Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHamHead
H.A.M.
Male

Re: The get hamhead into the thunderdome thread [Re: kreg]
    #859496 - 11/08/22 08:25 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kreg said:
Quote:

HamHead said:
Oh, the Thunder Dome is calling my name right about now.

I really hope it's going to be like Twitter after Elon has taken over.

I am no longer afraid to post my mind on Twitter without fears of being censored or flagged for misinformation.

I can have actual conversations without having to dance around algorithms to avoid using naughty words.

Tell me, will I be banned from this Thunder Dome for speaking my mind?

Or will I be told I have to play nice and not be able to fully express my thoughts and opinions on what I've been perceiving.

twitters actually still fucked. People are still being wrongfully suspended

What for?

I saw KG got banned for impersonating Elon. He tweeted that anyone impersonating someone will be permabanned. I saw the guy from H3H3 podcast, Ethan Klein(?) I think is his name, same. Banned for changing his handle to Elon Musk.

Similar to how puppets get banned? Or, would impersonation be allowed here? Data? 

I've said some things that would have been flagged prior to Elon take over. Nothing hateful, just information that is seen as misinformation to the masses.

Research is a blast!

--------------------
"Until an infectious disease crisis is very real, present, and at an emergency threshold, it is often largely ignored. To sustain the funding base beyond the crisis, he said, we need to increase public understanding of the need for MCMs [medical countermeasures] such as a pan-influenza or pan-coronavirus vaccine. A key driver is the media, and the economics follow the hype. We need to use that hype to our advantage to get to the real issues. Investors will respond if they see profit at the end of process." - Peter Daszak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: The get hamhead into the thunderdome thread [Re: HamHead]
    #859501 - 11/09/22 02:16 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Similar to how puppets get banned? Or, would impersonation be allowed here? Data? 

Unapproved puppets will be banned here.

But that's also not the same thing. Puppets are the same person posing as multiple users, and other users can't tell the difference, so it opens up the risk of being manipulated, and allows single users to bypass content control features.

On Twitter, impersonators are multiple accounts trying to act like the same single person. Another big difference is, on Twitter, you have the profile name that shows up, and then you have the unique username handle for the account. You can change the account name to the exact name you want, but that username handle is unique and cant be the same as another account. That's equivalent to me changing my account title here to say "HamHead" and someone claiming that they can't tell your account from mine in threads, even though my account username is still listed as Data in all of my posts.

It's especially funny, because Twitter used to have a functional way of verifying individual accounts as being official to make it even more clear when someone was impersonating, and it was funny when you had parody accounts impersonating a real person, because it was (and still is) possible for individual users to tell the difference between a real person's account and the impersonators account.

Elon just doesn't like people taking advantage of his pay-to-verify system and his claims of first amendment protections and "comedy is now legal" and using it to make fun of him. :shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineHamHead
H.A.M.
Male

Re: The get hamhead into the thunderdome thread [Re: Data]
    #859508 - 11/09/22 07:29 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

That's intriguing. Is there an 'approved puppet'?

Being in the NFT space for almost a year now, I've seen a lot of scammers changing their twitter handles to match prominent figures within the space. They change a single letter in their @ handle to a similar looking letter/number or add an extra symbol or misspelling in some way.

An example would be changing the O in Elon to a 0, El0n. Yes, it's obvious to most people who pay attention to those sorts of things, but it does happen and people have been scammed out of money/crypto/NFTs falling prey to imposters.

I'm not sure if I'm able to pay the $8 for a blue check as I've been in time out a couple times within the past 12 months.

I see Catturd got one!

--------------------
"Until an infectious disease crisis is very real, present, and at an emergency threshold, it is often largely ignored. To sustain the funding base beyond the crisis, he said, we need to increase public understanding of the need for MCMs [medical countermeasures] such as a pan-influenza or pan-coronavirus vaccine. A key driver is the media, and the economics follow the hype. We need to use that hype to our advantage to get to the real issues. Investors will respond if they see profit at the end of process." - Peter Daszak

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#859509 - 11/09/22 07:56 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I'll give you any color ✔  you want for $8 :awehigh:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

OfflineHamHead
H.A.M.
Male

Re: The get hamhead into the thunderdome thread [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #859510 - 11/09/22 08:05 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

D
Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
I'll give you any color ✔  you want for $8 :awehigh:

You're not going to put me in time out for saying naughty things, will you?

:thecelery:

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#859511 - 11/09/22 08:25 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

For $8 per month you can say whatever you want lol (spirit_shadow is not responsible for the consequences of your statements)

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#859516 - 11/10/22 06:36 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:

Being in the NFT space for almost a year now, I've seen a lot of scammers changing their twitter handles to match prominent figures within the space. They change a single letter in their @ handle to a similar looking letter/number or add an extra symbol or misspelling in some way.

An example would be changing the O in Elon to a 0, El0n. Yes, it's obvious to most people who pay attention to those sorts of things, but it does happen and people have been scammed out of money/crypto/NFTs falling prey to imposters.

I'm not sure if I'm able to pay the $8 for a blue check as I've been in time out a couple times within the past 12 months.

I see Catturd got one!

Yes there is such a thing as an approved puppet, and it usually involves contacting and gaining approval with an admin.

Again, it feels like Twitter used to have some way of dealing with these scam accounts that is now short-circuited by an $8 monthly subscription.

Imagine if we started accepting money for the Trusted Cultivator tag, you'd have such a hard time figuring out which users are giving crappy info vs those who have proven themselves to be effective cultivators and offer up solid answers to cultivation questions.

The notion sounds pretty silly to me, but then again I don't spend much time on Twitter :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
H.A.M.
Male

#859560 - 11/11/22 05:46 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:
Quote:

HamHead said:

I see Catturd got one!

Yes there is such a thing as an approved puppet, and it usually involves contacting and gaining approval with an admin.

Again, it feels like Twitter used to have some way of dealing with these scam accounts that is now short-circuited by an $8 monthly subscription.

Imagine if we started accepting money for the Trusted Cultivator tag, you'd have such a hard time figuring out which users are giving crappy info vs those who have proven themselves to be effective cultivators and offer up solid answers to cultivation questions.

The notion sounds pretty silly to me, but then again I don't spend much time on Twitter :shrug:

So, it's a hierarchy.

I'm not surprised.

More power to ya!

:canthelpbutlaugh:

Elon giving everyone a chance with $8. I heard they were going for over $15k for a Blue Check, some well known people have tried and never have gotten one. For whatever reason.

I for one am thrilled to be able to talk freely on Twitter.

Another one towards the Thunder Dome! There any action in there?

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: The get hamhead into the thunderdome thread [Re: lowbrow]
    #859561 - 11/11/22 06:34 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

An old member stopped by to call us all drug addicts and then fucked off to whatever he's doing these days.

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
H.A.M.
Male

#859643 - 11/22/22 08:32 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Whew! Some serious censorship still going on!

Stoked at some of the news coming out these days!

People were saying Twitter was going to shut down.

Still going strong! Elon is active daily, it's nice to see.

Thunderdomw 2023, here I come!

:canthelpbutlaugh:

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
H.A.M.
Male

#859648 - 11/25/22 10:55 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

50 rounds to go!

These are like .22s going off.

Some bombs to drop in the Thunder Dome.

I enjoy being on Twitter, there's lots of people feeling more free than ever to speak their minds and share their stories.

Elon's doing a great job and interacting with many people. Happy to see some of the fat trimmed out of their office. Did you all see some of the videos of people walking through twitter HQ? Unreal.

Any who, I'm down in the trenches, as always, digging for gold!

--------------------

Offlinelowbrow
Stranger
    #859672 - 11/27/22 10:02 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I haven’t seen any of it yet.

OfflineHamHead
H.A.M.
Male

#859688 - 12/03/22 07:01 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

lowbrow said:
I haven’t seen any of it yet.

Not even a little?

I'm excited to start unloading.

There's lots of information!

More and more being revealed each day!

That Twitter fiasco is a good one!

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
H.A.M.
Male

#859772 - 01/08/23 01:31 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

LET'S GO THUNDERDOME!

TA TA TA-TA TA!!!

LET"S GO THUNDERDOME!!!

RAT TAT TAT-TAT-TAT!!!

Is viraldome around here.

The internet is a big place, some things I see in dark corners wouldn't be said so proudly on open platforms.

I know this isn't an open platform, that's why I hold my tongue until that THUNDERDOME!!!

LET'S GO THUNDERDOME!!!

I'm gonna get that place poppin' off, just you wait and see!

Is there anyone in there? Just nod if you can hear me!

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#859773 - 01/08/23 04:17 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

This place is more dead than usual, maybe a couple of posts a week across the whole forum, none in the Dome aside from the ban lottery.

You'll pretty much be talking to yourself in there. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
H.A.M.
Male

#859774 - 01/08/23 07:25 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:
This place is more dead than usual, maybe a couple of posts a week across the whole forum, none in the Dome aside from the ban lottery.

You'll pretty much be talking to yourself in there. :shrug:

Huh, couple post a week, sounds like we're all talking to ourselves!

That's OK, at least I won't have to self censor and can post without fears of being banned.

I'm really liking Twitter now that Elon has fully taken over. There's so much relevant information being shared, I'm sorta glad I was banned from that cesspool, it wasn't good for my health walking on egg shells on a daily basis.

Feels good. Or maybe that's just from supplementing vitamin D?

Happy New Years, BTW! I'm stoked for 2023! Already heating up to be a good year.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#859776 - 01/09/23 09:30 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
That's OK, at least I won't have to self censor and can post without fears of being banned.

To be clear, banning is at the discretion of the mods, and you can still be banned in OTD. I try to keep out of there unless there us blatant racism and/or calls to violence of any sort.

That said, I will also give you fair warning. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
H.A.M.
Male

#859797 - 01/22/23 12:11 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Alright, I'm making a big push tonight and entering into The Thunderdome! A cherry bomb has been dropped and I'm about to throw it into The Thunderdome and see who all's around to wake up. 40 more post to go it seems, gonna go on a music marathon and hang out in tune town for a bit. I got a good one to share, it's about corn!

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
H.A.M.
Male

#860483 - 07/28/23 09:47 PM (7 months, 17 days ago)

What do you all think about flat earth?

I've seen some interesting zoom videos where theoretically there should be significant drop but there doesn't appear to be any.

Also, that Antarctic treaty is interesting.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#860487 - 07/29/23 10:00 AM (7 months, 16 days ago)

Visual identification of "drop" is an unreliable observation method, because you're observing it through a fluid (atmosphere) that is never at thermal equilibrium and has a continously varying density with altitude. Atmospheric lensing can allow for pretty significant beyond horizon propagation of visible light.

The fact that there isn't a 2 dimensional map of the earth, that accurately represents the easily measurable distances between all points on the earth, without requiring non-physical slices or chunks being removed from the map, is proof that there isn't a planar relationship between surface distances and surface area. From this easily surveyable data (physical distances between points across the world, and the sizes and shapes of the non-physical chunks that need to be removed in order to accurately draw the earth's surface on a map), it's mathematically obvious that the earth is a spheroid.

That's really all you need to know to disprove flat earth theory. But there's also observable flight paths of satellites, the consistently normal gravity vector, the combination of the presence of a coriolis force and a lack of observable surface convexity (or evidence for a "lift" with distance)...all of this generally excludes a flat earth from the realm of possibility.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale