Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleToiletduk
Head Goon

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: kitty like pot [Re: usg543]
    #112366 - 08/21/08 11:45 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I dunno if cats get high off eating weed leaves, but my old cat sure loved eating the plant I had growing in my closet when I was in college.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFerris
Psychedelic Journeyman

#112371 - 08/21/08 12:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I don't get how or why you're trying to extrapolate my statements.

While a cat is typically a carnivore (meat is very easy to digest), the cat gut (stomach and intestines) is extremely short and simple compared to those of some of the highly specialized herbivores.  Or a better example in this case, folivores (leaf eaters).  While the cat may have a difficult time digesting the cellulose in the plant matter (my cat used to like eating grass then "purging"), that's not to say that it's completely inedible, and it sure as hell has nutritious value (it's mostly organic carbon, or some such important material).

So argue against that (I'm no biologist), and we'll listen.

InvisibleSativus
Brosef Knecht
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: kitty like pot [Re: Ferris]
    #112372 - 08/21/08 12:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Of course the cat starts out eating it beacuse it's a leaves, and cats like to chew on leaves.  But a cat has a much lower body weight that a human, so it's not inconceivable that a couple of leaves contain enough THC to get kitty buzzed.

How are you so sure that kitty don't get high?

--------------------
Bufotenin
PiHKAL|TiHKAL|PCPiHKAL
Rhodium|Wetdreams|Synthetikal
DMT Extraction Overview|Jungle Spice
I Discovered the Oakridge Strain

Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

Re: kitty like pot [Re: Sativus]
    #112384 - 08/21/08 12:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

im  not debating getting high, i doubt it, but its moot.  my point is hte cat has no knowledge of this.  it eats the leaves because it wants to eat plant leaves, the getting high part is secondary and incidental

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#112464 - 08/21/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

the first time a cat eats a pot leaf, yes, i agree. (unless it could somehow know)

what, do you think a cat has no memory? ridiculous. if it goes back and eats it again, then it knows the effects (if it has any).

but:

fact is, no one (maybe an expert does) knows if a cat eating a pot leaf will cause a cat to get high.

but calling marijuana just any plant, is quite absurd. it's psychoactive (to humans and some animals at least), and even though our brain chemistrys are different, cats can get 'high' (aka effects) through pot smoke. (smoke is very unhealthy for them).

so if cats can get high just as we can through smoking pot, i personally (this is my opinion) think they could possibly get high through eating pot just as us.

and although eating weed plain, especially a leaf, is extremely inefficient (at getting you high), who are you to say the cats don't have the proper enzyme to 'digest' the thc and other cannaboids?

and although it is just a leaf, it still contains traces of thc, which could theoretically be enough to get an animal (that can get high off eating a pot leaf) high.

cats get a 'high' off catnip, it is a plant. so i do not see how you guys can automatically assume because marijuana "is just a plant," that the cats will not get high.

that goes back to your original assumption, which is why i find what you said retarded and unfounded since you have no scientific data at all to back this up. you might be right, you might be wrong, but why spread information that may or may not be false?

OfflinePhriend
/\/\♠♠♠/\/\
Male User Gallery

Loc: in the walls
Re: kitty like pot [Re: yellownotepad]
    #112465 - 08/21/08 04:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
im  not debating getting high, i doubt it, but its moot.  my point is hte cat has no knowledge of this.  it eats the leaves because it wants to eat plant leaves, the getting high part is secondary and incidental

:haha:
you dont any scientific data to back that up

--------------------

InvisibleSativus
Brosef Knecht
Male User Gallery

Re: kitty like pot [Re: yellownotepad]
    #112468 - 08/21/08 05:07 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:

lol wut?  If the cats eats leaves and gets high, it's gonna do it again, more eagerly (as long as it's the sort of kitty that likes getting high).

How the fuck is that a moot point?

--------------------
Bufotenin
PiHKAL|TiHKAL|PCPiHKAL

OfflineFerris
Psychedelic Journeyman

#112469 - 08/21/08 05:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, I thought we were all taking for granted that THC is only activated at a certain temperature (ie not room temperature).  Assuming for some reason that cat's get high off non-activated THC is a dumb assumption.  Scientific argument?  Occums razor

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#112470 - 08/21/08 05:30 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

you can't possibly be that stupid. do you think humans and animals (specifically cats) digest things exactly alike??? fuck no they don't.

did you even finish highschool??? jesus christ. :flowstone:

OfflineFerris
Psychedelic Journeyman

#112471 - 08/21/08 05:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You do know what Occum's Razor is, right?  I covered that with those two words.  Balls in your court if you want to overcome that obstacle, because it puts the burden of evidence on the most complicated statement.  In this case, that's the one that says something will happen (the cat getting high), rather than assuming that a chemical will be inert to a neurochemical receptor, which would be the most likely scenario.

I was a cognitive sciences major before I switched to electrical engineering by the way.

InvisibleSativus
Brosef Knecht
Male User Gallery

#112474 - 08/21/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, we all know that eating plain bud won't get you high :rolleyes:

There's THC in the plant before you heat it.  The THCA turns to THC with heat.  There's also plenty of other active cannabinoids floating around in there.

THC does not need to be heat-activated, THC is the good you want to be smoking.

--------------------
Bufotenin
PiHKAL|TiHKAL|PCPiHKAL

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#112473 - 08/21/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

...cats can get high(at least from pot smoke). i think it's safe to say this.

the question is, can they get high from simply eating pot leafs -- not if they can get high from THC.

also, when you eat plain weed, you still get some (very little) THC/etc into your body. they heating/fats/etc. is just to maximize the amount that you do digest and use to make it way more effective.

and i don't care what the fuck you planned on majoring in, you are still a dumbass.

OfflineFerris
Psychedelic Journeyman

#112476 - 08/21/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

None of that changes my argument that the damn cat's probably not getting high.

USG, nice fall back in your position, you basically said everything I already said that was true in an effort to make your posts look more valid.  Doesn't change the fact that you were just saying that cat's can get high off non-activated thc (ie thca), which is a completely different chemical.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#112477 - 08/21/08 05:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

ok you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

first, the correct term for 'activating'(as you call it) thc is called decarboxylation.

THC acids are converted to THC by the action of heat (they lose a carboxyl group as CO2 and H2O). This normally happens when the pot is burned, but also when it's cooked.

now...

decarboxylation does/will occur naturally without heat.

so you can eat 'raw'/plain weed and still get high. (obviously you will have to eat a lot more than what you are used to)

but go eat a pound of weed and tell me you don't get high.

OfflineSacrament
XaNaX
Male

#112478 - 08/21/08 05:56 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

THC is amazing.
Lets just all agree

--------------------
Who the boss nigga?

OfflineFerris
Psychedelic Journeyman

#112479 - 08/21/08 05:57 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Activating means "to activate."  THC is an "active" chemical, meaning it gets you high.  Therefore the term was correct, but everytime I use big words, you call me a pompous ass and attack my education.

I'd still like to see documentation that someone can get high off the amount of decarboxylated thca that one would get through a normal digestion process (almost none I would suspect), that one could imagine could possibly be digested (be liberal if you must in this estimate).  Second, a video of a cat getting high off eating pot would go a long way, because I'm sure if it was possible, there would be videos of it, because I've heard of cat's eating pot plants ALL the time.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#112480 - 08/21/08 05:57 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

double post oops

Edited by usg543 (08/21/08 05:59 PM)

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#112481 - 08/21/08 05:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
doesn't change the fact that you were just saying that cat's can get high off non-activated thc

i never said that. stop assuming. i just told you and yellownotepad to prove it. you have no scientific data to back up your claim. making assumptions based on nothing.

anything that was my opinion, i put: (this is my personal opinion). and yes i think it is possible. but i'm not sure, and i'm definitely not trying to pass it off as fact.

but oh you are so sure.  :rolleyes:

OfflineFerris
Psychedelic Journeyman

#112483 - 08/21/08 06:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm saying that yellownotepad's opinion was much less complicated and therefore much less likely.  I never assumed that you were taking more than the opposing position to that argument, since you called me an idiot for saying that.  (it's true too)

occums razor, look it up

InvisibleSativus
Brosef Knecht
Male User Gallery

#112484 - 08/21/08 06:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Learn to spell Occam and I might consider your argument :smirk:

--------------------
Bufotenin
PiHKAL|TiHKAL|PCPiHKAL

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds