Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetony8404

want to improve grow
    #212423 - 04/05/09 05:06 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hello everyone, I just completed another grow and i seem to be lazy because I had left them dry to long and they sorta turned very light or feathery do not seem dense like they once did not to mention they were bagseed...

But I was thinking today that I would like to take this a little more seriously now due to putting time into this. I once thought I want to know what is going into what i am smoking, I thought I could make my own veriaty of different smokes and be happy.

Well, I would like to put type up what i have going on for a setup so i can get some good advice from you guys.

I have a 6'wide x 6'deep x 5.5' height room. Inside this room i have another room that is 3'x'3x5.5' with mylar setup up on the walls. I have a 400 watt hps with a homemade air cooled hood that has 2- 6" holes that have 2 - 6" intake duct fans with one puling air in and one pulling air out. The one pulling air in is connected to a sztanley blower going into the air cooled hoold and going out of it through out of the room. I have the hood connected to an adjustable chain for height difference. I also have an oscilating fan in the room as well. During the summer time i have installed a ac unit into the side of the 3x3 room with a special ducting connecting the ac unit exhaust out of the 6x6 room into the rest of the basement. I have everything setup up on timers and also am investing on co2 setup just need a co2 regulator and dispenser.

For soil and nutrients i am using fox farm line up. I have ocean forest and happy frog soil. I have big bloom, tiger bloom, grow big nutrients. I have the supplements as well too cha-ching, beastie something and open seasme.
      Once i have sprouted a few seeds i start them off in happy frog and have started them in ocean forest but seems like happy frog is easier to me on the seedlings.
      I usually veg them for 1 week in seed starter tray, then I transfer them to 16oz plastic cups for three weeks veg.
      At 4 weeks i then transfer to 8inch pots for the rest of the grow. The 4 week veg is under two 4 foot daylight bulbs on a shop light. once 4 weeks is up i switch to the 400 watt hps for 18/6 for a couple weeks and then i go 12/12 from there out.

I also have used this concentrate stuff forgot the name but its just fulvic acid and i was told that it helps open the plant from a 2 lane road to a highway for transferring nutes in the plants system but i use the directons on the back.

I usually just use distilled water until i get lazy then its tap water. I also do not pay attention to the humidity nor the ph.
      Anyone out there that uses fox farm line up please if you have any tips or modifications to the nute feeding chart let me know thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetony8404

Re: want to improve grow [Re: tony8404]
    #212986 - 04/07/09 05:25 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

wow thanks guys......

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #213480 - 04/08/09 09:55 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Wow tony, I can't believe I missed this post! Sorry!

You seem like you have your setup really dialed in, were you using the same for your last grow? I think that the biggest improvement you can make right now is getting some good genetics. A specially bred line can really make all the difference in the world compared to bagseed.  If you pick the right strain (and aren't so lazy :wink:) you can get some really dense colas that will knock you on your ass.

I wish I could help you with the FoxFarm stuff but I only used it for a short while; it did what it was supposed to... I run mostly hydroponics now as I find the growth rate increase more than compensates for the added maintenance, if you're looking for something new, you could give hydro a try. I would recommend running a soil grow and cloning the best mother so you start with rooted cuttings in your hydro system though.

Any chance we could get some pics?

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Offlinetony8404

Re: want to improve grow [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #218706 - 04/22/09 05:45 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Dr.penuin, i am glad you chimed in cause i went hydroponics now since this thread.... can you give me some tips?

i have a 30 gallon rubber maid tote that has 300gph fountain pump in it with a half inch rod going to a half inch tee input going to a 3/4 output on both ends witch go to a 5 inch 3/4 pipe on each end then i have 5 holes on each side 1/16th inch...

runs great did a test run last night was happy..

i also have a fogger i bought on clearence that is used for pumpkins on halloween. i looked it up last night all i have to do is really make a floating device cause it wont support over 8 inches.

i have a timing i recieved from another member on running both fogger and the pump..

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #218900 - 04/23/09 08:17 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Are the plants in the rubbermaid or do you have the plumbing feeding drip lines? I'm a bit confused.

Lets see some pics of your setup in action.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: want to improve grow (moved) [Re: tony8404]
    #218902 - 04/23/09 08:20 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

This thread was moved from Soil & Organic Nutrients.

Reason:
General cultivation is more suitable for this question.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder