Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Would you snort cannabis?
    #847933 - 05/12/21 08:59 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

https://okanaganz.com/oz/news/canna-bumps-even-comes-with-a-tiny-coke-spoon/

Canna Bumps even comes with a tiny coke spoon

That’s what something called Canna Bumps proposes.

It appears to be either a scam or a joke, rather than a real product; however, it has sparked a conversation around where to draw the line, so to speak, when it comes to cannabis delivery methods.

The name Canna Bumps is a play on taking a small sniff of cocaine—aka, a bump.

“Have some fun with your cannabis with our unique cannabis concentrate. Canna Bumps are just what they sound like – cannabis concentrate designed to be consumed through the nose, ingested directly or added to your favourite food,” says the product description.

Canna Bumps was listed late last week on Leafly and Weedmaps. It’s since been removed from both sites.

The product description from Canna Bumps says it’s designed to allow THC molecules to transfer directly into blood circulation through the nasal cavity, bypassing the liver and digestive system for immediate effect.

The three-gram container is said to contain 600 mg of THC, and each 10 mg bump provides 2 mg of THC. Apparently, the kit comes with a little coke spoon.

Even if it were real does anyone want it?

The cannabis community has reacted with a mixture of mockery and derision… with a little bit of curiosity. Here’s a sampling of the feedback from Reddit and Facebook:

• “Screw this company and their horrible product! Glorifying cocaine/meth culture. Just what we need is to explain how cannabis is not a gateway drug…again. This is so far away from what the plant represents. This product makes me embarrassed to be a part of cannabis culture.”

• “Save your money and grab some canna-heroin. Why just smoke it when you can inject that THC straight into a vein.”

• “Honestly, it’s an interesting product idea. BUT… very ridiculous at the same time. Snorting THC?! Wtf?!”

• “People already complain that dabbers look like crackheads, this is the next evolution.”

• “I would try it. I’m very disappointed in those who continue to perpetuate stigma around drug use by shaming people who choose different ingestion routes than they do. There are already medical Cannabis nasal mists and inhalable powder formulations currently being developed.”

• “Shameful. Ammunition for those who would keep Cannabis controlled.”

Wow people are so fucking shallow its ok to use my drug but don't use any others. They remind me of Christens who hate Jews and Arabs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Would you snort cannabis? [Re: Rider420]
    #847935 - 05/12/21 10:16 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

My question would be ...Why?

Other than being a stupid gimmick what purpose is there in this form of administration?

I'm not a fan of these new ways of consuming my herb. The dry herb vaporizer is probably the best invention for cannabis consumption ever made.

Vape pens? ... meh, nice for traveling but not the best way to use it daily. Concentrates jack your dependence up WAY too fast for my taste.

Dabs? ... again what's the point? Just put some herb in a fucking bong already!!!

Cannabis is a wonderful plant that's fairly easy to consume ... dabs, concentrates and this new powder cannabis is just a fad in my opinion.

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

InvisibleSonicTitan
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: Would you snort cannabis? [Re: niteowl]
    #847937 - 05/12/21 01:01 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

I assume it is THC  isolate but they are trying to market it as a snortable item. Pretty disgusting to do so imo.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Would you snort cannabis? [Re: SonicTitan]
    #847938 - 05/12/21 01:15 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SonicTitan said:
I assume it is THC  isolate but they are trying to market it as a snortable item. Pretty disgusting to do so imo.

Sniffing snuff is just too much eh :grin: I like choices and hate those who would take away those choices simply because they don't want it.

https://www.castanet.net/news/By-the-ounce/333691/Weed-company-taking-a-hit

Weed company taking a hit
David Wylie - May 12, 2021 / 11:00 am | Story: 333691

Photo: Contributed

That’s what something called Canna Bumps proposes. The name Canna Bumps is a play on taking a small sniff of cocaine — a bump.

The product has sparked a heated conversation around where to draw the line, so to speak, when it comes to cannabis delivery methods.

“Have some fun with your cannabis with our unique cannabis concentrate. Canna Bumps are just what they sound like – cannabis concentrate designed to be consumed through the nose, ingested directly or added to your favourite food,” says the product description.

Canna Bumps was listed by licensed California cannabis company THC Living early this month, and appeared on the company’s site, Leafly and Weedmaps. It’s since been removed after an uproar.

The product description from Canna Bumps says it’s designed to allow THC molecules to transfer directly into blood circulation through the nasal cavity, bypassing the liver and digestive system for immediate effect.

The three-gram container is said to contain 600 mg of THC, and each 10 mg bump provides 2 mg of THC. Apparently, the kit comes with a little coke spoon.

Initially, it wasn’t clear whether the product was real or a joke.

However, Leafly provided an update after receiving a statement from a law firm representing THC Living. It says a few months ago, THC Living was approached by a third party that wanted to use the company’s proprietary formulations to create Canna Bumps.

“As soon as our client learned more about the product, it took the temperature of its customers and those in the industry to gauge how they felt about Canna Bumps. Because of its own concerns, those expressed by consumers, and the misgivings of those in the industry, our client made the decision to terminate any licence granted to any third party that would use its proprietary information to produce or market a product like Canna Bumps,” says the statement.

Still, Leafly points out that THC Living didn’t merely license its technology; rather Canna Bumps was marketed as a product in the THC Living consumer line.

Canna Bumps has made one thing abundantly clear — most people don’t want the product to even exist. Online, the cannabis community has reacted mostly with mockery and derision.

Here’s a sampling of the feedback from Reddit and Facebook:

“Screw this company and their horrible product! Glorifying cocaine/meth culture. Just what we need is to explain how cannabis is not a gateway drug…again. This is so far away from what the plant represents. This product makes me embarrassed to be a part of cannabis culture.”
Save your money and grab some canna-heroin. Why just smoke it when you can inject that THC straight into a vein.”
“Shameful. Ammunition for those who would keep Cannabis controlled.”
There are so many different ways to partake in the cannabis plant, it boggles my mind why someone would want to take it up the nose.

David Wylie is publisher of the oz. Reach him at david@davidwylie.ca. Keep your eye out for the latest edition of the magazine, which is about to drop.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Would you snort cannabis? [Re: Rider420] * 1
    #847940 - 05/12/21 04:10 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

I hear ya on the issue of having choices, but the cannabis community is in a precarious state, especially within the US, and impressions/appearance are critical if long term legalization and legitimization of cannabis is the goal.

And so while snorting cannabis can be seen as just another administration route for THC...snorting powders has a long and well established association with dangerous behavior involving addictive substances.

If we (the US) want our stuffy old white leaders in Washington to view cannabis as something akin to or better than alcohol, then we should give the impression that we aren't just all sitting around looking for a more effective way to get high, employing generally unhealthy methods used by trashy junkies to use it.

Think of the response of the Napa valley wine community if someone came up with a system that could fit over a bottle of fine wine and pump an entire bottle into your bum easily, advertising that you can get lit AF in record time without the nausea or first-pass metabolism associated with drinking, and then asked the Napa valley wine community what they think of the product?

Some of us (ahem Kavanaugh) would be super stoked about boofing a few bottles of expensive cabernet and then assaulting a college student, but the vast majority of respectable wine producers and consumers would 100% not want to be associated with that dumb ass shit. Any distributors trying to sell both fancy and trash wines would be apt to follow the opinions of the fancy producers, and now you have the same scenario that you see with trashy cannabumps.

I for one hate snorting anything, and get plenty stoned from a nice bowl or joint. If you wanna go into the depths of the universe with cannabis, eat a fucking edible...don't be a trash panda snorting highly processed powder that is allegedly thc off a mirror...it's erasing years of progress moving away from the gateway drug association, and just in general takes away from the overall experience (smell, flavor, ritual) of lighting and smoking a joint.

TL;DR - snorting cannabis is whack, yo!

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Would you snort cannabis? [Re: Data]
    #847941 - 05/12/21 10:42 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:TL;DR - snorting cannabis is whack, yo!

Could you imagine if you tried to convince people that smoking is good for you? 50% plus of people who smoke tobacco thier whole lives die from it. Sorry but the argument that smoking cannabis is the healthiest way to ingest it is not based on science. Vaping, snorting, topicals, drops, drinking and eating cannabis are all safer choices.

I will go with science and worry about my heath rather then what opinions narcs will have, because they will want to ban cannabis no matter what method you use to ingest. And worrying more about other people reactions then your own health is whack, yo! :wink:

BTW do you really believe that snorting power cocaine is worse then smoking crack ? Thanks for the Whitney Houston reference.

Edited by Rider420 (05/13/21 06:20 AM)

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#847946 - 05/13/21 06:20 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Would I or have I?

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Would you snort cannabis? [Re: poor boy]
    #847947 - 05/13/21 06:24 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:
Would I or have I?

Smoked crack? :grin:

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#847949 - 05/13/21 08:21 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rider420 said:
Quote:

poor boy said:
Would I or have I?

Smoked crack? :grin:

No and No

--------------------
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#847952 - 05/13/21 10:24 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:No and No

Something you hear a lot girls in bars say?:laugh2:

So would you try MDMA? Mushrooms? LSD? Cocaine? Heroin? Seed? Meth? Tobacco? Alcohol?

:b00ftube:

There is no prison as complete as the one we put ourselves in.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #847953 - 05/13/21 10:57 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rider420 said:
Quote:

Data said:TL;DR - snorting cannabis is whack, yo!

Could you imagine if you tried to convince people that smoking is good for you? 50% plus of people who smoke tobacco thier whole lives die from it. Sorry but the argument that smoking cannabis is the healthiest way to ingest it is not based on science. Vaping, snorting, topicals, drops, drinking and eating cannabis are all safer choices.

I will go with science and worry about my heath rather then what opinions narcs will have, because they will want to ban cannabis no matter what method you use to ingest. And worrying more about other people reactions then your own health is whack, yo! :wink:

BTW do you really believe that snorting power cocaine is worse then smoking crack ? Thanks for the Whitney Houston reference.

I think you are trying a little too hard to read between the lines. I never said that smoking cannabis was healthier than snorting cannabis.

Additionally, you seem to be making statements about the safety of administration of substances that is also not "based on science". Using the tobacco analogy, before smoking became the primary route of nicotine administration, snuff was a common method of consuming tobacco, where finely chopped tobacco leaf was snorted. Tobacco also has a long history of health issues related to chewing or dipping.

I also don't understand the whole "I'll worry about my health rather than opinions" argument, when there are other routes of administration that are more commonly used as safe routes of administration for the majority of pharmaceuticals, as well as the primary route the body has evolved to safely introduce substances to the rest of the body. It seems to be a weak argument in support of snorting cannabis compared to just about every other established way of administering cannabis.

What I was talking about was perception, specifically to people unlike you or I that do not know enough about different substances or their routes of administration. Cannabis is currently a schedule 1 drug in the US, right up there with heroin. I know plenty of otherwise intelligent Americans who rattle off mostly debunked myths about cannabis that were spread around by the likes of Reefer Madness and the D.A.R.E. programs, among others. Those people are capable of being shown that cannabis is not a gateway drug, and that you don't have to be involved in junkie-style activities to enjoy it (quite literally, the average American doesn't snort random powders, that is generally considered a junkie activity). On the other hand, they have a lot of ingrained bias against cannabis, and seeing products that look and are used like cocaine, meth, or opiates by a junkie, will push them in the opposite direction toward approval or rejection of cannabis as a safe recreational substance that can be enjoyed by all.

Idk what you do for a living, but I am a professional in the field of STEM research and development. My past enjoyment of cannabis is seen as on par with a junky's use of heroin in these types of jobs, and thus my involvement in this particular activity can not be shared with any of my peers. Furthermore, I've had to give up cannabis use for my career. Now, I enjoy my career, and feel pretty passionate about the impact my R&D work has on humanity in general. I also get a nice fat paycheck that allows me additional freedoms that I would have to give up in order to enjoy cannabis. I hate that I am not free to both pursue my career and also enjoy cannabis in my free time. So for me, making sure that the "narcs" feel that cannabis is safe, fun, and not associated with or linked to junkie activity is paramount to federal legalization and my ability to enjoy cannabis. When you speak about the freedom to do what you want, I think of the relativity of freedom, and feel perfectly justified in discouraging cannabis products or use that looks like snorting cocaine in exchange for the millions of people in my situation to have the freedom to enjoy cannabis at all. Your perceived loss of freedom in different niche ways to use cannabis is small compared to me not having any freedoms related to cannabis at all. So your argument there is, again, pretty weak for the vast majority of middle-class Americans.

If you are having doubts about the validity of my claims involving cannabumps and association with shittier, harder drugs, just look at your post. You are literally asking me about the relative safety of snorting cocaine or smoking crack in a discussion about cannabumps. You are automatically making this connection, and while you may not be daunted by this subject, a lot of average Americans would respond that both snorting coke and smoking crack are incredibly addictive and incredibly dangerous (just look at your dead celebrity reference as an example that everyone knows about), and then the whole fucking conversation has linked cannabis and the progression of its products and usage to coca and the progression of its products and usage. How do you think that thought process will work out for legalization here?

This is an exercise in playing the long game for the general good of the cannabis community. I will gladly discourage snortable or IV cannabis products in exchange for the legalization and normalization of cannabis so we can all enjoy it. :shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineNiffla
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #847957 - 05/13/21 06:50 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

nah

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#847961 - 05/14/21 05:51 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rider420 said:
Quote:

So would you try MDMA? Mushrooms? LSD? Cocaine? Heroin? Seed? Meth? Tobacco? Alcohol?

I've had mdma many of times, I've drank poppy seed tea, I tried meth once many moons ago, tobacco was smoked a couple times in my early years, Ive had a handful of RCs, lsd, mescaline, um... DMT, salvia, pills upon pills, of course alcohol, mushrooms are flowing through my veins, cocaine, and umm.. I'm sure I'm leaving something out.

By far my best combo was mushrooms, lsd, and mdma while smoking teh marijuanas and drinking alchols. On my come down we chased a bunch of opiates with more alchols and marijuanas.

--------------------

Offline8787sunshine
classic stoner

#847981 - 05/15/21 04:53 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

You can snort kif.  People pass out from it.  I have reason to believe cannabis was created by God.

--------------------
Bombing swords exit the murder charge left it exposed supposed words sex trip further on you took off your clothes

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

Re: Would you snort cannabis? [Re: 8787sunshine]
    #847995 - 05/16/21 12:26 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I have actually snorted the shake at the bottom of the herb container and i didnt really feel that much, but snorting kief or hash would get u pretty high :feelsoldman:

Offline8787sunshine
classic stoner

Re: Would you snort cannabis? [Re: Jenny]
    #847996 - 05/16/21 12:35 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

In Holland people pass out every day.

--------------------
Bombing swords exit the murder charge left it exposed supposed words sex trip further on you took off your clothes

Offlineaaronthehippocrite
hippo
Male

Re: Would you snort cannabis? [Re: 8787sunshine]
    #848078 - 05/30/21 08:49 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Id snort it just for the novelty of it. But I can never see that being my favorite ROA

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Would you snort cannabis? [Re: aaronthehippocrite]
    #848104 - 05/31/21 09:51 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

LOL guess you never heard of snuff huh? Like smoking tobacco snuffing and chewing tobacco causes cancers. No one has ever died from cannabis no matter where you put it!

Lighten up people stop worrying about what narcs or morons might say and enjoy life!

"Snuff is a smokeless tobacco made from ground or pulverised tobacco leaves. It is inhaled or "snuffed" into the nasal cavity, delivering a swift hit of nicotine and a lasting flavoured scent (especially if flavouring has been blended with the tobacco).

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#848105 - 05/31/21 09:54 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:
Quote:

Rider420 said:
Quote:

I've had mdma many of times, I've drank poppy seed tea, I tried meth once many moons ago, tobacco was smoked a couple times in my early years, Ive had a handful of RCs, lsd, mescaline, um... DMT, salvia, pills upon pills, of course alcohol, mushrooms are flowing through my veins, cocaine, and umm.. I'm sure I'm leaving something out.

By far my best combo was mushrooms, lsd, and mdma while smoking teh marijuanas and drinking alchols. On my come down we chased a bunch of opiates with more alchols and marijuanas.

Like I said there is no greater prison or punishments then the ones we build or do to ourselves.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder