Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrippinballs420
Tits Mcgee
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Leaves turning rusty, tips curling downward
    #734059 - 05/31/14 11:29 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys, i just flipped my ladies into flowering 3 days ago and now i am having some problems, the leaves are curling downward like an eagles talons, and now getting rust colored. i fed with 2 new rounds of nutrients (FF grow big and then FF tiger bloom) in a row, worried maybe that fucked with them? but idk, used sledgehammer flush to flush the night before they got flipped, so its possible they have stopped getting worse really and the problem is already fixed

anyways heres the info

Growing from clone, probably 4 weeks since i got them from the shop..flipped into flowering 3 days ago
tallest plant is about 2 feet from soil, smallest about 1ft 4inches from soil
in 3 gallon pots
Soil: 2 parts FF ocean forest to 1 part FF light warrior
water every 3-4 days, whenever they are dry, using 1/2 gallon/pot tap water that has been pHd, every other watering was clear water until right before flowering, when a clear watering was skipped and 2 new rounds of nutes given in a row (FF grow big, then FF tiger bloom), then sledgehammer flush used right before flowering at 1 gallon per pot
put in 6.0pH because soil pH was 7....now soil pH between 6 and 6.6 for all of them
I use FF grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom nutes
no foliar spray
1kw MH for veg, HPS for flower 2 ft from bulb to closest plant
6.5' x 6.5' x 6.5' grow tent
Temp: 83 during light on, up to 90 while co2 runs and fan is off (only momentarily)  down to 70 with light off
humidity: around 30% at all times
Had spider mites a few weeks ago, treated with pure kapow, havent come back yet...have gnats around the area tho
I have one full grow under my belt, and i killed a bunch of seedlings a couple months ago, so not much experience at all

anyways, thanks for the help guys! my roommate was thinking heat stress? idk...

also the discoloration doesnt start from the veins either....starts from the middle between the veins

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGanjaganj
Stranger
Re: Leaves turning rusty, tips curling downward [Re: trippinballs420]
    #734200 - 06/02/14 02:36 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

The only thing Id guess given the information provided is the sledgehammer... Many people using a flushing agent, particularly early on in flower, will experience rusting, deficient looking leaves. This especially seems to be the case in soil. There are reports of this same off coloration and even burning continuing even after several flushes with just plain water.

This is actually very common with sledgehammer after lookin at it... However, the relatively large PH swing may be a partial culprit as well.

Flush with ph adjusted water (6.1-6.3 preferred) and hope for the best!

Good luck!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck