Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineylbog
Stranger
Made oil with coconut oil and ABV... But don't know how much of it to take?
    #857240 - 06/11/22 02:11 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

So for the first time ever, I took my ABV and infused it into coconut oil at 170C.

Because I only had 1g of ABV, I had to put enough oil to cover the ABV in the pot while making it. I suspect that as a result, my oil might be a different concentration than the recipe (which said to use 1:12 ABV:oil)

I'd like to try my oil now, but I don't know how or how much:

Should I incorporate a tiny bit of it in a brownie recipe? Or should I take a bit of the oil (which is solid at room temp where I live) and spread it onto a piece of bread?

More importantly, how much should I use to avoid taking too much? I'm a light user, vaping 50mg of weed usually gets me well buzzed and 100-150mg gets me proper high.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Made oil with coconut oil and ABV... But don't know how much of it to take? [Re: ylbog]
    #857242 - 06/11/22 10:31 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

The concentration of cannabinoids is going to vary based on how thoroughly the weed was vaped, and whether or not you decarbed afterwards.  You're likely to have a mix of THC, CBN, and THCa in the oil. 

It's also probably going to taste like ass, so what I would do is use a dropper to fill capsules with different sized doses.  Start with 1 or 2 drops, and take double your previous dose every 2 hours until you are stoned.  Keep track of how many drops/caps it took, and you'll know how much to take next time.

I'd also add some sunflower lecithin to the oil for better absorption.

Offlineylbog
Stranger
Re: Made oil with coconut oil and ABV... But don't know how much of it to take? [Re: yoosername]
    #857322 - 06/16/22 09:43 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Thanks. I thought the weed would be decarboxylated from smoking it at 170-200C, did I misunderstand how that works?

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Made oil with coconut oil and ABV... But don't know how much of it to take? [Re: ylbog]
    #857324 - 06/16/22 05:49 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I'd imagine most of the THC would be decarboxylated, but if you were vaporizing at a lower temperature, it would take a little longer for full decarboxylation.

Do an image search for "decarboxylation chart".  They don't go up to vaporization temperatures, but you'll get an idea of the relationship between decarb temp and time. 

I was able to find one lab test of some oil made from abv on psi labs test results page.  Total potency was like 10mg THC, .1mg THCA which is pretty weak for me but about the standard potency for a dispensary gummy.

Personally, I toss my abv in the compost pile.  The trace amounts of cannabinoids are not worth the coconut oil or ethanol I'd need to extract them.  But I am fortunate enough to live in a legal state, and have a bucket of homegrown to puff on.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules