Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

Re: Growery [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #185811 - 01/20/09 10:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

:rofl2:

Maybe so...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleperosiste
I controls the spice
 User Gallery

Loc: I controls the universe
Re: Growery [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #186018 - 01/21/09 04:43 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TripityDooDaDay said:
The Growery is going through a transition. Stick around. You seem to be good company. Shit is getting shifted around. Some is ending up in the right pile and some in the wrong but, the board is well enough backed to stand it all and come out better in the end. Geo has been doing some necessary cleaning. He made a very poor choice in choosing help imo as well as most others. That is going to be a stumbling block now but will work itself out in time.

I love this place and most of the regulars but some shit was making the place hostile and unwelcoming to new, potentially good contributors. Fun and games are one thing but this place is too new to be so hostile to new members. It will never grow that way unless you consider a new OTD as growth.

The loss of Coaster's contributions are a bigger blow than KP being made a mod in a way but then again Coaster can't his flooding so what else can be done if he won't or can't do it himself.

Don't get me wrong. I like Coaster and KP. I'm thinking about the good of the board overall though. I'd like to see this place make it. I like most of the regulars here and will miss this place and you all if gets worse than it is now. That is not going to happen as far as the site goes though. It's going to be here with or without any of us you all should realize. It's a well funded and supported business. Not some teen's blog. It doesn't belong to us. We are guests. Me a paying one for now with no renewal guaranteed or likely if this continues.

The turmoil this place is in now is only welcoming to flamers and pot stirrers. Is that what we want?

Use the damn support tickets or STFU. They exist for a reason. Yeah right. lol I'm not likely to shut up either so....

So I read this long heart felt letter, and this is what I got out of it.

We all seem to think (yes geo, another sweeping generalization that might be false) that geos magical spunk landed on the wrong guy for mod hood.  But came we really blame him (unless you consider the boomery rule that if you ask to be a mod your perm out of the running) things were getting a little wonky but it seemed like most of yall are good people, cept kp bc that little fag tried to get me banned from the first moment.  It was for this reason that I bought a supporter acct.  I wish there were more threads about growing weed, but meh what can you do.

COASTER - can you still open new threads in your journal?  Im pretty sure that if you can your journal will become more active than TSL.  It just seems like you've been a little depressed since you can't open new threads.  Maybe your journal can be a surrogate forum for the next year.

For the rest of you whiny assholes, buy a fucking supporter account.  Then you will have a lot more room to bitch about how the owner (geo) is running his site.  This shit aint free, maybe if everyone shells out a few bucks we can pay for coasters bandwidth and get him starting threads again.

For Kp, dude I really hope that the faggery wears off and you make a good mod.  Only time will tell.

--------------------
[quote]hemostats said:
like i said before

quite simply, you are a nuisance while i am a smooth criminal.[/quote]

OfflineNever_A_Frown
Primate #1
Male
Re: Growery [Re: highasfuck]
    #186022 - 01/21/09 04:44 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Growery has the gAIDS and a bad case of syphilis.

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Growery [Re: perosiste]
    #186045 - 01/21/09 06:56 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

perosiste said:
Quote:

TripityDooDaDay said:
The Growery is going through a transition. Stick around. You seem to be good company. Shit is getting shifted around. Some is ending up in the right pile and some in the wrong but, the board is well enough backed to stand it all and come out better in the end. Geo has been doing some necessary cleaning. He made a very poor choice in choosing help imo as well as most others. That is going to be a stumbling block now but will work itself out in time.

I love this place and most of the regulars but some shit was making the place hostile and unwelcoming to new, potentially good contributors. Fun and games are one thing but this place is too new to be so hostile to new members. It will never grow that way unless you consider a new OTD as growth.

The loss of Coaster's contributions are a bigger blow than KP being made a mod in a way but then again Coaster can't his flooding so what else can be done if he won't or can't do it himself.

Don't get me wrong. I like Coaster and KP. I'm thinking about the good of the board overall though. I'd like to see this place make it. I like most of the regulars here and will miss this place and you all if gets worse than it is now. That is not going to happen as far as the site goes though. It's going to be here with or without any of us you all should realize. It's a well funded and supported business. Not some teen's blog. It doesn't belong to us. We are guests. Me a paying one for now with no renewal guaranteed or likely if this continues.

The turmoil this place is in now is only welcoming to flamers and pot stirrers. Is that what we want?

Use the damn support tickets or STFU. They exist for a reason. Yeah right. lol I'm not likely to shut up either so....

So I read this long heart felt letter, and this is what I got out of it.

We all seem to think (yes geo, another sweeping generalization that might be false) that geos magical spunk landed on the wrong guy for mod hood.  But came we really blame him (unless you consider the boomery rule that if you ask to be a mod your perm out of the running) things were getting a little wonky but it seemed like most of yall are good people, cept kp bc that little fag tried to get me banned from the first moment.  It was for this reason that I bought a supporter acct.  I wish there were more threads about growing weed, but meh what can you do.

COASTER - can you still open new threads in your journal?  Im pretty sure that if you can your journal will become more active than TSL.  It just seems like you've been a little depressed since you can't open new threads.  Maybe your journal can be a surrogate forum for the next year.

For the rest of you whiny assholes, buy a fucking supporter account.  Then you will have a lot more room to bitch about how the owner (geo) is running his site.  This shit aint free, maybe if everyone shells out a few bucks we can pay for coasters bandwidth and get him starting threads again.

For Kp, dude I really hope that the faggery wears off and you make a good mod.  Only time will tell.

goddamn, you fuckers sure like to bitch and moan. killerpicklez is fine, would you rather have had coaster or wowitch as a moderator?

oh, and i didn't know that coaster was not able to start new threads, and if that's true,  i think it's great and should have been done a long time ago. starting bullshit threads is exactly why he was banned from the shroomery. if you can't see that or think it's unfair, open your eyes, coaster's bullshit is annoying as fuck.

you want more growing threads? why don't you check out the cultivation forums, there's a bunch of them there. or why don't you start your own grow log, i'm assuming that you grow and if you don't, start growing and start a thread about it.

goddamn.

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Growery [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #186065 - 01/21/09 07:46 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i vote TripityDooDaDay new mod. demote kp.

that would be square as fuck.

and for fucks sake let coaster post his threads.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Growery [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #186122 - 01/21/09 11:15 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TripityDooDaDay said:

Its funny talking about giving new members a hard time.
I remember when I was a newbe here three people stand out from the first two months, KP who said my posts where to hard to follow or he just dont read all the post, MFDoom666 who just dont seem to like my ass oo well, and HAF whom as dalled me a fag more than wowitch420 ever had:rofl2:.

But all in all this is a good form full of good people and I like it here so Ill deal and bitch if I feel like it.
Good day to all.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Growery [Re: perosiste]
    #186154 - 01/21/09 12:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

perosiste said:
Quote:

TripityDooDaDay said:

[geo] made a very poor choice in choosing help imo as well as most others. That is going to be a stumbling block now but will work itself out in time.

We all seem to think (yes geo, another sweeping generalization that might be false) that geos magical spunk landed on the wrong guy for mod hood.

I have a high level of confidence in KillerPicklez' ability to be a positive keeper of this forum.  You don't see it, but he has been one of the most communicative new moderators we've had.  I can tell that his heart is in the right place and that he truly wants to become a positive influence here, helping the Growery grow while remaining an inviting and interesting place for the masses.  Not saying he won't make mistakes along the way, but it should go without saying that we all make mistakes.

There are only two substantive headwinds for KP so far as I can see.  The first is the fact that he is a n00b moderator, and the second is the fact that there remains a small group of detractors who seem to have it in for him.  However, given KP's willingness to receive advice and criticism, I believe that these detractors will not be successful in their attempts to derive reactionary or retaliatory action out of him.  Only time will tell, and to those of you who love to raise hell, just remember that unless you are attempting to see both sides of the coin, you're not really helping the community as a whole.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Growery [Re: geokills]
    #186179 - 01/21/09 01:09 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

not to mention the fact that he's a sun devil.  :thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
    #186205 - 01/21/09 01:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
there remains a small group of detractors who seem to have it in for him

hey look im even more qualified then kp to moderate according to this fool bwhaahhhaahahah :lol:

--------------------

OfflineJustice_Fish
Fustice_Jish
Male

Loc: CebèuQ
Re: Growery [Re: Coaster]
    #186209 - 01/21/09 01:47 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

coaster for mod:vaped:

this week is a huge mod-fest

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
Re: Growery [Re: Justice_Fish]
    #186221 - 01/21/09 02:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

lolz if a bunch of haters make u qualified to be a mod then im dank mod material :happyweed:

--------------------

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #186327 - 01/21/09 05:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Quote:

perosiste said:
Quote:

TripityDooDaDay said:

[geo] made a very poor choice in choosing help imo as well as most others. That is going to be a stumbling block now but will work itself out in time.

We all seem to think (yes geo, another sweeping generalization that might be false) that geos magical spunk landed on the wrong guy for mod hood.

I have a high level of confidence in KillerPicklez' ability to be a positive keeper of this forum.  You don't see it, but he has been one of the most communicative new moderators we've had.  I can tell that his heart is in the right place and that he truly wants to become a positive influence here, helping the Growery grow while remaining an inviting and interesting place for the masses.  Not saying he won't make mistakes along the way, but it should go without saying that we all make mistakes.

There are only two substantive headwinds for KP so far as I can see.  The first is the fact that he is a n00b moderator, and the second is the fact that there remains a small group of detractors who seem to have it in for him.  However, given KP's willingness to receive advice and criticism, I believe that these detractors will not be successful in their attempts to derive reactionary or retaliatory action out of him.  Only time will tell, and to those of you who love to raise hell, just remember that unless you are attempting to see both sides of the coin, you're not really helping the community as a whole.

I think kp will probably be okay as mod, the issue here is that there were better candidates.

KPs posted another members private pics, hes always bitching and moaning. harassing new members and insisting they are puppets, and just general annoyance.  He's not disliked on this forum for no reason, he's disliked on this forum because of his general behavior in the past.

None of this means he can't be a good mod, but i think the reason a lot of the growery is mad is because there were far better choices management didn't notice because they are never here.

Mel, or Anna would both have been better candidates to get the nod than kp.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Growery [Re: Doitagain]
    #186337 - 01/21/09 06:04 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

mel_lonta_tauda was approached for a mod position the same time as KP.  I held off on the implementation because of his stated intention to travel, indicating that he wouldn't be around as much; and told him that as soon as he had more time available he could shoot me a PM and we'd get him all set up.  Rethinking the matter after having witnessed the level of discontent expressed here, I hastened his implementation and he is indeed a moderator at the present moment.

On the matter of KP posting pictures of another user.  I did look into the situation and understand that said user had distributed these pictures to both himself as well as several other users here.  It is NOT our responsibility to enforce someone's personal change of mind.  If they did not want their picture to be publicly available on the internet, it should never have been uploaded in the first place.  A female user on the Shroomery sent out several pictures of herself in provocative poses years ago, obviously looking for attention, and then comes crying about it whenever they pop up?  Come on.  People who send images of themselves to anonymous posters on a message board should EXPECT those images to be circulated.  That said, the recurring harassment or trolling of specific users will not be tolerated.  It is obvious however, that KP is not harassing or trolling said user, as she herself has made note that things are fine.

Lastly, it is clear to me given his PM's and use of the Mod Forum that KP is trying to be fair and balanced.  He is new to this whole thing so cut him some slack.  If he is out of line henceforth, I invite you to PM me the links and details and I will deal with it.  It's not like once you're a mod you can do whatever you want - we expect our staffers to act with respect for and consideration of our entire membership.  It is your duty as a fellow member to report any inappropriate activity on behalf of a staffer to an administrator via PM or the Support Ticket system.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinescamy
Stranger
Re: Growery [Re: Coaster]
    #260434 - 08/06/09 07:44 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

to much to tell

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Growery [Re: scamy]
    #260478 - 08/06/09 10:41 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

this is like the 5th or so thread you bumped man....thats a nono around here

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinesnufkin
Male
Re: Growery [Re: scamy]
    #260578 - 08/06/09 01:42 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

scamy said:
to much to tell

Post count means nothing.

--------------------
Grows: 1 2

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Growery [Re: snufkin]
    #260582 - 08/06/09 01:45 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

ummm, i didn't get that memo.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck