Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefear.loathingSF
One toke over the line

Questions about investing in a better setup( for SCROG)
    #231428 - 05/24/09 05:10 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

So I have been working on my first grow and am close to starting flowering.  I have been thinking about how much I might harvest; and I have been thinking that I might be able to significantly increase my harvest with not too much more electricity or space.

I think that 6-7 oz. would be a reasonable guess at harvest time, and I am using 2x175W MH to light up a roughly 2x3ft. space.  I am looking at getting a nice 3'11"x3'11" grow tent with a 400/600 (switchable) MH/HPS setup with a hydrofarm reflector.  I think that the reflection from the tent, upgrade in lighting intensity and reflectors, and the ability to switch from a 400MH to 600HPS for flowering should make for some ideal growing conditions.  I have also read in a lot of places that you can harvest about 1 pound per meter squared in SCROG growing conditions.  DO you think a pound per harvest would be a realistic expectation with that setup?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions about investing in a better setup( for SCROG) [Re: fear.loathingSF]
    #231445 - 05/24/09 07:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It's definetly possible. Probly would take a couple of harvests to get to that quantity though. And if your going that far, you may want to look into co2 enrichment. I just ordered my tank setup, and it will hopefully be here by the end of the week. I'll try to keep you updated on the effects of it in my scrog, and in about 30days, i'll be able to post my harves quantities. And mine is a scrog setup on a 3x3 screen.

Offlinefear.loathingSF
One toke over the line

Re: Questions about investing in a better setup( for SCROG) [Re: Integra21]
    #231448 - 05/24/09 07:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ive actually already got a pressurized co2 cylinder and a regulator, its just in use on an aquarium right now.  I was planning on having the grow tent near a window, drawing in fresh air and taking out old air.  How significant could pressurized CO2 enrichment be in terms of harvest size?

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Questions about investing in a better setup( for SCROG) [Re: fear.loathingSF]
    #231493 - 05/24/09 09:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

A Hydrofarm Daystar or Radiant are excellent choices. You may want to go with the AC (6" flange) versions. 600W is right on for that size space. A good grower can get up to a gram per watt. Like stated above, don't expect that for now. It will probably take tweaking.

CO2 enrichment can significantly increase yields and it speeds up the growing cycle a great deal. You will definitely want a AC reflector in that scenario IMO. BTW Hydrofarm has everything needed but the tank for $125.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Offlinefear.loathingSF
One toke over the line

Re: Questions about investing in a better setup( for SCROG) [Re: ethnoguy]
    #231498 - 05/24/09 10:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

What do I need for a CO2 setup.  I have a CO2 cylinder with a Milwaukee regulator that has solenoid and a bubble counter.  Can I just attach some tubing to the regulator and put the other end of the tubing in front of a fan or something?

And I am planning on going with a radiant AC 6" reflector and a 400W MH for veg and 600W HPS for flowering.  For that setup, how many inline fans should I have in the ventilation tubing?

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #231514 - 05/24/09 11:31 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

you can "y" it and run a tube in if its close enough. Only problem you might have is needing a higher pressure for the flower room, and dont want to murder your aquarium, so you might have to invest in a dual pressure regulator like this one.
http://www.kegkits.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=DPReg
and have read a few journals of guys that regularly got 12oz. harvets, and the co2 enriched and it jumped to around 16oz give or take an oz.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck