Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
Questions on decarboxylating canna-coconut oil
    #755370 - 10/31/14 02:37 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

The cannabis infused coconut oil I made didn't turn out as potent as I thought it would.

My questions...If I place the canna-coconut oil in a proper bowl, and put it in the oven at/around 250F for 30 to 45 minutes, will this help to further decarb the THC that's infused in the oil, ultimately making the oil more potent? Sounds like a stupid question now that I'm typing it, I don't see why it wouldn't though. The smoke point of coconut oil is around 350F so I don't suspect it would start to break down the oil or funk up the taste either....would it?

I prefer to eat the stuff straight or on toast, but if the canna-coco-oil is used in brownies, will the THC continue to decarb a noticeable amount during the 20 to 30 minutes of baking?

How it was made.....14g of decent (not top shelf, but not shabby) nugs were put into 3/4 cup of coconut oil and 3/4 cup of water.  Before starting the infusion I decarboxylated the bud for 20 minutes @ 225f to 250f, 10 minute more as the oven cooled. The oil/water was on the double boiler for a little over 5 hours. I have a feeling I could have gone longer with the decarb, that's why I'm asking if I can somehow do that with the THC already infused in the oil or if baking alone will help. I know I could have gone longer with the infusion too, but that amount of time has worked for others.

I ate a tablespoon of the canna-coco-oil yesterday, which would be somewhere around a grams worth of cannabis, and it didn't quite get me where I thought it would. A gram taken orally should have had me at the epitome of stoned. It still provided a very pleasant & long lasting buzz, warmth & love in the body along with a lifted hazey head-space, and when I did go to sleep 7 hours later after eating it I slept better than I have in a long while....it was just milder than I suspected it would be.

The stuff tasted delicious though...I enjoy the texture of coconut oil melting in the mouth and I'm one that digs the taste of pot.

-OM

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Questions on decarboxylating canna-coconut oil [Re: openmind]
    #755566 - 11/01/14 01:08 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

if you bake with it it will decarboxilate then. Just keep the oven at a level that won't burn the THC, might get gooey brownies.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds