Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
I feel like such a douchebag... lol
    #683737 - 08/29/13 10:09 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Never in my life have I been so fucking happy to meet someone with cancer!

I was at the farmer's market yesterday selling our bread and baked goods. When I got there to set up, there was a new lady next to me selling some artsy stuff. We struck u conversation, and chatted for almost the entire three hours of the market (it was slow as fuck, made a little under $100), and towards the end she mentioned she had cancer that had metastasized to her lymph nodes, and she was in the final stages of fighting it. Being in the VERY conservative part of our state, I very cautiously decided to ask her if the used cannabis to help her symptoms (I NEVER talk to anyone at my work about weed, since it's my place of business and I don't want to get a reputation as "that pothead baker"), and she said yes she does.

So the follow up question of "do you grow your own meds instead of paying ridiculous prices for them?" was answered by "It ended up being more expensive for me. I got less meds than I spent on electricity and the equipment. So I just buy from a local delivery guy who delivery anything I need right to my door." I told her I used to grow myself before I moved last fall, and I could help her get set up and growing her own meds very easily! We exchanged numbers and I'm now just waiting for her to contact me so we can get things started...

I know I hear a lot of horror stories of people with partners getting screwed over; shit, I experienced it for myself just last summer when my partner refused to help pay for the AC units we needed to buy for the grow room. But I just HAVE to start growing again. I can't keep paying this crap of $50 for less than 4 grams! It's crazy to spend that much cash on something I know I can grow myself just as well!

--------------------
My best run so far

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: I feel like such a douchebag... lol [Re: Tank333]
    #683765 - 08/29/13 01:49 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Good for you, helping that lady out. :thumbup:

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: I feel like such a douchebag... lol [Re: nannybooboo]
    #683767 - 08/29/13 02:15 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

You're a good dude man. 5 :leaf: for you.

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: I feel like such a douchebag... lol [Re: Sham87]
    #683830 - 08/30/13 05:47 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

so why should you feel like a douche bag?

just do 3 things....

-Show her how to grow some crankin meds with bad ass yields

-sell some of the excess of the harvest and pay for her investment in the original grow equipment.

-then make her some Phoenix Tears and cure her cancer.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: I feel like such a douchebag... lol [Re: nannybooboo]
    #683851 - 08/30/13 02:26 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
so why should you feel like a douche bag?

just do 3 things....

-Show her how to grow some crankin meds with bad ass yields

-sell some of the excess of the harvest and pay for her investment in the original grow equipment.

-then make her some Phoenix Tears and cure her cancer.

I guess part of the reason I feel like such a dick is because I really didn't like her too much. lol. Before she mentioned she had cancer, I was kinda just grimacing and making polite conversation because that's what I do when I'm at work. If I didn't HAVE to be there, I wouldn't have spent more than 2 minutes talking to her before she annoyed me to the point of walking away!

I'll definitely be showing her how to grow it herself, but it'll be my equipment that we're gonna use to grow with. I'm half tempted to do soil though, because I'm not sure if I want my very nice and expensive hydro system to be set up in someone else's house... lol. If SHE wants to throw down on her own, that's different. But we'll see how it goes.

Making oil is going to be my #1 priority with this grow. It's what she needs for her cancer, and it's what my wife and I use to medicate with. I'm not counting on this an a source of income (at least to start with), so I'm figuring close to 75% or more of the finished product will be used to make some VERY high quality oil. I might even consider purchasing a recovery system to make the oil that much cheaper, too. Running a pound or two of straight bud would take a whole lot of butane... HAHA! The other 25% I would probably take to a dispensary to help offset the costs of the lighting, AC, and nutes.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: I feel like such a douchebag... lol [Re: Tank333]
    #683880 - 08/30/13 08:13 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

This is a great thing you are doing.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: I feel like such a douchebag... lol [Re: KaptKid]
    #683954 - 09/01/13 03:54 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
This is a great thing you are doing.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies