Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemakai444
n00b Grower

Loc: USA, Hot and Dry Climate
Apples & Bananas (Indoor Soil LED beginner grow)
    #856525 - 05/01/22 06:05 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

(Day 11)

Hello farmers of the internet!

I wanted community and feedback as needed, so I decided to start a an account here, and a grow dairy for my in progress grow.

She started as an Apples and Bananas clone I picked up from a dispensary and was planted in fox farms happy frog soil on 4/20/22 and has since been growing rapidly. The grow room has an AC set to low @ 75 degrees F left to run 24/7.

The lighting is ghetto I know, I'm on a budget and this is the best I can do for now. long term plans are to get a good LED sized to the tent and move the other lights out and reuse them for clone vegging. the blurple thing says it draws 200 W, and that 7-in-1 fixture runs dollar store LEDs @ 14 W each.

a 5 gallon smart pot and plant ties are in the mail, and when they arrive I'll be transplanting it and bending the main stem 90 degrees. I'm not topping this time, as this is my first time and I'd like to keep things simple.

EDIT 5/1/22

there was a technical problem uploading images, so here's some current shots of the plant and tent

--------------------
Current Grow Thread

Edited by makai444 (05/03/22 12:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Apples & Bananas (Indoor LED beginner grow) [Re: makai444]
    #856529 - 05/02/22 07:14 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Welcome to the Growery! 

You can cut the plastic domes off those LED bulbs for a bit more intensity if needed.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #856532 - 05/02/22 11:51 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Welcome!

You can also lower those lights, the internodal spacing suggests that the light intensity is a little low.

Also, you can load images directly to the Growery. If you scroll up to the top of the page, in the green bar with your username and mood, there is a link titled "Pics". Selecting that should open a new tab that will allow you to upload images, create different folders for different projects or topics to store your images in, and you can easily copy/paste the image links into your posts that come with thumbnails.

Happy to see people posting more grow logs, keep up the good work! :highfive:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Offlinemakai444
n00b Grower

Re: Apples & Bananas (Indoor LED beginner grow) [Re: Data]
    #856534 - 05/02/22 05:14 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yoosername said:
Welcome to the Growery! 

You can cut the plastic domes off those LED bulbs for a bit more intensity if needed.

I've heard these are just COBs in that bulb shell. that sounds like a good idea but the paranoid part of me doesn't want any toxic metals or anything falling off them into my weed.

Quote:

Data said:
Welcome!

You can also lower those lights, the internodal spacing suggests that the light intensity is a little low.

Also, you can load images directly to the Growery. If you scroll up to the top of the page, in the green bar with your username and mood, there is a link titled "Pics". Selecting that should open a new tab that will allow you to upload images, create different folders for different projects or topics to store your images in, and you can easily copy/paste the image links into your posts that come with thumbnails.

Happy to see people posting more grow logs, keep up the good work! :highfive:

thank you! I'ma get a kill-a-watt when I have the money for one and get more exact power draw figures for my tent. I'm not too surprised that my lighting isn't overkill. the fact that my plant isn't at full height yet isn't gonna help much I suspect, since the inverse square law's working against me.

I tried to upload pics the other day and I got an error. it might have just been a temporary glitch, I'll try again after I transplant her into her forever pot later today.

I don't know if you can see it in the pics but some of the lower older leaves (especially the ones she's had since I got her, I haven't defoliated at all yet) don't look as robust and healthy as the big newer ones. is that normal?

btw, 10/10 avatar gif

--------------------
Current Grow Thread

Offlinemakai444
n00b Grower

#856541 - 05/03/22 12:28 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

(Day 12)

my plant has been transplanted into a 5 gallon smart pot and low stress trained. I should have done the training earlier, but that's what practice means; making mistakes and learning from them. I also snipped of a leaf that wasn't ever gonna get light again and ate it. a little papery since she hadn't drank any water yet (I watered her after transplantation really good) but cannabis leaves taste good. I'm going to let her recover for a while since it's been a stressful day

later today edit (am stoned)

also I topped the plant, or I hope so at least. will show next time I take pics inside the tent

--------------------
Current Grow Thread

Edited by makai444 (05/03/22 04:43 AM)

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #856544 - 05/03/22 12:56 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

makai444 said:
I also snipped of a leaf that wasn't ever gonna get light again and ate it. a little papery since she hadn't drank any water yet (I watered her after transplantation really good) but cannabis leaves taste good.

I've heard of people coating weed leaves in batter and deep frying them, might be something to try once you have more.  I bet you could also cook them like kale chips.

If you enjoy eating the raw leaves, you should try juicing them.  A few large fan leaves, some green apple, carrots, and turmeric makes a wonderful juice.  You can freeze the weed juice in cubes, and add them to smoothies or whatever. :ohyeah:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Apples & Bananas (Indoor LED beginner grow) [Re: yoosername]
    #856547 - 05/04/22 01:55 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yoosername said:
Quote:

makai444 said:
I also snipped of a leaf that wasn't ever gonna get light again and ate it. a little papery since she hadn't drank any water yet (I watered her after transplantation really good) but cannabis leaves taste good.

I've heard of people coating weed leaves in batter and deep frying them, might be something to try once you have more.  I bet you could also cook them like kale chips.

If you enjoy eating the raw leaves, you should try juicing them.  A few large fan leaves, some green apple, carrots, and turmeric makes a wonderful juice.  You can freeze the weed juice in cubes, and add them to smoothies or whatever. :ohyeah:

I like this idea, no waste after trimming :highfive:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Offlinemakai444
n00b Grower

Re: Apples & Bananas (Indoor LED beginner grow) [Re: Data]
    #856550 - 05/05/22 12:16 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

(Day 14)

Really happy with the training and topping results so far. this plant is bushy af and she's growing from all over. gonna have lotsa colas. I've gone crazy with the plant ties tieing down all the growth to spread it out

Letters to the editor:

Quote:

Data said:
Quote:

yoosername said:
Quote:

makai444 said:

I like this idea, no waste after trimming :highfive:

I gotta try the juice idea when I defoliate

--------------------
Current Grow Thread

Offlinemakai444
n00b Grower

#857034 - 05/25/22 02:14 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

(Day 36)

sorry for the lack of updates, I got busy. I started flowering a while ago when she got big enough and she's looking good

--------------------
Current Grow Thread

OfflineNotE
Stranger

#865521 - 03/16/24 02:50 PM (12 days, 16 hours ago)

Oh trellis netting goes up horizontally? I thought it was vertically. I got pissed and took mine down. I was beginning to think trellis netting is for grapes only.  Looks great. But the pic I’m responding too looks like the light vertically hung is more powerful than the horizontal and it’s bending that way.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale