Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

Loc: Oregon
"Budder" From BHO
    #499053 - 11/18/10 09:44 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have made BHO a few times, but just recently found out about this budder thing and whipping the oil into a more handlable texture

So i tried it lastnight with an ounce of bud and 6 cans of vector butane. I got a good amount of oil and decided to whip it

It wouldn't really change from oily to non-oily and i was getting confused, but all of the sudden i noticed it wouldnt re-melt from floating it on hot(165F) water,...but that it was a whole new texture.

It changed from oil to a gunk that when scraped just collects perfectly into a touchable ball of "budder"

:vaped:

My question is what is the difference between "budder" and normal BHO? Because i now have a nice ball of it..+more

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: "Budder" From BHO [Re: OregonChronic]
    #499057 - 11/18/10 09:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

My question is what is the difference between "budder" and normal BHO?

Well by what I've gathered "Budder" is BHO thats just been heated and whipped into a putty that's able to handled easier...

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

Re: "Budder" From BHO [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #499064 - 11/18/10 10:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

Well by what I've gathered "Budder" is BHO thats just been heated and whipped into a putty that's able to handled easier...

:vaped:

It tis Phyre

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

#499077 - 11/18/10 10:41 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

i think it kinda condenses it a bit...to where what you thought was a little bit, is actually more because it was whipped and condensed, ..making it "more potent" per little piece of it

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
This is Budder-- [Re: OregonChronic]
    #499103 - 11/18/10 11:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

While folks do sometimes simply whip BHO with a little heat to make a putty, what is termed "budder" is "kif, hash, or high-crystal organic buds" that has undergone isomerization and is than whipped or "tooled".

Here is a link to a published article that explains kind of what this is and where it comes from:
http://cannabisculture.com/articles/3589.html

I don't know that the exact technique is known outside of their circle of people.  Budderking even has certain genetics of plants in his possession which are said to be preferred for this process.

Budder isn't simply "cleaned-up", just whipped, frozen, or only isomerized.  It's all that.  As that article linked explains samples of budder from Budderking were analyzed by a laboratory in CA and one in particular was found to be %99 THC. ~P~

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

#499160 - 11/18/10 02:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psuper said:
While folks do sometimes simply whip BHO with a little heat to make a putty, what is termed "budder" is "kif, hash, or high-crystal organic buds" that has undergone isomerization and is than whipped or "tooled".

Here is a link to a published article that explains kind of what this is and where it comes from:
http://cannabisculture.com/articles/3589.html

I don't know that the exact technique is known outside of their circle of people.  Budderking even has certain genetics of plants in his possession which are said to be preferred for this process.

Budder isn't simply "cleaned-up", just whipped, frozen, or only isomerized.  It's all that.  As that article linked explains samples of budder from Budderking were analyzed by a laboratory in CA and one in particular was found to be %99 THC. ~P~

I need to add a couple points to this post I made:

A lot of folks are wondering how this stuff could actually be %99 pure if it isn't a completely clear substance.  That article makes some big claims and you have to trust what the "science" is saying without having all the science broken down in front of you, which is of course impractical in an article of that scope.

Budder supposedly isn't made with a specific type of oil or hash.  But it is done best with specific genetics. 

So budder is oil that has been through isomerization and isn't produced well by many strains of cannabis.  If you are looking to "whip" oils some folks around the internetz are reporting/claiming that this also is best done with certain genetics but I have personally seen at least some kind of desirable result/texture come from whipping/tooling high-quality BHO and differing grades of iso.

Now, that being said, you also need to go with Dr. Siekadellyk's definition above:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:

...because that is how many, many people are using the term.  Folks are "buddering" both iso and butane oil.

I think it's fair to predict that folks are not going to stop using the term to denote one or the other product, and that there indeed stands two separate connotations of the term.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

Re: "Budder" From BHO [Re: Psuper]
    #499882 - 11/21/10 10:24 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well it surely is mind blowingly potent :vaped:

My friend bought an oil dome and nail...I love it

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
Re: [Re: OregonChronic]
    #500324 - 11/23/10 01:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I would be eager to try some budder. I just heard of it yesterday from some video on YouTube.

It's this guy that someone else posted smoking bongs yesterday.

Edited by psyberpunk (11/23/10 01:48 PM)

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: [Re: psyberpunk]
    #500935 - 11/26/10 08:00 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

IT has changed to a more handelable texture.(heat and time)
also
I collect, Then re add a little iso alcohol to re-liquify, a few drops of h2o to bind to butane contaminates, and then put that into an oil bath at 220 to evaporate out the b/s, whipping it the whold time.
I didnt hear you mention you whip it.
I do that untill it smells like humoldt tincture then scrape it up. Almost like heroin at that point and the thc potencte breaks the rictor scale. Once dry ( a few seconds so collect hot) It breaks like heroin, goo but snaps( if you know what I mean) but completly handelable even when warmed.
I think the change to a butter is more time, heat, or strain, because those are the things that made mine like that(accidently cooking it to long) but maybe im wrong.

Hey that stuff, if you add to a bit of 220 proof and make a tincture.
nuff said!!!!

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

Re: [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #501620 - 11/29/10 10:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ero42oH2o said:
I collect, Then re add a little iso alcohol to re-liquify, a few drops of h2o to bind to butane contaminates, and then put that into an oil bath at 220 to evaporate out the b/s, whipping it the whold time.

Explain the iso alcohol step for me...i always worry about butane contams and would like to know how re-dissolving the oil in iso alcohol and adding a few drops of water and then re-evaporating could get rid of the butane contams? How?

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: [Re: OregonChronic]
    #501656 - 11/29/10 12:56 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OregonChronic said:
Quote:

Ero42oH2o said:

Explain the iso alcohol step for me...i always worry about butane contams and would like to know how re-dissolving the oil in iso alcohol and adding a few drops of water and then re-evaporating could get rid of the butane contams? How?

If you were worried that the butane had not been completely purged from the oil you could redissolve in iso and start evaporating again.  Butane purges at a lower temperature than alcohol does so you would be assured that any butane would have evaporated out upon finishing the alcohol purge.  This could take a little from some of the desirable flavors in the BHO. 

The oil bath can get hotter and stay warmer longer than a hot water bath.  Also the oil bath is steam, condensation free.

As far as water binding to some contaminants in butane Iam not sure about this, perhaps Ero42oH2o could expand on what he means.  Iam also not sure why you would add water to alcohol instead of just using a lower-proof bottle of alcohol to start with.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: [Re: Psuper]
    #503134 - 12/04/10 10:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hahaha

I keep high proof alcohol around. But yea i thought about the pre mix.

I got this info from Reading "Cannabis Alchemy" Shit really brings it way down.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/31388356/Cannabis-Alchemy-D-Gold

From experience if you add the water it comes out cleaner.
I've done alot of different ways.
+Just 220deg oil bath( i do it in the oil, with rope in the oil to keep the hash containing pyrex off the heating element.
+or re wetting with alcohol, and doing a charcoal filter.(sucked)
And the best
+220deg oil bath with enough alcohol to re wet the stuff.
And maybe 4 drops of h20 per expected gram.
also doing the steps in a timely manner seems important, and with  nothing less than a coffee filter for removing plant material.

sorry my reply is jumbled, i was drinking moonshine last night, and I just got over a 12 hr hangover.
Read the link, it's cool and maybe it explains what I didn't.
I heard that the contam's in butane bind to water from a few chemists I know. Maybe they are insane, well definatly, but they make good shit so I follow.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Edited by Ero42oH2o (12/04/10 10:53 PM)

Offlineimpgl

#508496 - 12/24/10 01:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

alright so does anyone have a tek or link on how to make budder/ BHO?

--------------------

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
Re: "Budder" From BHO [Re: impgl]
    #508699 - 12/25/10 03:40 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Search BHO Hash or Butane hash or any combo of the two and your guaranteed a result. Happy searching :thumbup:

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

Re: "Budder" From BHO [Re: impgl]
    #508946 - 12/26/10 02:30 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

impgl said:
alright so does anyone have a tek or link on how to make budder/ BHO?

I just pack either a half gallon milk jug or a glass turkey baster full with bud,...because a milk jug is HDPE plastic and it handles butane. A glass turkey baster with the rubber thing taken off can be used too.

So basically just spray butane through either a washed half gallon chocolate milk jug filled with weed or a glass turkey baster filled with weed or a stainless steel tube filled with weed.

Just put the little nozzle that comes with the butane tips in the milk jug or stainless steel tube or glass turkey baster and spray butane through it to let drip through a coffee filter out the other end and into a evaporation bowl

I just take the rubber squeeze thing off a glass turkey baster and pack with weed and spray butane through the skinny end and let it drip through a coffee filter out the wide end into a bowl to evap over hot water(dont let butane overboil).

And after all the butane evaps outside over hot water, take it inside and let the last bubbles pop by floating the bowl on 170F water. When you think all the butane has evaporated and all the bubbles have popped, just start "whipping it" with a butter knife or flathead screwdriver until it turns into a more "hardened" form.

Just keep stirring it or "whipping it" in circles and such over the hot water and soon it should harden into "budder". It can take a suprisingly long time to whip into budder sometimes

Just make sure any hot water you use to heat from the bottom isn't over 200F...I say purge it over 170F water and it works PERFECT.

Here's a vid on it

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

#509187 - 12/27/10 04:12 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I like the idea of using a small glass baster OregonChronic.  Though around here the glass shops sell little, and large, tubes that are made specifically for this process.  Many headshops, glass shops may be keeping these out of display and sometimes you have to ask to be shown them.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

#510014 - 12/30/10 05:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Here's an excerpt on isomerization of cannabis from an article on cannabis.com:

Direct isomerization

Sometimes if pot is totally rank and crappy, or you're dealing with a bunch of roaches, trimmings, or some other inferior source of THC it is desirable to go well beyond what a simple volatile solvent or super critical fluid extraction can do. You want to convert all those free available cannibidiols into more potent THC analogs and cannabinols.

This technique also will render a fully decarboxylized end product, as well as destroying many terpenes and aromatics which can improve or destroy a product depending on the original quality. It is important to understand this is not a full conversion to ƒ´9-THC, but to THC analogs and more active cannibidiols, and is included in this discussion more as an educational exercise. Basic isomerization takes place with a quick reflux of your cannabinoids in the presence of any H+ source (acid).

1. Treat your stuff as if it were a volatile solvent or critical fluid extraction.
2. With the remaining resin, dissolve it in a non-polar solvent. Be sure to use one that separates easily from water such as naphia or white gas.
3. Treat this mixture with sulphuric or hydrochloric acid until a pH around 1-2 is reached (approximately one drop of concentrated acid per gram of extract).
4. Place this in a reflux apparatus and cook it for about an hour. In case you¡¦re not familiar this is basically just Pyrex breaker with a large looped tube plugged into the top. This will cause the solution inside to be exposed to elevated pressures as well as temperatures, as well as preserving all of the original contents. Simply simply boiling the mixture in a small strong covered vessel can mimic it.
5. Wash what¡¦s left with water, keep the oil layer.
6. Neutralize your mix (bring it to pH 7.0) with a little Sodium Hydroxide solution (pH 9.0) or baking soda then rewash it with water. Save the oil layer again.
7. Allow your oil to evaporate and you should be left with a sticky amber liquid that contains almost pure THC.

I would recommend an extraction for a starting point, since if you start clean your product can only get much better. Once you¡¦ve obtained nearly pure THC, converting it to an acetate is supposed to produce more psychedelic like effects.

More THC analog modifications can be made (to yield pure ƒ´9 or ƒ´6 THC), but generally the consumption of the original products in these reactions makes them hardly worth while (usually 5-20% yeild, so it may be half as psychoactive but you have 5 times as much of it in the beginning).

:potleaf:

Here's a link to the complete article:
http://www.cannabis.com/growing/hashish-a-summary-of-hash-extraction-methods.html

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

#510654 - 01/02/11 09:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I aint fuckin with none of that :lol: Shit extractin dmt creeped me out with all that sodium hydroxide and naphtha so i went the organic way with pickling lime and d-limonene.

I dont need no more sodium hydroxide or naphtha for any extractions. Even using Vector butane, as pure as it is,...to make my oil creeps me out because it still leaves behind some white stain on a mirror when sprayed.

The day i find a source of PURE N-Butane that evaporates cleanly when sprayed on a mirror will be the day pigs fly.

Anyone know where i could probably get some PURE n-butane?

Offlinemattyyy
    #517706 - 01/23/11 08:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OregonChronic said:
I aint fuckin with none of that :lol: Shit extractin dmt creeped me out with all that sodium hydroxide and naphtha so i went the organic way with pickling lime and d-limonene.

I dont need no more sodium hydroxide or naphtha for any extractions. Even using Vector butane, as pure as it is,...to make my oil creeps me out because it still leaves behind some white stain on a mirror when sprayed.

The day i find a source of PURE N-Butane that evaporates cleanly when sprayed on a mirror will be the day pigs fly.

Anyone know where i could probably get some PURE n-butane?

I don't know, I've had the same problem so I just stick to alcohol extractions for the most part, plenty potent IMO .

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

Re: "Budder" From BHO [Re: mattyyy]
    #520730 - 01/29/11 01:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I would do an alcohol extract and then dissolve the alcohol extract with d-limonene and do a water wash on the d-limo

Dissolve your alcohol oil which should be chlorphyllic, into some d-limonene and then add the saturated d-limonene to a half pint of water

Mix good and let seperate so the water can leach the chlorphyll out the d-limo and then seperate the d-limo off the top with a turkey baster and evaporate

...Just something i thought of while blazin

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals