Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineForrest Gump
 User Gallery
illustrated teks?
    #189909 - 01/27/09 07:25 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I am going to learn the art of hydro. Reason being: to keep a small stash of high quality strains of bud available some of the time. I do not want to grow a lot, or sell pot, or do a sea of green.

I'll be using flourescent lighting for this first little test grow. I've got a shit ton of flouro bulbs.  I want to try both inactive hydro methods - wick and reservoir - but without a pictoral to follow i fear im going to mess something up. My thumb is all blue not green at all. Any help , especially illustrative help, is appreciated. I want to see how reservoir and wick systems are actually set up because a lot of the words people use to describe it go way over my head. Visual is much better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: illustrated teks? [Re: Forrest Gump]
    #189926 - 01/27/09 08:22 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well...Everyone here is writing documents and now that you have asked for this I will try to write one up as well. Trying to get this site to the place it needs to be.

Anyway, I can gladly help you with them, and give you some guidance. Only problem is, is that I don't have any pictorials. I grow in soil, and I'm no artist...But I'll be glad to help.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineForrest Gump
 User Gallery
Re: illustrated teks? [Re: mhbound]
    #189981 - 01/27/09 12:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Now that i think about it if i just take pics of my setup, it can be critiqued with ease =)

I'll wrig something up tomorow real ghetto like. I'm not going to invest in high dollar strains and lights until i farmiliarize myself with the grow cycle, using some of these 10 dollar a gram bag seeds of mid grade. Should have some half decent genetics it took a 1/4 oz & a blunt to get 3 seeds from it. Round little buds too.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: illustrated teks? (moved) [Re: Forrest Gump]
    #189991 - 01/27/09 12:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

This thread was moved from Strains, Breeders & Seed Banks.

Reason:
More appropriate for the hydroponics sub-forum.

OfflineForrest Gump
 User Gallery
Re: illustrated teks? (moved) [Re: Sirius]
    #190291 - 01/28/09 08:49 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Is this the basic idea behind the passive reservoir system? reservoir with 2-3 inches of solution , set the plant pot in the reservoir and the holes in the bottom will absorb the solution as needed correct?

Or with a wick system do you ever have to take the wick out of the solution to avoid excessive buildup of nutes?

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #190312 - 01/28/09 01:49 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

What you are showing in the picture above will kill your plants. Roots need oxygen to survive, with the pot in water 24/7 the soil will be too saturated to get air to the roots. A passive wick system involves a rez like that with the plant pot elevated above the water and a wick running from inside the pot (buried in soil) down into the nutrients below. That way water moves slowly up the wick into the soil keeping it at an optimal moisture level.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineForrest Gump
 User Gallery
Re: illustrated teks? (moved) [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #190335 - 01/28/09 04:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you for pointing that out before I did something wreckless. Anyways i wont be doing the wick or my failed guess at a passive reservoir setup. Ordered an easy2grow hydroponic setup. Basicly it is 2 2gallon sized pots that are hooked to feeding tubes, and i attach these to an elevated reservoir. No electricity is used at all except for the lights. Since the pots are only 2 gallon i wont be letting my plants veg past 12 inches (safe idea?) i dont know if i should get a 400 watt HPS light or an MH.  I imagine the HPS because its supposed to help the budding stage, and the MH wouldn't be used to its full potential in 2 foot plants am i wrong here?  I do have some yellow and white flouros to compliment whatever hid i get.  Just 2 little plants im not about to skimp on light using just flouro. edit: i know its best to have both hps and mh but for this first grow im just picking one. Suggestions are more than welcome

Edited by Forrest Gump (01/28/09 04:11 PM)

Offlinepong
Male User Gallery

#191459 - 02/02/09 12:53 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

HEMPY BUCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+
Lucas formula

is what my n00b ass is gonna try out!

--------------------
MARIJUANNNANNANNNANNNANNNANNANNANNNNNANANANAAAAAAAAA!!!!

MY GROW

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder