Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChronica

Loc: Canada
Re: energy use poll [Re: coda]
    #14493 - 04/28/08 12:35 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
if you're area is really hot in the summer you're going to want to run your lights at night during the 12/12 cycle. Makes it a lot easier to keep the room at a decent temp, plus if you run your grow at night while you sleep you'll consume less electricity unless you like sleeping with all the lights in your house on.

hows this work?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: energy use poll [Re: Chronica]
    #14503 - 04/28/08 12:55 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

invalid poll no STAL

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Invisibledutchmushroom
Gratefuly Dead
Male

Loc: Dodge
Re: energy use poll [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #14515 - 04/28/08 01:31 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you ever find something to hang that light up with man?

peace out Dm

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill"

"The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began"

250w Digital HPS Growlight kit, ballast/lightbulb/reflector +Organic Botanicare Pure Blend Pro nutes Sale or Trade

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: energy use poll [Re: Chronica]
    #14581 - 04/28/08 10:43 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Chronica said:
Quote:

coda said:
if you're area is really hot in the summer you're going to want to run your lights at night during the 12/12 cycle. Makes it a lot easier to keep the room at a decent temp, plus if you run your grow at night while you sleep you'll consume less electricity unless you like sleeping with all the lights in your house on.

hows this work?

By setting your timer to turn the lights on at night and off in the morning/afternoon.

I run my lights from 9 pm to 9 am for my 12/12 cycle. Highest temps have been 84, lowest temps have been low 70's (with the lights on).

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: energy use poll [Re: coda]
    #33646 - 05/19/08 06:46 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
true, but, even a lamp that's 20% more efficient will only save you a few dollars a month and around 100 dollars per year.

Not to bump an old thread, but I was searching for this while contemplating whether or not my friend should pay an extra $150 for a digital ballast, and in a year the decrease in energy usage alone almost pays for the difference, even if it doesn't seem much month by month. This helps alleviate some of the concern he's having about paying that much more. :wink:

Is it really true though, that the bulbs typically last three times as long? The savings there would really make it worth the initial investment. :yesnod:

I'm reading that the digital ballasts have 30-40% more lumen output than the magnetic ballasts. Is this where the 20% savings in electricity comes from, or is that simply due to the fact that it loses less watts converting from the power supply to the lamp, and the boosted lumen output due to the fact that the microprocessors involved with the lamp cause the ballast to use the lamp more efficiently as well?
:strokebeard:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds