Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekreg

What's your cloning method?
    #854316 - 12/22/21 08:24 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

My cloning success rate has always been pretty bad, to the point that I've never continuously kept taking clones at any point, I always stop after getting one or two rooted. My best methods success rate was maybe around 10%. I'd wash my hands and get a paper towel with some isopropyl, wipe down trimmers, pick a good older lower branch and go higher up near a node, cut, then cut again at a 45 degree angle right through the node to get a maximum surface area of plant tissue of exposed, dab into rooting formula, then into water. Removing most of the leaves on the cut somewhere in that process. My experience that's a 10% chance of getting 1 cut that roots. I've tried variations on a lot of things, tried building cloners, I'm not sure what the fuck the problem is specifically. Pretty soon it'll be time for me to take clones from one of the hammers. So what's your cloning method and what's your success rate?

--------------------
This site is dead and nobody here is even growing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: What's your cloning method? [Re: kreg] * 1
    #854320 - 12/23/21 03:34 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I recently switched from my perlite wicking clone cups to clone plugs in a dome.  I highly recommend a pack of clone plugs and a dome.

What I do currently is take the clone just below the node, then dip/roll in clonex, using a square of folded tin foil like so _/\/\_ to hold the gel so I am not dipping directly into the bottle, and can get gel all around the node without using much.

Before I make the cuts or while the cuttings are chilling in a glass of water, I prepare some root riot cubes by soaking them in pH'd water, giving them a little squeeze, and then placing them in a cell tray.

Then simply poke the dipped cuttings into the holes in the rooters, cover with a dome, and keep an eye on them.  I keep the vents on the domes cracked for the first few days, then open them more as time goes on.  If the rooters dry out, I water them.  Leaving a little water in the bottom of the tray below the rooters can help keep them moist for longer, but try not to let the rooters touch the water directly.  I usually have roots on most of them by the two week mark.  My last attempt was 15/16.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1