Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Some showing SEX! [Re: Harmoney]
    #95706 - 07/28/08 08:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I just let them go but I'm starting to like the idea of all topped plants, but I only have 2 this year that won't be "christmas trees" the rest are all natural  :devil:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarmoney
Stranger than you
Female User Gallery

Re: Some showing SEX! [Re: Inverted]
    #95906 - 07/29/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

that is cool sorry to hear you are having to let them go hope the rest do real good

--------------------
love the pink monster

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Some showing SEX! [Re: Harmoney]
    #96065 - 07/29/08 01:28 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Oh believe me topping is definately not necessary. I notice minimal yield differences on the topped or natural plants. I think it just gives them more surface area to do their thing... :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #96080 - 07/29/08 01:34 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

IMO. topping allows for a more even canopy and gives you a better yield if you consider the amount of top buds replacing pop corn buds.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: Some showing SEX! [Re: captain.koons]
    #96241 - 07/29/08 10:07 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Omg I wish I could post some pics right now, Our biggest plant is growing like 1/2 to 1 full inch every day!!!

Offlinetheman420

Re: Some showing SEX! [Re: Lucid]
    #96505 - 07/29/08 03:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

nice! looks likes your guys are doing hella nice, topping gives a better yeild considering that you get bigger buds at the top and more of them, i just like one big bud at the top! thats just me though:stoner:

my just got ate by some deer, fuckin bastards! even with a electric fence around em!!:mad2: that just leaves my topp44 which is beginning to look like a male to me now!FUCK!haha

--------------------
num,num,num.....mmmm......num,num,num

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Some showing SEX! [Re: theman420]
    #96569 - 07/29/08 03:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

OH man I feel bad for you, mmmm fucking deer, must.....not......lose......any to fucking deer this year!  We got a nice little perimeter set up and I haven't noticed any signs of animals in the area, we are using Fox and Coyote urine along with the fence so I think we have a pretty good security system in place....next is the spy cam...

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Some showing SEX! [Re: captain.koons]
    #96574 - 07/29/08 03:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
IMO. topping allows for a more even canopy and gives you a better yield if you consider the amount of top buds replacing pop corn buds.

I see where you are going with this....Have you ever grown in the great Outdoors!?  You do realize the light source (The Sun) moves throughout the sky, allowing all leaves on the plant to get hit with direct sunlight at some point throughout the day.  The popcorn buds theory doesn't really apply to me, i've never gotten more than 5-10% of the weight come from fluffy buds. Usually all nice big colas, along with many 1-4 gram buds even along the main stem where light penetration is a problem.

A canopy is important indoors when the lightsource does not move and is centered above the plants, with rays coming in from angles and not all from above like the sun would be, and it moves.

You see what i'm getting at? The sun penetrates even into the inner budsites outdoors because in the morning it may be blocked by a fan leaf etc... but throughout the 8 hours of direct sun, it's gonna be exposed to some direct sunlight almost guranteed... I'm having trouble helping you visualize this i'm pretty baked and tend to ramble...

Edit:  BTW with the plants becoming a christmas tree shape, there isn't really a canopy, and since we let our plants stretch a little bit at the beginning of veg. there is plenty of room between each branch/node to let light in, much like a Sativa plant would but it's actually just a stretched pure Indica that looks kinda lanky.

And one last thing... Considering everyone seems to hate on "popcorn buds"  In the past, the crystaliest nuggets on every one of my plants were the popcorn buds right next to the main stem, from the bottom to 3/4 of the way up the plant, protected from the elements outside by all the Fan Leaves that block them.  So popcorn buds are something I want not something to avoid....  Just trying to fill you guys in on what/how I like to grow!  :rofl:

Edited by Inverted (07/29/08 04:05 PM)

Offlinefantasy2reality
 User Gallery

#96902 - 07/29/08 08:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Agreed

Offlinetheman420

Re: Some showing SEX! [Re: fantasy2reality]
    #96949 - 07/29/08 09:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

hell ya! tell em how it is! thats why growing is so fun, you do it how you want it kinda like a Bonsai tree!haha

YEa i shulda put fox urine around mine but thought the electric fence would do, i feel like patrolling the neighbor hood with my 12guage now on the hunt for some deer... i need some spy cams to!! getting me paranoid already!

Theres nothing wrong with popcorn nugs a nug is a nug simply a fact better than any swag ive seen!

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: From seeds to Trees (Inverted's Grow Log) Outdoor 08 [Re: Inverted]
    #99845 - 08/01/08 02:47 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'll let the pics speak for me... :rofl:  They've grown 6 inches in the first week since they were transplanted into the ground! Now my hopes of a good yield are actually rising.  I mean with 10 females around 2 - 3 Feet, and another 12 from 1.5 - 2 Feet, I'm guessing to yield at least 2 Pounds. Possibly up to 4 if they keep exploding...hehe

P.S.  It got so hot and a couple of the potted plants dried up so much in just 2 days that they are wilted and yellowing on the bottom, I gave them and the rest of the ladies a nice drink and feeding of 15-30-15 nutes. They should be perked up by the afternoon tomorrow I would think.

--------------------

Edited by Inverted (08/01/08 02:51 AM)

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #99869 - 08/01/08 05:48 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Those are looking really nice dude. :super:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: From seeds to Trees (Inverted's Grow Log) Outdoor 08 [Re: Sirius]
    #102214 - 08/04/08 04:27 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I finally got my Gravity seedlings going! yay! For about 2 weeks or less they only had the Coteleydon leaves and the first true sets of leaves... I gave them the new nutrients I bought them (10-15-10 Liquid W/ Micronutes) And within ONLY 2 Days, This is what they have become! It's such good shit!

What do you think?  I know it's only going to yield like 5 grams but hey, I know that it came from the dankest bud I've ever gotten seeds out of so I'm willing to harvest the least amount possible from these couple girls.  For now I have them under 30 Watt CFL's and am thinking about starting them on a 13/11 light schedule to induce flowering for a couple weeks then put them outside to finish.

My other option is to keep them on 24 hours until my other plants are fully flowering then put it outside so it gets a little bit longer to veg before it flowers out.

P.S. Only 1 of my plants is fully into flowering, with a noticable gathering of stigmas/calyx's at the top of one of my potted plants that is going in the ground tomorrow, hopefully it is still a good choice rather than flowering it rootbound in the pot....

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#102248 - 08/04/08 06:55 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Here are some more pics of a few different ladies at the garden plot.  Also my super bushy topped plant and the little Gravity seedlings, that are separate from the garden, along with a list of how many of what I have going!

I have 10 plants that are either at this point or larger

10 More that are this Large!

And a few smaller ladies around 1 foot (not pic-worthy)

Here's some more of the SEXY GIRLS!

Top to one of the nice Bushes (yes they are finally bushing out!)

Yet another gorgeous top... :awesome:

2  Gravity Seedlings (Super Dank)

This plant was down to 2 FAN LEAVES at one point due to a terrible Aphid infestation that I took care of... Looks like topping made a crazy difference, this is BY FAR THE BUSHIEST PLANT!!!

I'm trying not to transplant this plant, Do you think I can flower this in this existing pot, it is 1 gallon full to the top, its not rootbound yet and is just beginning to flower...I've seen other people grow 6-7 footers in 4-5 gallons so I think i'm OK but what do you guys think?  (1.5 Ft)

--------------------

OfflineDJYoshaBYD
Grand-High Pooba Joo
Male

#102269 - 08/04/08 10:53 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I personally wouldnt do it, because its still going to to want to stretch its feet out.. lol.. you "can" do it, but I would not recommend it.. for maximum salvation, you want to make sure they have plenty of room to grow... just because they just started flowering, doesnt mean that they wont keep growing another foot or so up.. which means the roots are going to need more space..

--------------------
Joo Crop '08 - White Witch, White Widow, Some random bagseed

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: From seeds to Trees (Inverted's Grow Log) Outdoor 08 [Re: DJYoshaBYD]
    #103553 - 08/05/08 06:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I know it would benefit from larger root space but I can't let this plant get much bigger in the first place, and I've seen so many people's grows out there where they have a couple gallons for 5-6 feet and it's guranteed to be rootbound, they just say you need to water/nute them more often (every day) because it is pure roots and sucks everything up so fast.  But I think i'm just gonna transplant it anyways...

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#105054 - 08/07/08 12:26 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:grin:I'm smiling because when I checked on my babies tonight I noticed that the majority of them have just begun flowering, no groups of pistils yet but there are single pistils at every node basically and they are just forming at the top of the plant! :evil:

So here's a nice picture update!

BTW I tried to get a picture of every plant I have at this location. Sorry for the blurriness but I pretty much point and shoot when I don't want flashes all over the place at night... (there are only a couple plants shown more than once...heh so awesome.)

Tomorrow the rest of the potted plants go into their holes in the ground!  We've already lost so much yield potential due to keeping them in those pots, they dry out instantly and dont hold nutrients, so they will ALL be in the ground as of 24 hours from now!!! Thank fucking god... sorry I'm high as hell :evil:

--------------------

Edited by Inverted (09/08/08 12:17 AM)

Offlinetheman420

#105338 - 08/07/08 08:56 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

wOw man its looking nice!! good work so far...

today me and a buddy are going to do the tree method of growing we were looking threw a CC mag and found it awhile ago the plus are everything and the neg well lets not talk about. But deer cant get to em thats why i wantt o do plus how many people really look up at trees and find the right one?

--------------------

InvisibleJollyGreenJRayV
Mister
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North America
    #105748 - 08/07/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:rockon:

OfflineBlargIAmDead

Re: From seeds to Trees (Inverted's Grow Log) Outdoor 08 [Re: JollyGreenJRayV]
    #105912 - 08/07/08 10:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The downside to the tree method that I can think of is you have to fucking climb a tree to water them :smile:. But if you like tree and have opposable toes (I do :smile:) then it'll be okay I guess. Good luck with it. Don't fall.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies