Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: Flowering Picture Update! [Re: Inverted]
    #124765 - 09/22/08 10:28 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:gethigh:

Edited by Yrat (09/22/08 05:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Flowering Picture Update! [Re: Lucid]
    #124926 - 09/22/08 11:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

/\ /\  Thats me and you for the next 10 months... :rofl:      :devil:  :ganja:

Something nibbled at a branch until it was hanging by a thread so me and Lucid decided it would be sacrificed for a tester nug.  It's slightly premature but it would have fallen off and died anyhow... We are flash drying it so it will be ready to smoke tomorrow, will definately fill you in on how it is, even though it will be nothing like the finished product...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#127700 - 10/01/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:ganja:    Ok guys... Harvest is coming on Friday and I gotta say I really don't think I'll be achieving what I had hoped for but either way I think its gonna be a lot of smoke... I'd say around a Pound...

I'll have a picture update either tomorrow or on the day of harvest which is going to be an amazing Friday... You will like what you see

Frost is coming and I don't really have a choice of whether or not to let them finish, while some are ready, sativa's are gonna be premature...maybe I can bring them in during the cold nights....hmm

BTW My 2 little gravity sprouts that I started exactly 2 months ago are full fledge flowering now and are going to get around an Oz per plant which is amazing considering their age and how big I originally planned for them to be, I thought they would each grab 1 or 2  8th's per plant but they grew so fast they are over 2 feet tall with many branches to pack on the nugs, and they grew extremely uniform, both plants are almost Identical...

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #127900 - 10/02/08 07:12 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Looking forward to seeing the harvest, hopefully you can figure out something to do with the sativas. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #128090 - 10/02/08 03:55 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome! :flyhigh: :laugh:

Offlinetheman420

Re: Flowering Picture Update! [Re: Annom]
    #128098 - 10/02/08 04:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

how are they doing guys? are they coming up to harvest, what is the weather getting like up thery?

--------------------
num,num,num.....mmmm......num,num,num

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Flowering Picture Update! [Re: theman420]
    #128101 - 10/02/08 04:52 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I think he just said that they are going to harvest on Friday and that the weather is changing so that frosting at night is a concern. :wink:

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

Re: Flowering Picture Update! [Re: Sirius]
    #128143 - 10/02/08 07:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

ha i should read the new post! i hope everything goes well for ya man, i am getting afraid of frost to but i think we are suppose to get up in the 70's next week so that shoule help em out a bit more hopefully they will be done before the frost hits!

im abit more towards the south than you though.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Flowering Picture Update! [Re: theman420]
    #128203 - 10/02/08 11:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well we did it, 1/4 of the plants are trimmed, and some of them were just not ready but we couldn't risk the temps tonight, they would have died and they weren't growing anymore.  It was like they were paused in their growth. They may be immature but they are still crystally as hell so it doesnt really matter, about 1/3 are really ready. I'd say we yielded about 1 1/2 Lbs but we will see! More trimming and pictures of harvest tomorrow! :rofl:    :ganja:

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #128255 - 10/03/08 06:59 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Lucky bastard! :grin:

You're going to be all like :flyhigh:

--------------------

OfflinePetergriffin467
    #128516 - 10/03/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

As long as you check on plants everyday to make sure they are ok I dont get why you couldnt just let them go as long as they can.  If they die in the cold big deal thats what happens when you chop a plant anyway the buds are not going to be harmed in a 24 hour period. Congrats on the pound and a half tho I wish mine were gonna yield that much.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Flowering Picture Update! [Re: Petergriffin467]
    #128552 - 10/03/08 08:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Petergriffin467 said:
If they die in the cold big deal thats what happens when you chop a plant anyway

No, that's not what happens when you just chop a plant. The only thing that happens to a plant when you chop it is that it no longer is capable of the uptake of additional water and nutrients. It isn't as though the plant is just "dead". Obviously, ceasing all water uptake into a plant is going to result in the plant's processes to begin stopping, but the buds don't actually get damaged. Frost damage is different, in that the water in the cells actually freeze, which causes them to rupture, and the buds actually do get damaged. Also, for the same reasons why freezing trimming and buds that are to be used in hash-making is a good idea, as it makes the trichomes more brittle and loosens them up, frost damage to buds is a bad idea, because you're going to lose THC, which is why the plant is smoked in the first place, because it is physically more prone to simply falling straight off the plant.

That's why frost damage is a "big deal". Inverted knows what he is doing; that's why he has that pound and a half in the first place. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#128607 - 10/04/08 01:55 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thank You and Well Said Sirius.... :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinePetergriffin467
    #128771 - 10/04/08 12:48 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Thank You and Well Said Sirius.... :thumbup:

You say that like I was attacking you or something I was merely asking a question.  I've let outdoor plants go through 2 frosts before and they still had very little damage if any done to them, crystaly as fuck very potent and still got to finish not some stringy pre mautre bullshit.  I could give a shit when you chop it tho have fun smoking premature weed with a weak stone;)

Offlinetheman420

#128778 - 10/04/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

yes i wuld much rather smoke dense mature buds rather than stringy immature buds, ive let mine get hit with frost to get em tho and it almost seemed that they get a bit hardery. but sometimes its hard to tell if you should or shoudnt, this is what makes a grower a grower and a smoker a smoker.

But ive only done this 3 years with my outdoor plants, all i know is i grow buds to my preffence and nobody elses.

i would rather smoke a pound of mature ripe buds than a half a pound of pre mature bud.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #128860 - 10/04/08 07:05 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Petergriffin467 said:
You say that like I was attacking you or something I was merely asking a question.

What are you talking about? You didn't ask any question, and I don't see how I or Inverted thought you were attacking anyone. :wtf:

Quote:

I could give a shit when you chop it tho have fun smoking premature weed with a weak stone;)

Look, I'll make this clear to you once again: The cultivation forums are not for bullshit like this. If you feel the need to tell someone something like this, then send them a private message. This isn't acceptable.

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

#128889 - 10/04/08 08:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

inverted did do a good job i was reading in more detail that the sativas wernt done flowering i thought that it said they wernt done flowering a you yeild a pound and a halve of that! if you got a pound and a half of mature bud you done good.

any pics of the final harvest, it would be nice to see it all in one pile!!:grin:

--------------------

Offlinedude7932288
THC-Daddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: IN the crystals!
    #130194 - 10/08/08 12:52 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
Quote:

Petergriffin467 said:
If they die in the cold big deal thats what happens when you chop a plant anyway

No, that's not what happens when you just chop a plant. The only thing that happens to a plant when you chop it is that it no longer is capable of the uptake of additional water and nutrients. It isn't as though the plant is just "dead". Obviously, ceasing all water uptake into a plant is going to result in the plant's processes to begin stopping, but the buds don't actually get damaged. Frost damage is different, in that the water in the cells actually freeze, which causes them to rupture, and the buds actually do get damaged. Also, for the same reasons why freezing trimming and buds that are to be used in hash-making is a good idea, as it makes the trichomes more brittle and loosens them up, frost damage to buds is a bad idea, because you're going to lose THC, which is why the plant is smoked in the first place, because it is physically more prone to simply falling straight off the plant.

That's why frost damage is a "big deal". Inverted knows what he is doing; that's why he has that pound and a half in the first place. :wink:

that was soooooo corrected

--------------------
My First Grow

Edited by dude7932288 (10/08/08 12:55 AM)

OfflinePetergriffin467
Re: Flowering Picture Update! [Re: dude7932288]
    #130497 - 10/08/08 03:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

He could of let his plants go all the way till they were done he just got to antsy and worried that his plants would die in the frost and harvested early.  I almost did the exact same thing but I decided to let them go and see what happened, temps got down to 38 one night and were in the 40's for the rest of the week at night but my plants made it thru great and are still packing on weight.  All that happened is they turned a little bit purple from the cold but the trichs are still all there getting  and few if any heads were broken off.

Invisiblemaggotz

#130913 - 10/09/08 07:36 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

where are the harvest pics? :crankey:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies