also foggers kick ass!

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #219284 - 04/24/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

3ft is an awful big plant in that kind of system. A three ft tall plant will produce a lot of roots, make sure you accommodate them. With that kind of setup I would reccomend clones and only let them get 1ft max.

Also, the redundancy of both drippers and foggers is pretty useless to me. If you must have a redundant system, use NFT and foggers. That way all you need to do is have a 6" deep cup glued inside the pipe near the top that is fed with a pump and contains your fogger. That way any water that doesn't turn into fog overflows the cup and runs down your pipe (which is on an incline) and baths your roots as it flows. Collect the runoff at the bottom and pipe it into your rez for collection and recirculation. Waaaaay less plumbing, supplies, cost, and complexity.

If you want me to clarify that at all, let me know.

Now here's a question for you all, does anyone know the smallest droplet size a root hair will accommodate? And does anyone know the average droplet size produced by these foggers? I have never switched over to them because I have never seen a successful grow that uses just foggers, which to me means they aren't that useful for plants but if anyone can answer my questions and knows differently, please let me know.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Offlineronjohn7779
Re: Will this be a good hydroponic system to make (Top drip and Ultrasonic foggers). [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #219637 - 04/25/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Cool thanks for the input. In any case. I've changed mind on that system. I'll most likely actually use 8 to 10 inch PVC pipe instead of 3-5 inch. I was told by someone who makes (and sells a similar) system that 3-5 inches wouldn't work out. Also I've just dropped the idea of foggers. I've been reading that they aren't as good as some make them out to be, however they are great for root development in clones. So I'll just do something along those lines for my cloning area.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder