Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChrisofMS
male purp plant only, how can i get bud?
    #215778 - 04/14/09 10:19 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

yeah so i was in the backyard chillin with some purp recently, and a seed i threw in the yard happened to bud. ive established that its a male, so what is the next logical move so i can have my own bud?

round these parts way down here purp goes for 20 a blunt, or 30 a g, so i really really really want this plant to survive.

if i took a transplant could i change the light cycle to make it bud as a female?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: male purp plant only, how can i get bud? [Re: ChrisofMS]
    #215795 - 04/14/09 11:38 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

you're fucked. start over.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#215867 - 04/15/09 05:26 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

males are males, no bud for you

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlinebobby
TheKushFiles
Male User Gallery

Loc: upper sedimentary rock
Re: male purp plant only, how can i get bud? [Re: Yrat]
    #215895 - 04/15/09 09:48 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

yea, males suck as far as smoking goes. but what i dont get is 20 a blunt or 30  a g?? down here a blunt is 2 g's, why would i pay more for less?? lol

--------------------

Invisibletravelleler
New and used cannabis seeds!!!

#215896 - 04/15/09 09:51 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

save some of that pollen or those seeds, you can pollinate a good mom and get tons of seed for future use!! 

and yeah-- you are being overcharged for your smoke

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Pour that on your granola and eat it, you zombie pinko bastards!"

OfflineChrisofMS
Re: male purp plant only, how can i get bud? [Re: bobby]
    #215957 - 04/15/09 01:57 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bobby said:
yea, males suck as far as smoking goes. but what i dont get is 20 a blunt or 30  a g?? down here a blunt is 2 g's, why would i pay more for less?? lol

man i live in a town in rural ms with 40k ppl in the county, and a blunt is 20 from my dealer, but a gram is more than a blunt.  hes the only dealer in my area so his blunts are like fat joints, but their def. less than a full gram of purp.  im not getting ripped thats just average for my area asshole.

will the male produce seeds if i just leave it, i have a condo where im going to college next year so i plan to grow there for my self.

Invisibletravelleler

#215961 - 04/15/09 02:33 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

whoa there tiger-- no need to get feisty...  I'm only stating an opinion, if you think it's fair then go for it.  Where I live an ounce is $230 for the sinsemilla so from my viewpoint $20 for less than a gram ain't so great. 

best of luck to you on your grow!!  if you order some good female seeds you can get sweet buds all you want-- try Green House Seed Co.  they have many great female seeds starting at about $20 a 5/pack... considerably less than many other seedbanks charge plus they really do a good job with their breeding.

Peace

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

OfflineChrisofMS
Re: male purp plant only, how can i get bud? [Re: travelleler]
    #215962 - 04/15/09 02:37 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

so buying seeds online is legal in the US?

thanks for the info, i guess ill just have a pretty purple pot plant growing in the middle of my back yard.

Invisibletravelleler

#215988 - 04/15/09 04:55 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

it is NOT illegal to purchase and own hemp seed in the grand ol' U S of A

HOWEVER it IS illegal to germinate ANY cannabis or hemp seeds.  Most seedbanks that ship to the US include this specific disclaimer that you are responsible and know better than to try and grow the seeds they are breeding and sending to you. 

really once you get the seeds what you do is your own business.  If you have a big backyard without uncool/nosy neighbors then you shouldn't have any trouble.

what's more, here's a tip:  This is a community of mostly like-minded folks who cherish and appreciate the opinions of others regarding the subject of Cannabis and cannabis culture almost as much as they cherish and appreciate cannabis itself.  if you want to get lots of good advice and share in the nurturing spirit of the nature of the herb then I would simply suggest that if you can leave any unnecessarily negative attitudes outside the forum then you will go far.

Namaste

--------------------

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#215993 - 04/15/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

umm actually hemp seeds are illegal too unless they've been sterilized. growing hemp is not legal in the US, unless you have a special license that is impossible to get.

Invisibletravelleler

Re: male purp plant only, how can i get bud? [Re: usg543]
    #216002 - 04/15/09 05:32 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

growing hemp is not legal in the US, unless you have a special license that is impossible to get.

last time I checked the USDA had lifted the ban on hemp farming and made several permits available.  As there is little industrial infrastructure that exists in the USA to process hemp fiber there are few farms willing to grow it now.  Most farms grow seed hemp if any at all.

maybe I am mis-informed on the legality of hemp seed but I've read that most of the time customs does not confiscate hemp seeds.  However if you are buying cannabis seeds that are packaged indiscreetly with pictures of big fat buds or instructions regarding flavour or yeild potential I'd suppose those circumstances would be red-flags for any customs agent who might open your envelope.  A good seed bank can re-pack your seeds so stealthily that, as Samuel Clemens might have said, they eschew all probability of obfuscation... Most envelopes are not subjected to scrutiny by customs officials.

hemp is not = Cannabis

but the seeds look about the same.  So why worry?  just send them to a po box and be smrt about it

--------------------

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#216006 - 04/15/09 05:37 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

you don't know what you're talking about. unless you have a license you can't grow hemp. it's possible to get but they make you jump through so many hoops its almost impossible. you haven't read about the bill they plan to introduce into congress about this particular issue, and ron paul is behind it? it's in the news.

currently canada produces a lot of our hemp as well as other nations. they make great money profiting off our fucked up laws.

and hemp and cannabis is the same plant. it's essentially the same seed. legal hemp is just grown with certain genetics where it doesn't have more than a certain % of thc.

but any seed that is viable (aka not sterilized) is illegal in the United States. please stop spreading misinformation.

Invisibletravelleler

#216013 - 04/15/09 05:57 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry, not trying to spread any bullshit here...  fact is a farmer CAN get a permit to grow hemp whereas before it was IMPOSSIBLE to get that permit/license...

it'd be impossible for a customs officer to tell if a hemp seed is sterilized or not by looking at it---  orders that get confiscated rarely result in legal actions.

so far only like two farms expressed any interest in the new program... probably for the reasons you stated, jumping through hoops, lack of seedstock or other supporting factors 

I'm looking for that article I read about this and not finding it now.  Just a bunch of biased bullshit like this
Quote:

A recently released USDA report, Industrial Hemp in the United States: Status and Market Potential, discounts the prospects for hemp as an economically viable alternative crop for American farmers. The U.S. market for hemp is, and will likely remain, a small, thin market.

sounds like bullshit to me.  If the supply existed in textiles then the demand would follow.

then there is this from back in 2007:

Quote:

Monson turned in an application Monday to the state Agriculture Department to become the nation's first licensed industrial hemp farmer. State Agriculture Commissioner Roger Johnson said Monson provided fingerprints with his application, which will be used for a background check to prove he is not a criminal....Applicants must provide latitude and longitude coordinates for their proposed hemp fields, furnish fingerprints and pay at least $202 in fees, including $37 to cover the cost of criminal record checks.

it's no different than the hoops you have to jump through when you buy a gun or apply for a liquor license.  The fees are no different than the required crap for a truck driver or heavy equipment operator working with hazardous materials.

:jacked:

--------------------

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#216015 - 04/15/09 06:02 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

god you are dumb, no one listen to this kid.

OfflineChrisofMS
    #216087 - 04/15/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

hey lets all listen to travelerr... chill?

just yes or no, can i order seeds in the US? that should end this convo hopefully

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #216089 - 04/15/09 09:35 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, :bonghit2:

Yes you can order seeds in the U.S., no it is not legal. People do it all the time just be safe. Pay cash or prepaid credit card, use a fake name, and send it to an address other than the one you are growing. Look over here to find info on seedbanks and strains.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineChrisofMS
Re: male purp plant only, how can i get bud? [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #216139 - 04/15/09 11:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

ballin...thread closed unless you complimentin my purp plant. his names pete now

Invisibletravelleler

#216442 - 04/16/09 08:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Pete is sexy for a boy-- does he have any cute friends?  LOLz

I'm dumb I admit it but I'm not 100% wrong.

ChrisofMS, order some seeds--- they will get to you.  Just search in here for what the people's choice is and go for it.

many are fantastic, offer express stealth shipping and excellent selections.

:cheers:

--------------------

Offlinethe man

Re: male purp plant only, how can i get bud? [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #527772 - 02/16/11 12:24 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dr. Penguin said:

Yes you can order seeds in the U.S., no it is not legal. People do it all the time just be safe. Pay cash or prepaid credit card, use a fake name, and send it to an address other than the one you are growing. Look over here to find info on seedbanks and strains.

exactly^^^^

dont listen to traveller he doesnt know what he is talking about, you are taking a  real risk ordering seeds if you are in teh states PERIOD  mark emery is in jail because just for sending seeds to the states!

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: male purp plant only, how can i get bud? [Re: the man] * 1
    #531272 - 02/27/11 05:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the man said:
Quote:

Dr. Penguin said:

exactly^^^^

dont listen to traveller he doesnt know what he is talking about, you are taking a  real risk ordering seeds if you are in teh states PERIOD  mark emery is in jail because just for sending seeds to the states!

poor marc emery.

i feel for that dude.

nice purple male chris, you should save some of his pollen in a ziploc bag and store it in your freezer just incase you want to breed it with a female in the future.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom