Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLurksponge
Noob questions about start/finish with Aeroponics
    #216852 - 04/17/09 04:09 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

So I'm really new to all of this, I've only dabbled in a lil home mycology. I was wondering what would be the least costly way to get started from seeds using an aeroponics system? I see many articles regarding aeroponics cloners but not so much about using them to veg/fruit in. Would I need a seperate aero system for clones and one for veg/fruit? What would be the best and cheapest way to get to the cloning stage from seeds?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletravelleler
New and used cannabis seeds!!!

Re: Noob questions about start/finish with Aeroponics [Re: Lurksponge]
    #216864 - 04/17/09 04:52 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

If you really and absolutely *must* use aeroponics then I'd say the cheapest way is to buy parts from Home Depot or Lowe's (unless there aren't any where you live) and put it together DIY style.  First though you will need to glean a lot of information and educate yourself about hydro/aero systems and components-- what better place to come to do it than the growery :grin::thumbup:

the basic heart of an aero system are it's reservoir and plant/root cups plus the lift pump and the sprayers.  As you read more you will see there are a good many other things you could add.  Those basic "aerogarden" units you see on the web and at garden stores aren't really aeroponic systems-- they are more like mini-DWC  (Deep Water Culture) systems and that's a bit different.

hopefully you will find more here to fill your brain with--  any questions just add them to this thread! 

:sheesha::flyhigh:

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Pour that on your granola and eat it, you zombie pinko bastards!"

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Noob questions about start/finish with Aeroponics [Re: travelleler]
    #217065 - 04/18/09 08:56 AM (15 years, 4 days ago)

I would very highly recommend you choose a different system to start with. Aero is pretty challenging to maintain, especially ones that use misters. You also have to think about the initial cost of an aero system, a true aeroponics table can cost upwards of 1000$ pretty easily. If you want to try hydroponics, look into DWC you will get amazing results and it isn't nearly as difficult (or expensive) as aero.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Invisibletravelleler
New and used cannabis seeds!!!

Re: Noob questions about start/finish with Aeroponics [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #217211 - 04/18/09 06:27 PM (15 years, 4 days ago)

I agree with the good doctor's advice whole heartedly.

hydroponic grows are finicky enough as it is, aeroponics equipment just add one dimension more of possible befuddlement.  Fact is, if you are running a closed system with all your plants growing from the same reservoir and there is a problem with your mixture you could hypothetically lose all of your plants at once.  That is the advantage of using something like the GH hydrofarm drip buckets because each bucket has it's own reservoir and they are extremely simple and easy to understand once you get it set up for the 1st time.  The complete kit comes with the hydroton grow rocks the unit with all it's parts and the little air pump that runs the whole thing.  Then if you want to grow more than one plant you can do it and the blunder-risk to your entire crop is a little less.
  The concept of hydro/aero/NFT/DWC/Ebb-Flo becomes apparent as you observe your plant growing in the bucket which is, technically speaking, a "top feed drip" system.  Once you've learned the basics then you can do almost anything with simple parts from the hardware store---

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Pour that on your granola and eat it, you zombie pinko bastards!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale