Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTreeOfLife
Stranger
600w Investment?????????
    #447549 - 07/17/10 12:54 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hello i live in cali and recently gotmy recommendation but now am looking at supplying some other patients with good herb. I knowhow to grow ive done little personal grows. i was going to spend 1000 total for a 600w hps cooltube 3x3 grow tent with carbon filter hooked up to the exhaust. is it worth the investment though? i dont really know anyone only a couple people. i was going to grow 6 plants. 2 purple haze 2 g13haze and 2 vanilla kush. ofcourse id start with more so incase of males and such. the tent is 3.4x3.4 will this be good for 6 ? or should i get a 3.11x3.11? i was going to grow year round veg for 2 months yeild 300-500 grams expected per harvest. i could get like 3 harvests right? thats around 900- 1500 grams ayear. alot more than 1000 lol its worth the nvestment right? the thing is im also in college and i feel like the weed couple screw with my grades as it always does when i have weed i usually smoke ugh.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: 600w Investment????????? [Re: TreeOfLife]
    #447555 - 07/17/10 01:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

is im also in college and i feel like the weed couple screw with my grades as it always does when i have weed i usually smoke ugh.

what makes you think weed screw with your grades?? :confused:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflineTreeOfLife
Stranger
Re: 600w Investment????????? [Re: Shaggy420]
    #447557 - 07/17/10 01:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

dosent it kill brain cells? i know in high school id blaze and forget what i learned a little and my grades would drop

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#447559 - 07/17/10 01:20 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

NOOOO why does everybody belive this. watch a movie/documentary called the union, youll learn so much from it, i know i did.

i cant be bothered to go into detail but the study the govnerment done on cannabis killing brain cells was flawed.

basicly the monkeys that were being tested were forced to inhale cannabis smoke over a period of time without supplemented oxygen and it was the lack of oxygen which killed the brain cells, and even some of the monkeys :megacrankey:

something along the lines of that

but they decided it was the marijuana that caused it. :facepalm:

so cannabis does not kill brain cells.

and unless you go to school completley blazed you wont fail because of weed.

--------------------

Edited by Shaggy420 (07/17/10 01:23 PM)

Offlinecitizen13
Stranger

#447560 - 07/17/10 01:21 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TreeOfLife said:
dosent it kill brain cells? i know in high school id blaze and forget what i learned a little and my grades would drop

yeah...

i'm not sure you are best advocate for medical marijuana.

:stoned:

stop smoking weed while trying to study for your trig final and you will be fine.:thumbup:

edit: also, you don't need a premade growtent. white poly and pvc piping can turn into a growtent for about 30-40 dollars if you don't have a closet or room to get all mad scientist on.

--------------------
My current Growlog/DIY compendium

lock the doors and close the blinds, we're going for a ride.

Edited by citizen13 (07/17/10 01:22 PM)

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Loc: Silicon Sizzle, CA USA Flag
Re: 600w Investment????????? [Re: citizen13]
    #447652 - 07/17/10 06:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The Union: the business behind getting high

is the movie title. To be honest most of school and college is completely worthless! Don't believe me?

Even if you smoke weed daily, you will still learn reading, writing, science, math. But guess what? If you smoke weed it typically makes you focus on stuff you actually care about. How much of school or college to you actually retain; what 10% of all the crap they taught you?

Shit I remember 10 times more then I ever learned in school because it was what I wanted to learn. Plus tons of jobs do not require a college education; in fact some of the most successful jobs in the history of man see college as a completely worthless waste of time.

See most people who started their own business and are successful; shit business college is a joke compared to running a real business. What about the 5,000 other jobs + that exist that they do not have college for? Why are college graduates seen as worthless compared to someone with work experience? Simple! Working and learning are so damn different it is incredible. That is why I hate Corporate America, you are just working and not using your brain, ever.

Edited by fungi (07/17/10 06:22 PM)

OfflineTreeOfLife
Stranger
Re: 600w Investment????????? [Re: fungi]
    #447684 - 07/17/10 07:32 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i 100 percent agree but going to school and getting a good degree at a good school means better job. like wall street big. ya feel me nigga?

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#447716 - 07/17/10 10:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TreeOfLife said:

It affects your short term memory(doesn't kill brain cells, you're thinking of alcohol).

Getting baked and trying to study isn't a good idea.

I do 10 fold better in school when I don't smoke.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#447730 - 07/17/10 10:32 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Dude I smoke when I study, before class, sometimes I leave class smoke and come back. I also smoke before exams and I'm on the Deans List every semester, and maintain a steady 3.6 GPA. Don't believe that shit about losing brain cells.
Quote:

Plus tons of jobs do not require a college education; in fact some of the most successful jobs in the history of man see college as a completely worthless waste of time.

True, but "most" people don't get those jobs without college.

Quote:

going to school and getting a good degree at a good school means better job. like wall street big. ya feel me nigga?

I don't feel you because with that train of thought you will most likely never be able to make it out of the middle-class. If you really want to make it big take what you learned in college and do it yourself! Meaning start your own business don't work for someone else making them rich, when you can do the shit yourself. I make video games, so of course I'm gonna have to make some people rich off my ideas and work for about a good 10yrs just so I can make a name for myself. I already know their gonna have me do some dumb shit all day everyday like making eyes, or trees, or putting textures to metal, or making clouds, or water. Just to keep me from learning the industry, and putting their ass out of business since I'll be one of the ones actually doing the work. But I'm guaranteed after 5-10yrs I'll been have made a big enough name for myself I can walk out those doors and become a threat.
Point to this long as post is to never limit yourself, get all the book, DVDs, and Cd's you can find on what you're getting into, and find yourself a mentor in that field. That way you won't spend a lifetime making someone else rich off your hard work. I'm outtie 5000, I got some weed to smoke.

Oh yeah weed affects everyone different. Just cause I can smoke and retain info, and maintain good grades... Doesn't necessarily mean you can.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Re: 600w Investment????????? [Re: fungi]
    #447731 - 07/17/10 10:37 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

fungi said:
Even if you smoke weed daily, you will still learn reading, writing, science, math. But guess what? If you smoke weed it typically makes you focus on stuff you actually care about. How much of school or college to you actually retain; what 10% of all the crap they taught you?

Shit I remember 10 times more then I ever learned in school because it was what I wanted to learn. Plus tons of jobs do not require a college education; in fact some of the most successful jobs in the history of man see college as a completely worthless waste of time.

If you actually try in college you retain alot. I probably remember at least 75% of everything I've learned.

I use alot of what I've learned in everyday life. Always integrating new things I learn. I spend alot of time and ask my professors all kinds of things I've been wondering my life that has no direct association with what we where learning in class.

The ability to sit face to face and explain things learning little details that you never understood.

Learning by yourself can only get you so far.

Having all these people around me with decades of experience is truly a vault of knowledge.

You compared people going to college being worthless compared to people starting a big business...

That is just a ridiculous statement. It's like you think the only reason college exist is to get a big paycheck.

It's to learn. There 2 types of college students. Ones that go to get the money and ones that go to learn.

I want to learn. Getting a big paycheck is just a pleasant by product.

If your retaining only 10% of what you learn in school you have to be just sitting there not giving a fuck or retarded.

Quote:

Shit I remember 10 times more then I ever learned in school because it was what I wanted to learn

Take classes that interest you and you will learn plenty. Try to associate things your learning to things you do in your everyday life. Makes it fun and you retain it all.

It just baffles me. How do you sit in a class hours upon hours and only retain 10%? Maybe your getting to high before class.

OfflineTreeOfLife
Stranger
Re: 600w Investment????????? [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #447832 - 07/18/10 06:20 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

you can believe what you will but i know how to get to wall street how to open my own hedge fund and one day i hopefully will. to get CLIENTS you need a good education and history working for OTHERPEOPLE.  you need experience thats what makes BILLIONAIRES... and yeah i completely agree college is mostly a waste of time because i can teach myself whatever i want to thats what the internet and books are for

still though no one really answered my question is it worth the 1000 bucks?

or letting it compound over 20 years  can turn it into 100s of thousands...

EINSTEIN ONCE said compound interest is the most powerful force in the universer and when it comes to gettin money he was not wrong. the stock market trend following to be specific has proven successful since the market began. in high school i was studing the stuff reading like crazy infact id skip school just to watch CNBC on a regular basis. i dropped out my senior year then hot my GED went to community college for 2 years did very well and then transfered to a uni.

numbers baby..

now that i think about it i think i talked my self out lol hell i could turn 1000 into millions in time. but ofcourse i havea job and am saving more than that which will help... and may i say im high right now? off some ak47/whiterussian stuff. yeah.

I AM a turtle trader.... look them up specifically  richard dennis

OfflineTreeOfLife
Stranger
    #447833 - 07/18/10 06:24 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

and richard dennis is the man lol turned 1600 into 200 million in ten years? and hes against drug prohibition and helps campaigns YEAH BOY

Offlinecitizen13
Stranger

#447836 - 07/18/10 06:33 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:awewtf:

I am way too high to understand what I just read.:stoned:

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: 600w Investment????????? [Re: citizen13]
    #447853 - 07/18/10 09:05 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If you are going to make millions on wall street, then move on to make billions like the next Warren Buffet... Then what's a 1000 bucks?

And I never said you didn't need a good education,if I believed that do you think I would have 4 degrees?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #448529 - 07/19/10 10:24 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

1)Yea  3x3 grow space would be enough for 6 plants (depending on your method of growing). 
2)The number of harvest depend on genetics, skill and growing medium (Soil v. soil-less)
3) You could make ends meet with only a 400w

--------------------
x:tongue:

Edited by MushrooMan420 (07/19/10 10:26 PM)

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #448549 - 07/19/10 10:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TreeOfLife said:
i feel like the weed couple screw with my grades as it always does when i have weed i usually smoke ugh.

Same thing happens to me, just gotta start thinking Homework>Weed. A fat bowl is your reward for doing all your school shit, and hey, if you feel like you need a bowl when you get home from school then go ahead, just don't get stupid high until you finish your work
:costanza:

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: 600w Investment????????? [Re: T-Rex]
    #448782 - 07/20/10 11:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:
Quote:

TreeOfLife said:
i feel like the weed couple screw with my grades as it always does when i have weed i usually smoke ugh.

Same thing happens to me, just gotta start thinking Homework>Weed. A fat bowl is your reward for doing all your school shit, and hey, if you feel like you need a bowl when you get home from school then go ahead, just don't get stupid high until you finish your work
:costanza:

:highfive: just a little bit of weed makes studying more fun. but too much weed and studying becomes impossible.

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 600w Investment????????? [Re: Shaggy420]
    #449055 - 07/20/10 10:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies