Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAgent 47
John

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Holland
Upward & Twisted Bud Leaves
    #470660 - 08/31/10 11:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

In the last 3-4 days I've noticed that the leaves are starting to turn up and twist, causing "airy" buds. They've been flowering for ~33 days now, and up till now, the buds formation has been dense and compact as you'll see from the pictures. Not all of the plants are exhibiting this, but it doesn't seem to be strain specific. It seems to start with the lower buds, but not always. For all I know it's normal, I was hoping you guys could tell me.

Pot Size: - 16oz - 1 gallon - 7 gallon
Growing Medium: Peat, Perlite, EWC
Nutrients: Until flowering, Bone Meal, Blood Meal, Kelp Extract, Fish Emulsion, Garden Lime, Green Sand, which was all mixed into soil, veg was only water. Flowering Water mixed @ under recommended dilution with Botanicare: Hydroplex. Staring using at about day 15.
Strains: Afghan Kush, Satori

The last 3 days have been record highs in my area, reaching into the high 90's. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I figured it would be more information.

Make it big, and check out the leaves, you can't see in detail, but their "spacing". It almost looks like it's vegging, but not.

Side Bud Example:

Cola Example:
Close Up->
Losing This One to the twist.

Here's an example of how the bud is thick in the middle, but as it reaches to top leaves of the bud, it's like their spreading apart and reaching up. It hasn't been doing it long. A deficiency of sorts?

It's weird though, not all of the buds on an individual plant are inhibiting this. Some of the plants only have 1 or 2 sites where it's happening. Some of the pics of those side buds are from some of these.

77" Afghan Kush: ~100% Indica - I wish I was able to start breeding, one day.

Most are still growing thick and normal, I don't know what's going on but I would like to try to change, or stop it. Could it possibly be too much nutrients?

Hope you can help! Thanks!

:peace:

Edited by Agent 47 (08/31/10 11:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: Upward & Twisted Bud Leaves [Re: Agent 47]
    #470821 - 09/01/10 11:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Might be heat stress, are any of the plants leaves folding in on eachother too. The general color looks good so its probably not a nute thing.

--------------------

OfflineAgent 47
John

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Holland
Re: Upward & Twisted Bud Leaves [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #470824 - 09/01/10 11:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:
Might be heat stress, are any of the plants leaves folding in on eachother too. The general color looks good so its probably not a nute thing.

Uh I'm not 100 Perfect sure about that. Their pretty much just arching back and some get a little crazy. I've heard a bunch of this is could be. I guess time will tell for sure what it is, but I would be upset if those buds finished airy like they are now. Some one even mentioned re-veg.

--------------------

Agent Outdoor 2010

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom