Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

1st Outdoor Grow - Maneater clones * 1
    #849015 - 08/17/21 06:31 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Code:

Rooted clones were placed here on midnight of July 1st.
Couldn't really get all of them in frame, but that's a bright yellow 1 quart motor oil jug for size reference.

Never would've thought I'd be able to have these where they are, as visible as they are, when I first got these genetics.

Low-stress trained, simple tie-down method, and they're getting a little wild and scraggly compared to how they'd normally be trained while inside under complete control.

That damn fence around them is a pain in the ass to work around.

God Bless Magash

September 8

Mature buds!

Edited by resincoatedlungs (01/05/22 01:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 1st Outdoor Grow - Maneater clones [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #849017 - 08/18/21 01:46 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Looking good.:thumbup:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: 1st Outdoor Grow - Maneater clones [Re: Magash]
    #849024 - 08/19/21 07:16 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

:homerdrool:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: 1st Outdoor Grow - Maneater clones [Re: Data]
    #849044 - 08/23/21 09:53 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

We've been getting some pretty heavy rain for the past week, 2 days after I took these pics I went outside to find that all 4 had nearly doubled in size from the looks of things!

Pics will be taken at sunrise asap to confirm or deny hyperbole:p

Edit: Didnt get pics when i said I would, but plan to this time. Theyre definitely flowering, and im pretty sure the stretch period is already well and finished.

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

Edited by resincoatedlungs (09/03/21 10:48 PM)

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#849286 - 09/09/21 04:23 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

New pics!

Some were taken by a dif camera and diff hands, but got some good shots of below-the-canopy bud formation.
Maybe some slight yellowing, a little Nitrogen could be the fix.

Given that they've received no extra nutrients so far, and are grown in what started as a 50/50 mix of local pure red clay and straight peat moss, mixed with roughly 15% perlite, and then had poppies growing in it for 3 years, then got a little fresh peat moss and 3/4 bag of Ocean Forest, they're doing goddamn amazing.

I definitely want to feed them SOME during flowering, but have no nutes. Am considering just neutralizing some potassium hydroxide with phosphoric acid to get potassium phosphatemlm, diluting that down to a 1%-3% solution, and watering with said solution to give some P and K.

For size reference, thats a 20oz coke bottle, pack of 100s, and the tan camper is roughly 8ft across.

Edit: Forgot to add, that screen isn't really for training purposes, but only to serve as another boundary/layer against any animals and brave souls with sticky fingers. One more thing to make it harder to make a fast grab silently.

--------------------

Man Eater

Edited by resincoatedlungs (09/12/21 02:43 PM)

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#849694 - 09/19/21 08:46 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Nice! Can't wait to see the money shots when they get thicc :awehigh:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: 1st Outdoor Grow - Maneater clones [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #849717 - 09/20/21 06:30 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Well fuck, got some trouble in paradise...
An absolute goddamn infestation of grasshoppers, noticeable only during the night hours. I only have this single photo bc I didnt take the pics myself, but holy Jesus I dont like the looks of it.

What is something safe to use with Cannabis meant for smoking, to remedy this problem Napalm-style? I've seen both Capsaicin and Garlic extracts repeated several times in several places across my Google searches, but nothing that seems to be a no-nonsense, not-for-total-treehuggers solution that's still proven safe and clearly described as such.

After doing some Growery searching, Azamax/Azadirachtin was mentioned by Trusted Cultivators, which is present in plain cheap Neem oil, but I don't know whether there's a significant difference in the concentration/Azadirachtin content between generic Neem oils and something like Azamax; I knoow local cheap rooting hormone powders are insanely dilute compared to Rootech while still contianing the same active ingredient, which is the seed for this train of thought.

:awedisgust:

--------------------

Man Eater

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#849719 - 09/20/21 07:20 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Use your hands and get to squishing :house: The rest will run in terror as they witness their brethren being vanquished :wonka:

Edit: if you can't squish them yourself then I would use peppermint oil. Bugs hate peppermint. (But seriously, get some gloves and start squishing. They will run for their lives once they see a predator going berserk)

Editx2: I have a friend with a big ass bearded dragon. I'd have him bring it over and let it eat all the grasshoppers if I was in your position. If you don't have a friend with a bearded dragon I would suggest getting a bearded dragon. They will go savage on those bugs.

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Edited by spirit_shadow (09/20/21 08:15 AM)

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#849722 - 09/20/21 08:20 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

So, in essence, just "shoo" them away? In that case, swatting and smacking at them and the general area/leaves with a nice wide broom ought to have a similar effect yea or nay?

I've always been a puss when it comes to bugs. Especially crunchy ones with legs that stick into you, like those damned stinkbugs that were a plague only a few short ywars ago.

You think literally "smoking them out" with somethiing like smoldering poplar, pine, or oak wood smoke would have any benefit either pre or post shoo-ing and crushing marathon? Sorta like how beekeepers do with whatever it is they use?

--------------------

Man Eater

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #849725 - 09/20/21 10:05 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I'd do whatever you're going to do quickly, that looks like the beginning of a swarming phase (quit literally a small swarm of locusts, or an upsurge). Some grasshoppers go through this gregarious phase, and otherwise would not occupy such a small space in these kinds of numbers.

If that is the case, they will mate quickly and produce a fuckload of gregarious offspring.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: 1st Outdoor Grow - Maneater clones [Re: Data]
    #849726 - 09/20/21 10:16 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I would literally squish them all....actually I have one of those electric fly swatters I would probably just electrisplode them all with that :ancientaliens:

Edit: I would get a bag and try to catch as many as possible then burn the bag then squish the stragglers.

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Edited by spirit_shadow (09/20/21 10:17 AM)

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: 1st Outdoor Grow - Maneater clones [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #849922 - 09/23/21 03:30 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Manual removal and neem oil used, homemade capsaicin extract nearly finished while waiting to get some hit pepper wax spray.

In a panic since Im relying on these surviving to clone from as the last source of Maneater genetics available to me, due to not-my negligence and pride causing the loss of all other Maneater seeds and mother plants.

I nearly had a heart attack when I realized that these were the last of this strain, and will be starting an indoor, controlled grow once some rooted clones are secured from these flowering plants that will be dedicated solely to rebuilding gene stock via silver thiosulfate feminization. I already lost one of Mag's strains to totally unnecessary neglect, I won't allow it to happen again!

--------------------

Man Eater

Edited by resincoatedlungs (01/28/22 06:10 PM)

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#851278 - 10/24/21 04:18 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Harvested, pics taken but need to be gathered for uploading, total yield is a guaranteed 600g of only trimmed bud (popcorn bud and sugar trim not part of this number given).

For no nutrients added, relaxed training, soil consisting of cheap peat moss/perlite blended together and mixed with a partial bag of FFOF, and a strange Biblical plague-type grasshopper infestation that was remedied easily enough, the yield is fantastic and the quality is damn great so far.

As said before, pics of the plants just prior to harvest and pics of the mid-curing buds will be uploaded before this thread is finalized and wrapped up for good.

Unfortunately it appears as though this will be my last taste of Maneater, one clone remains and if it goes like everything else has been going lately, it too will be lost to the misfortune of yesteryear; I genuinely want to shed tears and may still do so, just thinking about it.

Ive certainly developed a sentimental attachment to Maneater and can definitely see how a breeder could be 'one' with their creations.

May God damn to eternal Hellfire all those who contributed to Her slipping away and possibly out of reach of our curative efforts; and may such wicked beings, with their blasphemous ways, never curse another grower or otherwise blessed receiver of Holy Mag's Divine Messengers (aka: Mag's untouchable strains) ever again.

AMEN

Anyway, enough with the (somewhat) jokingly dramatic bitching and moaning, Ive still got the one surviving clone taken from a flowering plant, as well as seeds of Sweet 16 and an autoflowering strain remaining to be grown out and fem-seeded before being flowered.

Any growery OGs with original Maneater (as well as blueberry x haze) either straight from the source or seed produced from the straight-from-source plants, holla?

--------------------

Man Eater

Edited by resincoatedlungs (01/28/22 06:09 PM)

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#853831 - 12/16/21 07:18 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Dammit, I thought I posted the final details to this grow already!

Final dry weight was over 600g by the time we got tired of keeping record; if I had to estimate, there was roughly another 100-125g left afterwards unweighed. Some was lost to core budrot due to lack of fresh air exchange, caused by the tarps that were hung on the short notice given with legalization, to comply with the "must not be visible from the main street" part of the law, and to force potential thieves (that were around at the time) to make a little noise in order get access to the plants without getting too close to the porch and risking death via rapid, acute lead poisoning.

Pics will be posted, if I have to edit this post to include them, but anyone following this thread knows how prompt I am with things lately :sarcastic:

Edit: And how could I possibly wrap this post up without including pics of the ONE. SINGLE. little Maneater-that-could?!

This is the sole survivor, taken from a late-late-flowering plant and forced to revert back to veg. The VERY first clones taken from this will be hit with Silver thiosulfate to create fem'd seeds. It ain't a perfect scenario, but it's a whole hell of a lot better than losing it COMPLETELY.

Edited by resincoatedlungs (12/16/21 07:32 AM)

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#854653 - 01/05/22 01:53 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I hate to bump this so late, I only just reqlized that the mature pics werentt part of my last post, so here they are!

Mature buds!

By the time I actually got to a camera, several branches had already been hacked off and taken in for trimming :oops:

--------------------

Man Eater

Edited by resincoatedlungs (01/05/22 01:55 AM)

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#854658 - 01/05/22 05:22 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Good shit

:kaneclap:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Invisibleares
God Of War

#854900 - 01/12/22 08:53 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

:leocheers:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds