Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow (update june 3rd) *COMPLETED*
    #10281 - 04/23/08 10:03 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

* Type of Genetics-- Unknown, strain was a gift from a friend of a local cultivator

* Growth Medium(s)- FF:OF mixed with FF:Light Warrior
* Time Span- Came from clones.  Vegged for a few weeks, now on day 12 of 12/12 cycle
* Light Source(s) and Cycles- 600w HPS on 12/12
* Temperatures and Humidity Levels- 75F w/lights off 80-84F with lights on.  RH ranges from 40-48%
* Nutrient Combinations and Feeding Cycles- FF:Big bloom at 4 tbsp/gal  Sweet + heavy bloom at (right now) 1 tsp/gal.  Feed with big bloom every watering, feed with the S+HB every third watering right now
* Pruning Techniques- Removed some lower growth due to mildew infection
* Problems and How You Solved Them- Powdery Mildew, Neem oil and pruning killed the infection
* Harvest & Curing Methods- Wet trim, hang individual branches til dry, cure in glass jars.

Right now i have 5 plants in flower.  The strain was a gift from a friend, originally i had about 12 clones but only 5 made the cut.  I used a 50/50 mix of OF to LW because OF has proven to be pretty damn hot in the past and i wanted more control over the nutrient uptake.  Right now im growing in a 4x4 hydro hut, added an intake fan to improve air circulation and received a free inline fan from a friend to run my exhaust.  Temps still manage to remain in the 80's for now, i have a remote AC unit but i hate to run it because it's expensive and requires me to vent more hot air.

Everything has gone pretty smoothly, i flipped the lights when the plants hit about 10-12 inches, in about a week or so they've stretched another 6 at least.  Started seeing the beginnings of bud formation of day 3 of flowering, they're now becoming more pronounced and should start filling out here by the end of next week.  Already there is a noticeable smell when you open the door to my grow area, you can't smell it in the house but it's instantly apparent when you open the door.  Time for a scrubber i guess.  Dealt with my first powdery mildew infection.  Low temps + poor circulation + high RH * Low growth on the plant = headache.  Some neem oil and deft movements from my trimmers killed off the problem for now.  A quick dip of the clipped, affected, leaves in bleach killed off the mold spores (on the leaves at least) and a slight dampening of the soil with some neem spray (hopefully) killed off any mold spores on the soil surface.  It's been about a week since the infection and i see no signs of the infection returning.  I'll keep my fingers crossed :wink:

Not much else to report on, i'll get some pics up later when i have some more time.  Things are pretty boring right now because it's so early in the cycle.  Give it another two weeks and things will pick up.  I got a chance to smoke the final product and if i can get it to look half as nice as the stuff i smoked, i'll be a really happy person come june :laugh:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethcibling
 User Gallery

Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: coda]
    #10294 - 04/23/08 10:26 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Pictures man..pictures :stoned:

OfflineJrsxt

Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: thcibling]
    #10325 - 04/23/08 11:04 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, show us some pictures of this shit. Sounds pretty good :bongload:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Jrsxt]
    #10391 - 04/23/08 12:21 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ask and ye shall receive. Sorry about not posting photos before, they were unavailable to me until i came back home. First 5 pics are profiles of all my plants, i have an overhead group shot, then a picture of my exhaust system, where i exhaust my air to, and a picture of my intake system.

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#10398 - 04/23/08 12:27 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

healthy looking plants.

have you ever tried tying them over to get them to branch out?

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Yrat]
    #10425 - 04/23/08 12:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

yes sir, didn't have the time to train though. I wanted to be in and out of flowering by the end of may so it cut my veg time to almost nothing. As it is im already two weeks behind schedule, but, i wasn't planning on moving out until the earliest end of june. So as soon as the clones rooted and put out a little bit of new growth i transplanted, vegged for another week or so, then popped em into 12/12.

I also wanted to see how well the strain performed when i kept the plants small since that's direction i want to go in the future. Id rather have a bunch of small, trained, plants then a few massive ladies.

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#10435 - 04/23/08 12:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

gotcha.  i wasn't sure since that grow-room shot (i think) seems to have plenty of extra horizontal space. 

those will be some nice long colas tho!

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Yrat]
    #10512 - 04/23/08 01:32 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

it's got a decent amount of room, if i fill it i'll get enough herb to last me a few months at the least. Grow area is 4x4x7. I also have a 4x8x7 version of the hydro hut but it's not in use due to it's massive size lol.

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#10521 - 04/23/08 01:36 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

damn that's huge lol. only twice as big as your room tho... i'm sure u can squeeze it in somewhere haha

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflineEvan
Medical Marvel

Folding@home Statistics
    #10550 - 04/23/08 01:49 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Nice looks like your plants are healthy and well on their way. :thumbup:

Offlineandrewss

Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Evan]
    #10666 - 04/23/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Nice lookers... good luck to packing some weight on those girls :laugh: :crazy2:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: andrewss]
    #15558 - 04/30/08 10:22 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Day 17/18 update.

Not much is going on, buds are coming in nicely, plants have been doing pretty well. The larger ladies are showing sign of an N deficiency so i'll be giving them a nice boost of nutes tonight. Some heavy bloom and cal mag should do the trick. The little one is doing very well, once it got over the initial N deficiency it has stayed nice and green. Gave them a plain watering on sat but i think im going to skip that in the future. This week they'll get two doses of heavy bloom + sweet at full strength for soil, full strength big bloom all three waterings, full strength top max all three waterings, and one dose of full strength cal mag for the large ladies. Trichrome production is picking up quickly. All the calyxes and small leaves are getting nice and sugary. Larger fan leaves are starting to pick up a little as well. Powdery mildew came back this weekend so i used a small paintbrush and some neem oil solution to "paint" the affected leaves. This way i won't spray the new buds with neem oil and i'll also prevent the neem oil from burning all the leaves on the plant. I removed some lower bud sites from two ladies because they were not doing well. I also removed some small, yellowed, fan leaves that had been hit with the mildew. Didn't seem worth it to try and save them.

Anyways, here's some pics, nothing too impressive.

--------------------

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #15661 - 04/30/08 12:08 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

she purdy.:blush:

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

OfflineJadian

#18641 - 05/04/08 03:03 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Looking forward to seeing the bud from those ladies :wink:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Jadian]
    #19071 - 05/04/08 01:37 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yah so am i, buds are already getting super frosty. Some places just look like globs of resin.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #19222 - 05/04/08 02:52 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

And the pictures of such are where? :frown:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Sirius]
    #19696 - 05/04/08 10:59 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

soon as i get some AA's for the camera, can probably do it tomorrow.

--------------------

OfflineJadian

#19874 - 05/05/08 02:53 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Wish I had a camera to document the last few weeks. Harvested a few giants, one I got almost 4 ounces off!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Jadian]
    #20069 - 05/05/08 03:46 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

nice one.  Soon as i get into my new place the NYCD is going back into production :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineJadian

#20289 - 05/05/08 07:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Looking for any roommates that bring gifts? :tongue:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract