Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Anyone have experience comparing FF "Ocean Forest" vs "Strawberry Fields"?
    #865319 - 03/07/24 11:03 AM (1 month, 19 days ago)

Indoor, soil, typically-ScrOG, been a few yrs since growing and have since restarted and gotten everything set back up and ready to go.

Have exclusive experience with Ocean Forest, but am seeing this Strawberry Fields from Fox Farms which iw supposed to be geared more towards flowering.

With what little bit of reading I've done, it looks to be fairly well-reviewed overall, if a little hot, but I haven't seen any serious side-by-sides comparing the use of Ocean Forest all the way through, vs Strawberry Fields all the way through, vs starting in Ocean Forest and transplanting/upsizing to Strawberry Fields post-veg.

Would it be worthwhile to try something like "Start & veg in Ocean Forest in solo cup --> 3gal bag/pot, filling screen as normal, then peel/cut away bag and transplant into ~5gal container with ~2gal Strawberry Fields"?

Or would most veterans recommend just avoiding the marketing stuff and sticking to the reliable, tried&true strategy of using only Ocean Forest until exhausting the soil's nutrient supply, and then continuing on past that point and into flowering, supplementing with liquid + micro nutes?

I like the idea of experimenting and all, especially if there's substantial room for improvement beyond what typical MO yields, but seeing as it's been a while, I'm still leaning towards "if it ain't broke, don't fx it" for the time being. Still, I'm curious if anyone's tried & applied this Strawberry Fields product and how they did so, what they noticed.

I could see it being useful for SoG or even autos, if it performed as-advertised :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Anyone have experience comparing FF "Ocean Forest" vs "Strawberry Fields"? [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #865320 - 03/07/24 01:10 PM (1 month, 19 days ago)

Most veteran soil growers mix their own soil, or at least reuse the stuff they buy by amending it with an organic amendment blend between rounds or as needed throughout the cycle.

That style of water only top dressed organics is what I'd pursue if you want to stick with soil.

I have no experience with strawberry fields, but a lot of people have better results with other soils, fox farm is just the easiest to find.  It wouldn't hurt to try running a few different brands side by side (if you have clones) to find which one works best for you, otherwise there's nothing wrong with sticking with what you know.

Running a small garden bed outdoors is a good way to practice organics as well, if you can grow healthy peppers and tomatoes, cannabis is not much different.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder